Dengfu E10 rear brake cable.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
I have a Dengfu E10 rear brake cable routing issue. What am I doing wrong?

Anyone care to post the correct cable route?
I take it thar your caliper is connected onto the brake hose (olive and crush washer installed). Usually most of us go from the base of the frame (where the motor sits), and route both the rear brake hose and gear outer cable.

A little hack (Tip No.1)
Brake hoses are pliable. Meaning that if you bend/kink them, they hold their shape. Kink the brake hose to 45° from straight. Then route from the base of the frame (where the motor sits). As you push the brake hose through the none-driveside chainstay, you'll find that you may need to wiggle/twist the hose to pass through the bode on the chainstay. Once pushed through, the kink you made on the brake hose should be fairly easy to grab. Obviously, remove the brake hose cable grommet as you're fishing out the brake hose.
FYI, The same process will also work for the gear outer cable.

Tip No.2
If you intend on routing the brake hose from the chainstay Grommet end through the frame, it would be easier to use an inner cable as your pulling guide. Using the above hack, route an inner cable from the base of the frame through the chainstay. Then insert the inner cable onto the brake hose (like you would insert a gear cable through an outer cable. Brake hoses use thinner inner diameters compared to gear outer cables. So pushing a gear cable into a brake hose will be tight. Once you've inserted a good amount of the gear cable into the brake hose, guide the brake hose as you 'GENTLY' pull the inner cable. DONT JUST PULL THE GEAR CABLE. This process may take a little bit longer. Buy it is possible. But Tip No.1 is the best way (if you don't have a cable guide magnet tool)👍🏿

Lotus Emira

Jun 4, 2023
Rotterdam
Hi. I think I solved it. It is indeed fixed to my caliper and filled with oil from Shimanos factory.
What I did is insert my non installed front break line in reverse route. This went fine and taped it to my cable. I then proceeded to gently pull it through while pushing on the rear cable. It worked. Just the rear bottom stay seal is a nightmare, but I will manage.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Hi. I think I solved it. It is indeed fixed to my caliper and filled with oil from Shimanos factory.
What I did is insert my non installed front break line in reverse route. This went fine and taped it to my cable. I then proceeded to gently pull it through while pushing on the rear cable. It worked. Just the rear bottom stay seal is a nightmare, but I will manage.
I know what you mean😄. I've built up so many, it's second nature to me now.
Just take your time, don't rush and you'll get it done.
Any other problems or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out👍🏿

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles