DH World Cup thread

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I'd say having Peaty & Greg Minaar in your ear is a big advantage which shows how good Jordan is. Either way, Jackson's edged it recently, 75 points ahead in the overall. That's why I back him, it's not as if I've picked him out of thin air but when those two step up to elite, they will write the story of dh for years to come. I'm sure of it.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Season finale then. Amuary has to die on course to not take it. He needs just one point/ a top 60 finish to win the overall. The only other contender is Finn Iles & he can take it by a point only if he wins the race & Pierron fails to finish.

The womens is much more open, a three way race between Cami, Vali & Pompon. Cami doesn't look like she's fully healed from her shoulder injury, Nicole not quite on the pace recently & Vali is on fire right now, if she can keep it wheels down for four minutes, she has to be the favourite, notwithstanding the course being a brutal wildcard, one long rock garden - I'd want crampons, ropes & an ice axe to get down it.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

1662105569847.png

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Hollywood scenario: Finn wins by five seconds. Amaury tacos his front wheel on the penultimate jump out of the woods, picks up his bike, throws it over his shoulder & runs down to the finish line, comes 60th. The Marseillaise rings out across northern Italy until 5am.

JP-NZ

Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Finn didn’t start qualy so won’t race at all. Congrats to Amuary what a season he has had. Going to be a bit emotional watching tonight the last ever red bull downhill and the last time listening to Rob :cry:

Vali looks on to take the woman’s but anything can happen on that course. Going to be some insane racing for sure!

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
The egg stands to end up on the UCI's face for letting Discovery in the door. But they are used to it and seem to be oblivious to the fact that most of their decisions are not popular and based on their monetary value.

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Did anyone see the footage of Bruni's get off during practice? It popped up on my Igram reels. Gnarly. I am not ashamed to say that I probably wouldn't survive track walk at the Black Snake and the idea of riding full gas down it is way beyond comprehension.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Gutted for Kerr, what does he need to do to get the W, so close.
The table never lies. He's just not at the pace of the top guys but then neither is nearly all the field. I feel if the season were starting now, with the form he's in, he'd be a serious contender for overall but facts are the French guys have killed it all season & Bernard's early results left him with a mountain to climb.

And then ride down again, obvs.

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
I say we chip in for Zimmerframe's hardline entry fee next year!

I am just glad that the queen got to see Warner's last call for RedBull btw. There might be a knighthood coming for the boy you never know, especially if he accepts in that bathing suit o_O

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Looks like they shortened the second huge gap after Bernard sacrificed himself on it.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Was that what it was? Must admit I wasn't paying full attention. I see he still seeded first though, what a guy!

Looks like Jess Blewitt pinged her shoulder again, George Brannigan & Flo Payet too. Not called hardline for nothing.

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
Was that what it was? Must admit I wasn't paying full attention. I see he still seeded first though, what a guy!

Looks like Jess Blewitt pinged her shoulder again, George Brannigan & Flo Payet too. Not called hardline for nothing.
Yeah a lot have picked up injuries, I drove past it today. Place was rammed, £63 for a car hopefully get a ticket for next year.

gonna go out on a limb for Grandad, marra Brayton 😏

B010EBCA-CCE3-425B-8922-F97101F646BD.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles