DH World Cup thread

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I would happily pay to watch DH if the price was reasonable, you got to see full race runs, and the production good - it’s one of my favourite things to watch and if the money goes into improving the circus then fine.

I am not fussed about Warner - funny as he can be I actually prefer Elliot Jackson’s input right now, and if Discovery put him on coms and bring in some other respected voices we will be ok.

Agree with the two points above, Warner is okay... Jackson is miles better than Tracey Hannah. Jackson would have to be on discovery's radar...

Great race though, bring on MSA and the final two rounds. Really hope Reece Wilson & Tahnee Seagrave are back soon.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Hope everyone pulls Camille from their fantasy teams she broke her collarbone at practice today. Mont St Anne track looks sick though and Bernard Kerr fastest at timed training (y)

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Jackson & Jordan practically swap places between timed praccy & qualifying. Would like to see Aimi Kenyon get on the podium, not much attention gets paid to the juniors but she's doing good for a debut season.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
WOW.

Before the race, I was thinking wouldn't it be thrilling if Pierron binned it, got back up & finished 24th.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Laurie looked unassailable but never underestimate a Canadian in form, at home racing for chainsaw.

johnc

Oct 13, 2018
Scotland/East Midlands
Hi anybody know how we can see the 2022 UCI Mountain Bike World Championships in Les Gets. Can’t find it on Red Bull in the UK.

Last edited:

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Last year the BBC showed it. This year, no idea. Might be live streamed on Youtube.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
What a race!! Downhill has to be one of the best sports in the world, watching that final 20 riders was insane. So happy for Finn to do it at home and for Stevie.

The final round in Val Di Sole is going to be an insane finish.

Hi anybody know how we can see the 2022 UCI Mountain Bike World Championships in Les Gets. Can’t find it on Red Bull in the UK.

Last year someone on pinkbike posted a working link to the UCI website that had a working stream of the redbull coverage. I'll be looking for it again for Les Gets. If I find it I will post in here.. (it was non geo blocked)

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Also while I remember for those that watched to the end of the red bull coverage Eliott Jackson stated that that was his last time commentating for Red Bull. Odds on I'd say he has signed a contract to commentate for discovery next year

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Another thing I missed, Jackson Goldstone would have come third in the elite yesterday.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
On a more patriotic note, Jordan Williams would have pushed Bernard into 6th too. The juniors are undeniably killing it.

skinipenem

Apr 9, 2022
skinipenem
Do the tracks change significantly from when the juniors race to the time the elites race? We may not be comparing apples to apples.

To clarify, I am talking about track deterioration.

Edited for shifty grammar

Last edited:

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
The running order on race day is juniors, women, men. Over a race week, between track walk & race day, it will be ridden something like a couple of thousand times, so it's a cert that it will get blown out & filled with holes & braking bumps by the time race day comes around.

I remember Leogang a couple of years or so when it rained all week & by race day, the woods section was essentially like the Somme & claiming one rider after another.

Last edited:

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
Discovery have announced the DH line up for next year, only eight events below.

DH

9-11 June - Lenzerheide, Switzerland
15-18 June - Leogang, Austria
30 June-2 July - Val di Sole, Italy
August - World Champs, Fort William, Scotland
23-27 August - Vallnord, Andorra
1-3 September - TBC, France
7-17 September - TBC, France
28 September-1 October - Snowshoe USA
6-8 October - Mont-Sainte-Anne

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Photo du jour.

Untitled.png

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
The interesting thing for me, beyond the main event is the juniors. Arguably, both winners relied on their main competition binning it. Crashing is part & parcel but I wouldn't have predicted a Jenna Hastings win but would definitely have backed Jackson Goldstone.

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Bon chance Super Bruni! Vali Höll had a great race also.

RedBull restricted the US but some kind soul did a stream on YouTube. One more weekend and then into the post RedBull era.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The interesting thing for me, beyond the main event is the juniors. Arguably, both winners relied on their main competition binning it. Crashing is part & parcel but I wouldn't have predicted a Jenna Hastings win but would definitely have backed Jackson Goldstone.

bit harsh on Jordan who has been trading wins with Jackson all season. Both are amazing riders but one has the Redbull hype machine behind him which doesn’t half help.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles