DH World Cup thread

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I'd say having Peaty & Greg Minaar in your ear is a big advantage which shows how good Jordan is. Either way, Jackson's edged it recently, 75 points ahead in the overall. That's why I back him, it's not as if I've picked him out of thin air but when those two step up to elite, they will write the story of dh for years to come. I'm sure of it.
Jackson. What a future that boy has.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Most of the world cup guys contracted to teams & sponsors don't fancy taking a big injury at a one off invitational event with a big reputation I would think. Hardline usually happens in June/July when the world cup is still on. At a guess., now, most of the racers are just happy to be taking a break from risking their necks.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
It really is. They're making some very pertinent observations, thoughtfully.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
If you're a world cup fan concerned about the change from Red Bull to Discovery then this is very insightful from Bernard, a true insiders view of what 2023 looks like. Spoiler: He doesn't know & that's a problem.

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
If you're a world cup fan concerned about the change from Red Bull to Discovery then this is very insightful from Bernard, a true insiders view of what 2023 looks like. Spoiler: He doesn't know & that's a problem.

Just watched it and like you say, as the team manager for pivot he is completely in the dark as to what is going on, that’s crazy and shocking tbf.

As BK said he can’t discuss sponsorship etc as he doesn’t know what he can say is on offer to them…. Really concerning for the sport.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I’ve just read that UCI are partnering with the BBC for an 11 day World Cup festival in Scotland next year covering all disciplines of cycling, including the downhill from Fort William

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
They're certainly dragging their feet across the whole thing from an onlookers perspective. Considering the deal was done in February, Discovery had eight months to stay out of Red Bull's way while they fulfilled the season & put the thing together in the background.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Red Bull rampage on Friday. Weird one for me, can't fault the bravery & there have been bad crashes over the years but it leaves me a bit cold as a spectacle, don't really know why. Still bikes though eh?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Red Bull rampage on Friday. Weird one for me, can't fault the bravery & there have been bad crashes over the years but it leaves me a bit cold as a spectacle, don't really know why. Still bikes though eh?

It’s not one I tend to watch as I can’t really relate to it. We can kind of relate to downhill, as the trails are similar to what we ride, although I certainly don’t bomb down them at 45mph! However Rampage and ‘freestyle’ are a million miles beyond my capabilities and aspirations

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
First stirrings from the UCI for next season. Main change ls there will be semi finals whittling the elite mens field from 60 to 30, womens from 15 to 10 with the final brodcast in full. I can see how this is being done to ramp the finals spectacle but seems to me to be an efficient mechanism for throttling emerging talent. If this were in place last year, would we have seen Andi Kolb or Ronan Dunne come through?

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
I think the GCN+ price is fair and as it's available monthly , 5 months from June to October will cover the DH season. (y)
The only question left is who's on the commentary team? I'm from the "nobody could replace Warner" camp , so there's nothing to look forward to. 😅

EDIT: My comment on the cost of a monthly sub was based on the UK price of 3.99 GBP.
Afetr installing the GCN+ app , the price for Australians is $15.99 AUD or 9 GBP
Bend over Australia !

Last edited:

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
1674470034681.png

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
GMBN announced it on Friday on the dirt shed show. Fair to say the comments are full of pelters & I've never seen them reply so much to people. They've presented it as some form of altruistic enhancement to the content they grind out & they need the money to do that.

Righto, now we can make TWO videos a week about how to manual.🙄

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I think the GCN+ price is fair and as it's available monthly , 5 months from June to October will cover the DH season. (y)
The only question left is who's on the commentary team? I'm from the "nobody could replace Warner" camp , so there's nothing to look forward to. 😅

EDIT: My comment on the cost of a monthly sub was based on the UK price of 3.99 GBP.
Afetr installing the GCN+ app , the price for Australians is $15.99 AUD or 9 GBP
Bend over Australia !
If you purchase correctly and use a bit of nous you can actually get it for less time and cover all the races in a monthly format, this is what I plan to do:

Purchase a monthly GCN+ prior to racing on 11th June, this should cover the first 3 rounds. Cancel the sub and purchase another by 4th August for World champs. This should cover the next 3 rounds. Then purchase the final monthly pass by 17th September and that will see out the final 3 rounds.
  • June 9/11 – Lenzerheide
  • June 15/18 – Leogang
  • 30 June / 2 July – Val di Sole
  • August 4-5: UCI Mountain Bike World Championships – Fort William, Scotland (DH)
  • August 23/27 – Pal Arinsal
  • 1/3 September – Loudenvielle
  • 7/17 September – Les Gets, Chatel, Morzine
  • September 28 / October 1 – Snowshoe
  • 6/8 October – Monte-Sainte-Anne
Total price of 3 months in NZ is $38.97 NZD

A0D18861-3B7E-4F32-ABA3-6E795FC2CEAA.png

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
If you purchase correctly and use a bit of nous you can actually get it for less time and cover all the races in a monthly format, this is what I plan to do:

Purchase a monthly GCN+ prior to racing on 11th June, this should cover the first 3 rounds. Cancel the sub and purchase another by 4th August for World champs. This should cover the next 3 rounds. Then purchase the final monthly pass by 17th September and that will see out the final 3 rounds.
  • June 9/11 – Lenzerheide
  • June 15/18 – Leogang
  • 30 June / 2 July – Val di Sole
  • August 4-5: UCI Mountain Bike World Championships – Fort William, Scotland (DH)
  • August 23/27 – Pal Arinsal
  • 1/3 September – Loudenvielle
  • 7/17 September – Les Gets, Chatel, Morzine
  • September 28 / October 1 – Snowshoe
  • 6/8 October – Monte-Sainte-Anne
Total price of 3 months in NZ is $38.97 NZD

View attachment 105060
I like your thinking. .... but
At $16 AUD per month , thats $48 AUD versus a yearly subscription for $65AUD and I can watch the enduro rounds as well. Might as well get the yearly.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles