Dengfu e10 rear suspension mod

VardyR

Feb 4, 2022
New Zealand

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
i have an milling machine. i think you can with lime, with grinder difficult to have flat surface and and you risk to impact unexpected place

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
@thaeber I have a few questions to ask, before I take my bike into be wrapped and have new suspension installed. Can you help? I read all your posts but a little lost at where to source the offset bushing, for my E10v2 and what headset I should use.

I am running 27.5" front and rear on medium frame and just purchased a Fox Factory 38 170mm Fork, was planning to match it up with the 216x62.5(8.5"x2.5") Fox Float X2 so I can run 170/170 Or close to that. I know I need a 2mm offset bushing and 4mm of the Yoke, where do I purchase the offset bushing, and to keep my geometry similar to what I had with 160mm Yari 44mm offset, would the Cane Creek Hell Bend 70 headset be ok, or do you have a specific headset you recommend using. I've read all these forums like 20 times and am still lost, I don't know much so I am trying to ensure I get this right on the first try.

Can you provide the link to offset bushing, and a recommendation on the headset I should use for installation of Fork?

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
OK, I keep reading conflicting posts about the 216x63 rear shock mod. I know I need to shave the Yoke, but do I need two offset bushings or only 1 offset bushing at the frame and one regular bushing at the yoke?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
OK, I keep reading conflicting posts about the 216x63 rear shock mod. I know I need to shave the Yoke, but do I need two offset bushings or only 1 offset bushing at the frame and one regular bushing at the yoke?
i use standard bushing with the 216x63 and with yoke machining.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Ok that's different than I've read from everyone else. How much did you shave off the yoke 6mm?
No, a lot off less. i don't remember (done several years ago), i think 2mm and i think that only upper part is really necessary. Measure it. An recomendation, don't trust all you see on forums, check yourself ;) .

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
So for 216x63 do you get both the frame Bushing and the yoke Bushing as offset or are you running only 1 Offset Bushing at the frame and regular at the Yoke? I don't want to overpay and order a pair of offset bushings and a set of Bushings in regular.
My apologies if i'm not any fluent so that you understood that i would mean. I don't use any offset bushing.

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
No, a lot off less. i don't remember (done several years ago), i think 2mm and i think that only upper part is really necessary. Measure it. An recomendation, don't trust all you see on forums, check yourself ;) .
Would you recommend buying two DU BUSHES from Offset as well? or stick with the stock factory bushings that come with the FOX FACTORY FLoat X2?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Would you recommend buying two DU BUSHES from Offset as well? or stick with the stock factory bushings that come with the FOX FACTORY FLoat X2?
I don't know what is delivered with the X2 (bad return regarding reliability for the X2 no ?). i doubt because i remember they haven't the same length for the 2 . i use custom coil shock with bearings bushing (FOX) with spacers to the frame side and DIY bushing on yoke side

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
I am having a bike shop do everything but the milling. Which will be done at a machine shop so, I am trying to make sure I don't make any mistakes. I am not an Engineer, or mechanically inclined. I work in Economics, and my hobbies are ancient history, destination travel, and theology. I am used to riding only motorcycles, but I nearly died last year do to a systemic infection gone septic, and I sold my Motorcycle. Luckily about a month or two from Death they figured it out and found the systemic infection. I'll be buying a new motorcycle soon, but after buying the EMTB to replace my Z1000. I fell in love with the sport, especially the tranquility I get riding through the woods, or on a trail in a state park. Just me nature and the bike, so similar to motorcycles in that sense. Only I don't have to worry about cars cutting me off riding enduro, flow trails lol

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
I don't know what is delivered with the X2 (bad return regarding reliability for the X2 no ?). i doubt because i remember they haven't the same length for the 2 . i use custom coil shock with bearings bushing (FOX) with spacers to the frame side and DIY bushing on yoke side
Oh, you heard of failures with the X2? I haven't I was going to buy the DHX2 but I honestly hate the color Orange, which was my main deterrent. Oh I've read from everyone to use offset bushings on the frame side and regular bushings on the yoke side starting to wonder if I should just order a pair of both offset and standard bushings until I setup my Rear shock.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I am having a bike shop do everything but the milling. Which will be done at a machine shop so, I am trying to make sure I don't make any mistakes. I am not an Engineer, or mechanically inclined. I work in Economics, and my hobbies are ancient history, destination travel, and theology. I am used to riding only motorcycles, but I nearly died last year do to a systemic infection gone septic, and I sold my Motorcycle. Luckily about a month or two from Death they figured it out and found the systemic infection. I'll be buying a new motorcycle soon, but after buying the EMTB to replace my Z1000. I fell in love with the sport, especially the tranquility I get riding through the woods, or on a trail in a state park. Just me nature and the bike, so similar to motorcycles in that sense. Only I don't have to worry about cars cutting me off riding enduro, flow trails lol
You know, I think that purchased an DIY bike to perform handling by other could be cost a lot off more than purchase an complete branded bike. Don't request machining 6mm on the yoke, that will be fragilise it i think (too close from the fixing hole)

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
You know, I think that purchased an DIY bike to perform handling by other could be cost a lot off more than purchase an complete branded bike. Don't request machining 6mm on the yoke, that will be fragilise it i think (too close from the fixing hole)
So I am ordering my Bushings from Offset Bushings. Ordering the Offset Bushing for the frame side and the stock size bushing for the yoke side. Hopefully, that is the right choice. Seems like what I read most people are doing. I was going to do a pair of offsets to gain 4mm and then shave 3mm off Yoke to give me that extra clearance. I am not doing any drops bigger than 4 feet, but I am riding very very rocky terrain. There are almost no bike paths in NJ. So I am basically either cutting my path or having to ride Hiking trails.

I've been lucky My Fox Float X2, and Fox Factory 38 170mm were both on closeout I got the Fork for $399.00 and the Float X2 for $329.00 Both are brand new from Jenson. Even picked up a new I9 IRIX headset because my bike has a cheap no-name garbage headset, was going to buy the Cane Creek HellBend, and if I don't like how the 19irix 15mm Cap fits or looks with leaving my stock z44/z56 headset in I will just ship it back to Jenson and order the Cane Creek 70Hell. Mainly take the bike to the shop to make sure the Fork is set up properly and the rear shock I will do myself. Also, have shop wrap my bike in Clear wrap as I love my paint job and don't want it ruined. I wish Ride Wraps made one for the Dengfu e10v2, but they don't so I have to take it to the professionals. My last step is to get a set of ONYX Boost Hubs in Illusion Purple from Prismatic Paints, with Gold lettering. My Bike is all Purple and gold Accents except for the Bars and grips which are Red. I may go with RED Decal stickers as well. Kash also makes sense. I chose to go with the PURPLE IRIX Headset and tbh If I could change back to RED I would. But I got 50 50-dollar gift card to Jenson after ordering Shocks, plus $20 off the headset, so I figured. I'd match the Headset to the eventual new Onyx Hubs I plan to pair with RaceFace ARC 35 Offset and CushCore insert tubeless setup. After I get wheels on there I can swap over to my GX cassette and XO Derailleur and Shifter I got for free after winning $500 gift card to Backcountry/Competitive Cyclist. Which will finish out my build. I almost bought the new E82 frame then I saw the wiring all going through the headset and I decided not to do that, Seems like a huge pain in the butt, and would limit headset options. Also Noticed the E82 isn't exactly E10 V3, it's got some different measurements. If I bought a new Frame probably buy the Markhor Frame on Aliexpress, transfer all my parts over to that frame, buy a New 230x60 rear shock, go to the M560 motor, and a 1008wh 21amphr 52volt battery. Put all my old parts back on my E10, Which would allow my friends who can't afford an ebike to finally ride with me. EMTB, or even MTB is not very popular in New Jersey, so I am always riding alone or I have my 120lb Cane Corso with me. Especially if I am just cutting a trail through the woods. I love to ride near the rivers and in state parks. Something about being in Nature soothes me.

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
Wait So If I run an offset bushing it should be on the frame side right not the Yoke? I can't return the bushings and don't want to throw away $50 bucks. Is this the right order

Screenshot (563).png

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
Oh, you heard of failures with the X2? I haven't I was going to buy the DHX2 but I honestly hate the color Orange, which was my main deterrent. Oh I've read from everyone to use offset bushings on the frame side and regular bushings on the yoke side starting to wonder if I should just order a pair of both offset and standard bushings until I setup my Rear shock.
So offset Bushings Shorten the eye to eye length I thought they lengthened eye to eye length Now wonder I was so confused.
for 216x63 - both
DO you run 2 offset bushings for your 216x63 and if you do, how does that expand eye to eye. do you just put the thin side of the bushing towards the downtube of frame and in Yoke towards the seat tube? How do offset allow you more space I thought they only shortened Eye to eye?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Oh I did misunderstand. You are the only person I know not running offset bushings on 216x63 setup
may be it's because other use the same wheel size on both side ? personally i use 27.5 rear and 29 front and i use 216 mostly to compensate diameter difference and keep expected angles and BB height, i don't need to correcting with offset bushings

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles