• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Derestricting Cannondale Moterra Neo 3

DannyCruise

Feb 5, 2024
Peeds
Hi Guys
Hoping someone can help.
I want to derestrict my Cannondale Moterra Neo 3.
Bought the right speed box for the motor spec, went to fit it and it has different connectors.
I've contacted the speed box who have contacted the manufacturer and they have both confirmed the SP Bosch gen4 3.0 tuning chip is not compatible.
I am wounded ... I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of the right tuning chip I need !!?
Thank you for your help.
DC

TheKiddGlen

May 29, 2024
Uk
Hi Guys
Hoping someone can help.
I want to derestrict my Cannondale Moterra Neo 3.
Bought the right speed box for the motor spec, went to fit it and it has different connectors.
I've contacted the speed box who have contacted the manufacturer and they have both confirmed the SP Bosch gen4 3.0 tuning chip is not compatible.
I am wounded ... I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of the right tuning chip I need !!?
Thank you for your help.
DC
I’ve just derestricted my Cannondale Moterra 3 with the volspeed chip and it’s very good.
The only downsides are that the speed display and data for the tracking will be out.
Very easy to install and use. Don’t need to wait for the bike to power down after, can simply turn off.
It is also compatible with the bosch connect module as well although that part doesn’t fit inside the motor guard where it’s meant to because Cannondale didn’t think of that add on so I had to bodge it in.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles