STUnlocker iOS App for Shimano motors is available

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
EMax can region change from EU/UK to US (25km/h to 32 km/h) on the 4.7.0 FW. It would be great if StepsUnlocker could. Too.

Master Link

Dec 7, 2018
Isle of Wight
Can do what? Connect to bike with 4.7.0? Or speed unlocking? (I don’t think so)
Hi, I have 2 questions before I purchase a license for you app.

1. Can I use the iOS app to change firmware from 4.7.0 to 4.3.2?
2. If not (which I suspect knowing Apple), than can I do it with the windows app using a SME-PC01 interface, or do I need the SME-PC02 interface?

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
The "Apple Version" is an app for iOS. There's no interface other than connecting with Bluetooth between your iOS device and the E8000 display unit.
Thanks, I think I understand now. Its for the advanced features that you get with a license is where you might need the interface according to the website. STEPS Unlocker

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Hi, I have 2 questions before I purchase a license for you app.

1. Can I use the iOS app to change firmware from 4.7.0 to 4.3.2?
2. If not (which I suspect knowing Apple), than can I do it with the windows app using a SME-PC01 interface, or do I need the SME-PC02 interface?

Can't downgrade yet on iOS; to downgrade right now you'll either need the Windows app + PCE interface, or a compatible Android device with the Andriod app. Both methods explained on the website.

Thanks, I think I understand now. Its for the advanced features that you get with a license is where you might need the interface according to the website. STEPS Unlocker

With a license you get the advanced features, all adjusted through Bluetooth, when using the iOS app. I think you're confusing/interchanging the functionality of the iOS app with the Windows PC version, which requires the Shimano PCE interface.

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
Can't downgrade yet on iOS; to downgrade right now you'll either need the Windows app + PCE interface, or a compatible Android device with the Andriod app. Both methods explained on the website.

With a license you get the advanced features, all adjusted through Bluetooth, when using the iOS app. I think you're confusing/interchanging the functionality of the iOS app with the Windows PC version, which requires the Shimano PCE interface.
Yes, your right, I am. Thanks

naeth689

Jul 8, 2019
Tahiti - French Polynesia
Hello and greetings from Tahiti !
I got the iOS app on sunday and it close when I try to connect to my bike.

Spec :
iPhone SE / iOS 12.3.1
Orbea FS40 2019 / DU-E7000 / SC-E7000 /SW-E8000-L

What I did so far :
E-tube app already installed showing original firmware DU-E7000 4.1.1 and SC-E7000 4.0.1
sc1.jpg

Installing the Steps Unlocker app (it was still the free of charge one)
Connect to bike : app close at the 53/66 step
Restarting phone : same result
Power off/on bike : same result
Uninstalling the E-tube app : same result

Installing E-tube on wife's android phone
Updating the DU-E7000 firmware to 4.3.1 with the downgrade process to not get the latest (SC-E7000 forced update to 4.0.2 before being allowed to update the DU one)
sc2.jpg

App still close the same way on my iPhone after.

The connecting process goes like the E-tube app :
The bike screen shows the shimano's steps logo at the 30/66 step, then there's a small pause at 34/66, then it continues up to the 53/66 before the app close and the bike screen is reloaded.
sc3.jpg

If you have any idea why or if you need more information, please let me know.

Thank you for your help !

Master Link

Dec 7, 2018
Isle of Wight

Thank you raine. Considering the cost of a PCE1 or 2 and the fact that I will probably only need to down grade the firmware once it will be better for me to use an Android phone.

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Thank you raine. Considering the cost of a PCE1 or 2 and the fact that I will probably only need to down grade the firmware once it will be better for me to use an Android phone.

That's exactly what I did, I used an Android tablet just to downgrade, very easy to do.

Master Link

Dec 7, 2018
Isle of Wight
I will probably just buy a cheap Android smart phone off Amazon. Do you know if there is a minimum software level required for the app to work on Android?
I just went onto the Play Store using Chrome and found the app. It needs Android version 5.0 or newer. So I can buy a cheapo phone/tablet and should be good to go.

If38

Jun 30, 2019
France
EMax can region change from EU/UK to US (25km/h to 32 km/h) on the 4.7.0 FW. It would be great if StepsUnlocker could. Too.
Hi @vadII. Same question here! I launched etube app and it has automatically updated my motor with the latest version (4.7.0) :rolleyes:. I have no PC or Android phone to downgrade, only an iPhone and a mac! As Emax found a way with the 4.7.0 firmware, are you also looking for a solution? Or any tips to downgrade with an iPhone or a mac? Thanks!

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
You can buy an Android mini tablet for not very much money (a few under £60 at PC World) or even better get someone with an android phone to do it for you.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
You can buy an Android mini tablet for not very much money (a few under £60 at PC World) or even better get someone with an android phone to do it for you.

That is a little beside the point though. A one use device is environmentally a no go if not for privacy reasons too. It can be done in software.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
That is a little beside the point though. A one use device is environmentally a no go if not for privacy reasons too. It can be done in software.
I’m not sure there is anything other than maybe an expensive watch that shouts one use, first world, needless trinket than an e-mountain bike?
I guess in your haste to virtue signal you missed the ‘or even better ask someone with an android phone to do it for you’.
So as the alternatives clearly offend your finely tuned sensibilities, I guess you’ll just have to wait for the ‘Russian data stealing bot’ to come up with an update........?

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
I like your “there’s no such thing as privacy any more” sensibilities.?

As for one use, my bike gets used for commute, fun, exercise etc ?

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
If you are on the internet there is no such thing as privacy. All your information is for sale to the highest bidder, you are deluded if you think otherwise.
Phones and assistants listen to you and your family constantly, reporting back to big brother, stashing those private thoughts and opinions for later scrutiny by the Silicon Valley Stazi.
Sleep well knowing how secure your privacy is. (whilst how you slept is being recorded & sent back to base for that life insurance assessment?)

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
I know exactly the extent to which my privacy is, or is not, exposed to others. For that reason I will not go anywhere near an Android device. Particularly if I only have it for one purpose (not regularly used, more likely to remain updated).

I’m not saying anyone else needs to make that decision but this is the way I personally approach technology.

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Here's the official 1.4 updated instruction manual for those who are interested (complete with downgrade info for those who want to open up the speed restriction)

EDIT: manual can be downloaded from https://www.stunlocker.com

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles