STUnlocker iOS App for Shimano motors is available

MisterMT

Oct 30, 2019
UK
Very tempted by this app... if I simply switch from EU to US region, will this make it harder for me to get repairs etc, or can I just switch back before doing that?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Assuming that it's not so broken that you can't actually get into it to change the setting back, then yes, you should in theory just be able to change it back to EU region.

Ozone08

Sep 17, 2019
Cheshire
Looking forward to trying this at the weekend. Sorry if this question has been asked before but iv downloaded the app but there is no “send a licence request” option in the main menu. Does it only show up once the bike has been connected to the app? Thanks
18092A6D-E432-44A0-8BE1-7A871CB63406.png

Last edited:

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
New version was released. Localized for German, Italian, French, Dutch, Finnish, Russian, Spanish

petjoh

Oct 3, 2019
Austria
Hi vadll,

he translation is not completely clean. The text is too long for the dipslay.
You can not "force" another language. wanted to change to English. Apparently the IOS language is taken.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Hi vadll,

he translation is not completely clean. The text is too long for the dipslay.
You can not "force" another language. wanted to change to English. Apparently the IOS language is taken.
I've posted a new version which allows to change language manually. Moreover, I fixed some "localization" issues...

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Interested in purely the 32kmh option,bit confused with all this downgrade etc but my drives etc is the latest version and I’m using an iPhone,will this work for me then? Do I need to be connected while I pay for the licensing? I’ve connected and had a look and requested licensing and have the email but I’m not connected ATM

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Interested in purely the 32kmh option,bit confused with all this downgrade etc but my drives etc is the latest version and I’m using an iPhone,will this work for me then? Do I need to be connected while I pay for the licensing? I’ve connected and had a look and requested licensing and have the email but I’m not connected ATM
1. No any DOWNGRADES/UPDATES are required. You can derestrict any supported bike with any FW on it
2. To get a license you have to connect to your bike and click on "Send a licence request". After that connection to a bike is not required. You'll get information about how to pay and etc.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
It really is super easy once you figure it out. As @vadll says really. I wanted the same as you and had the same reservations. Now this very subtle change has been made the bike is transformed.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
1. No any DOWNGRADES/UPDATES are required. You can derestrict any supported bike with any FW on it
2. To get a license you have to connect to your bike and click on "Send a licence request". After that connection to a bike is not required. You'll get information about how to pay and etc.
It really is super easy once you figure it out. As @vadll says really. I wanted the same as you and had the same reservations. Now this very subtle change has been made the bike is transformed.
Yes I love everything as it is now I’ve adjusted some of the power settings with E-TUBE,I just find my cruising speed on fire roads/tracks etc is about 17mph so I’m in and out of assistance, so I’m guessing I’ve got to use the E-TUBE app to load previous versions of firmware so I can’t do this.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
It's so hard to understand what do you want..
If you want to derestrict your bike using STUnlocker - read my post above.
If not, use E-Tube to change assist settings and enjoy your bike

Yes I love everything as it is now I’ve adjusted some of the power settings with E-TUBE,I just find my cruising speed on fire roads/tracks etc is about 17mph so I’m in and out of assistance, so I’m guessing I’ve got to use the E-TUBE app to load previous versions of firmware so I can’t do this.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
It's so hard to understand what do you want..
If you want to derestrict your bike using STUnlocker - read my post above.
If not, use E-Tube to change assist settings and enjoy your bike
Sorry buddy I get confused easily ?don’t want to derestrict it just raise the top speed to 32kmph using your app but like you say above I’ve got to downgrade software to do this ?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Derestrict = raising top speed and vice versa. As I said above, and many times everywhere, downgrade is not required for changing speed limit to 32km/h

Sorry buddy I get confused easily ?don’t want to derestrict it just raise the top speed to 32kmph using your app but like you say above I’ve got to downgrade software to do this ?

AZRickD

Jan 21, 2020
Arizona
I’ll be getting a new 2020 eMTB with Shimano E8000 next week or so.
How does the ST UnLocker look for current firmware versions?

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
I’ll be getting a new 2020 eMTB with Shimano E8000 next week or so.
How does the ST UnLocker look for current firmware versions?

Nothing has changed, current E8000 firmware is still 4.7.1, last update was September 2019. Unless Shimano suddenly updates the DU-E8000 firmware between now and when you get your "2020" bike, then it will still be on 4.7.1.

AZRickD

Jan 21, 2020
Arizona
I’ll have to check to see which display it comes with (E7000 vs E8000).

Does the E7000 still require the firmware downgrade?

AZRickD

Jan 21, 2020
Arizona
The previous comments (and the ST Unlocker site) said that (IIRC) The E7000 display required a firmware downgrade to get the speed settings to work. The E8000 display did not.

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
The previous comments (and the ST Unlocker site) said that (IIRC) The E7000 display required a firmware downgrade to get the speed settings to work. The E8000 display did not.

Show me where it says this specifically, so there's context.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles