Dengfu E10 Suspension/Wheel Options

Snotgobbler

Aug 13, 2022
Surrey
I'm still painting my frame (friggin labouring this is with sanding and coating, then sanding and coating etc ๐Ÿ˜…).
I'll spread the word once I've made significant progress and take pics ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ
Nice.

I'm still waiting for everything, but that hasn't stopped me art directing it crudely on Photoshop...

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 09.51.47.png

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Nice.

I'm still waiting for everything, but that hasn't stopped me art directing it crudely on Photoshop...

View attachment 94997
That setup looks decent๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ
DVO Topaz and Suntour Durolux fork is a good combo (hell, I run the same fork now on my Levo HT in 160mm travel).

Not to mention, both DVO and Suntour suspension products are fairly easy to service for any home mechanic.

Snotgobbler

Aug 13, 2022
Surrey
That setup looks decent๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ
DVO Topaz and Suntour Durolux fork is a good combo (hell, I run the same fork now on my Levo HT in 160mm travel).

Not to mention, both DVO and Suntour suspension products are fairly easy to service for any home mechanic.
Nah, I'll probably stick Fox front and rear on it.

The bike I found online with a light colour to Photoshop just happened to have a Suntour on it.

Gotta get that gold popping...

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Hello ebikers.

K1 eBikes has designed small, portable and simple K1 CAN Monitor & Speed Unlocker - no need computer or mess with BESST. Works ONLY with Bafang motors with CAN bus (green connector to display with "house" shape 5 pin connector).

For more info check the following link:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31...

How to unlock speed:
https://youtu.be/6z3TzEqNWsQ

If you interested, send an email to [email protected], will answer any questions and will send user manual.
K1 CAN Monitor is determined for testing purpose only and is not waterproof.

CANMon2.JPG

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
About the modification done on yoke to use 215x60:

original yoke width is 26.4mm. i have reduced mine to 22.5.

I have mounted 215x60, after: 1) calculation 2) test. I say "on my frame it is working". May be 216x63 also, but I don't guarantee it whitout testing. This frame is not a "piece of wood", i find it permissive and may be it have some flexibilty. It is the raison why i prefer to keeep safety margin of 5mm rather less. In any case i do not recommand to use 200x57 (may be it is these people who speak about broken frame ?)
View attachment 51156
How do u Feel about running a 205X62.5 Trunnion Rock Shox Rear shock on an E10? I know the Dengfu E10 can run several different setups. I want to get the max Travel for my 54lb eBike without bottoming out. I think the 2023 Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate is my next Rear Shock|( I think it's the right answer for me but I have a lot to learn). Currently running stock LUNA suspension I run Rock Shox Select+ rear shock 210x55 which gives me 160mm travel in the rear. But yours is longer in the eye to eye and 60mm stroke but only 150mm rear travel? I don't understand how u have +5mm rear stroke on your rear shock, but less travel than me who runs 210x55mm on my E10. I run 160mm Yari upfront rebuilding to 170mm or 180mm Lyrik internals RCT2.1. But when it comes to my Rear shock, I want the best, I want something designed to take the extra weight for the frame. I only weigh 150-155lbs depending on the day. My current setup of 160/160 travel front and rear. These stock shocks of X2 are fine on gravel, road, & flat trails. But the single track, dirt, downhill it can't handle the hits it's not heavy-duty enough. Just Doesn't have the durability, & tends to come really close to bottoming out. So for now that was my plan. I wanted to ask what is your front fork, & rear shock travel and why you went with that? Sorry I'm kind of a newb, trying to learn.

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
Bigger fork offset reduces the fork trail for more direct handling. If you go with a slacker steering angle, it may be benfical to use a fork with more offset for sharper handling.
So what Offset would you run for trail, enduro & Down Hill Bike? I am trying to build a do it all bike using the E10 Dengfu Frame. I have a 44offset, recently looked at another bike with a 51 Offset. Which would perform better in the downhill running 27.5-inch rims?

Last edited:

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
Hi guys a few months ago i ordered a dengfu e10 large + 600motor+ 800w batt wanted to order a rockshock 160 mm 29 fork and 150mm rockshock shock on a 29 wheel front and 27 rear but i dont know what shock (size) i need to order and do i need to order shock bushings seperatly?? Im a little confused hope you guys can help me im 53y/180 cm / 100kg wont be jumping extreme;)

View attachment 51159
210x55 I usually what is used on E10frames, wouldn't recommend Yari front fork. Lyrik or better quality my E10 weighs 54lbs.

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
Nobody share his thinking regarding fork offset???

Mine is 44 Offset. If that helps Dengfu E-10 frame. I'd go with lyrik or better. If I had money New Rock Shox 2023 ButterCup Zeb fork, & Deluxe Ultimate 2023 210x55 Rear shock. If I was rich. Planing to put a new 2023 Rear shock on mine this winter, & upgrade to Lyrik RCT2.1 Damper build.

20220910_142512.jpg

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
Hi guys a few months ago i ordered a dengfu e10 large + 600motor+ 800w batt wanted to order a rockshock 160 mm 29 fork and 150mm rockshock shock on a 29 wheel front and 27 rear but i dont know what shock (size) i need to order and do i need to order shock bushings seperatly?? Im a little confused hope you guys can help me im 53y/180 cm / 100kg wont be jumping extreme;)

View attachment 51159
Lyrik 160mm fork up front, use the 2022 Model to save money. & Deluxe+ Rockshox Rear shock should help sizes e-10 frame accept safely 200x50/57mm, 210x47.5/50/55mm I know Dengfu recommends a 210x55mm, but The cheapest I'd go is the Deluxe select + older rear shock. If riding gravel & flat trail only. no jumping or drops. You can go down in quality & still be comfy. I know the lowest MTB RockShox levels Yari 160mm fork, & Select+ rear shock are WAY too soft & I weigh 150lbs. But I jump some Hope I helped some, I run 27,5x2.8" tires and I do it all with my bike. But I have lots of upgrades to complete before next season.

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
About the modification done on yoke to use 215x60:

original yoke width is 26.4mm. i have reduced mine to 22.5.

I have mounted 215x60, after: 1) calculation 2) test. I say "on my frame it is working". May be 216x63 also, but I don't guarantee it whitout testing. This frame is not a "piece of wood", i find it permissive and may be it have some flexibilty. It is the raison why i prefer to keeep safety margin of 5mm rather less. In any case i do not recommand to use 200x57 (may be it is these people who speak about broken frame ?)
View attachment 51156
So have you ridden any hard DH or ENDURO courses with the 215x60 Rear shock & do you sell the YOKE conversion kit to extend the rear suspension? I am running 210x55mm and currently plan to go up to 170mm Zeb Ultimate front fork & stay with 27.5" Boost front and rear. On My Medium E10 frame could I still increase my suspension travel in the rear to 160 by going 215x60? Have you had any issues with it colliding with the rear seat post? I definitely interested in squeezing every bit of travel out of the rear that I can safely. Would love to hear your reply. Currently running 160mm Yari Upfront.

Thanks,

IMG_0476.jpg

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
Nobody share his thinking regarding fork offset???
I like 44mm, if I wanted 51mm & was going to go with Bafang driven bike I'd just buy the FLX WeaponX very high spec'ed bike for the $5K they want. Plus WeaponX has the newest 3.1lb 1000Watt Bafang engine. Makes me wish I had waited for it, & just swapped my front fork and headtube angle back to a 44 offset. But I was 6ft tall, but I shattered my back & blew out disks so I am now 5'10" with LONG legs, Super long arms but a short torso LOL. So Making the Medium Dengfu E-10V2 Fit me has been problematic, while the large was too big. My RAD says I have the right size bike, but my REACH measurement is Super long for the medium frame Reach specs. I think my reach is 447mm. So I prob should have gone with a LARGE frame. Not really sure at this point. Have been trying to decide whether to mess with geometry some more, or just buy a new Frame, or even a new bike altogether. It has been a pain. I love the frame, but my body measurements are so weird, sizing into a proper Long travel ENDURO has been a pain. I prob should have bought the Whyte 180/180 Large which fit me well. Hard to test-ride many EMTBs where I live, as very few MTB shops none the less EMTB shops with options is nearly impossible to find. It is a 2hr drive to the nearest TRAIL, DH-type riding area in Poconos, PA. I never expected to love ENDURO riding as much as I did, none the less riding Mild DH/SingleTrack(BLUE LEVEL as I am a newb to MTB/EMTB) I bought my EMTB when I got too sick to ride my Z1000. I should have been pickier when buying my e-bike, but I wasn't educated enough. Live and learn I guess.

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
Big wheel qustion.
i want to run with mullet setup. and I have a set of Roval 29 from my former levo expert. so what would you do?

buy a Roval rims in 27.5 and rebuild my rear wheels?

buy two new DT Swiss XT 531 rims and rebuild both my wheels?

Or buy two new Dt Swiss E1900 wheels?

View attachment 51554

View attachment 51555

View attachment 51556
Nice I'd buy RaceFace ARC35 Offeset rims, or DT SWISS XM 521 or FR541. But I like my tire sizes to be able to fit the Cushcore + insert and I ride 27.5x 2.8" front and back, considering going to a 2.6" in the rear though. Never ridden an MX bike so I don't know much about that. Except the front is 29" rim and the rear 27.5". I do know my Online friends in BC I turn to a lot for performance part questions like to run 2.4-2.6" tires no matter if 27.5" or 29" but they all seem to run 0.2" smaller width in the rear.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
So have you ridden any hard DH or ENDURO courses with the 215x60 Rear shock & do you sell the YOKE conversion kit to extend the rear suspension? I am running 210x55mm and currently plan to go up to 170mm Zeb Ultimate front fork & stay with 27.5" Boost front and rear. On My Medium E10 frame could I still increase my suspension travel in the rear to 160 by going 215x60? Have you had any issues with it colliding with the rear seat post? I definitely interested in squeezing every bit of travel out of the rear that I can safely. Would love to hear your reply. Currently running 160mm Yari Upfront.

Thanks,

View attachment 111998
Hi, I share my experiency and explain my modifications only when they are validate. It's the raison why i precise it's for XL frame (mine) and my kind of use (high mountain), for other size or bike park use, confirmation by other users needed. I don't sale these modifications. Honestly you don't need to pay for reduce width of the link, a few sweat is enough. i have performed that mostly to use 27.5 rear and 29 front and keep original angle, i have tried 170 front with 216 rear and i find that provide an "serious" top bike, very tolerant and safety. Now i have reduced to 160 front to provide bike more funny (not great differncy). Good luck for your project

Sixdays

Nov 22, 2020
MAN
IMG_8926.jpeg

Can some help me with a rear shock selection for E10. I got this by accident but it seems like it doesnโ€™t fit due to vertical/horizontal alignment ๐Ÿ™ƒ

El Topo

Jul 23, 2022
Germany, Bavaria
The bushings from Offset only have 2 mm offset using 8 mm bolt diameter at the E10 frame. 3 mm offset is only available for bushings with 6 mm bolt diameter. Be careful if You use 2 mm offset bushings on both sides. The reduced shock length of 216 - 4 = 212 mm will result in a fully compressed length of 212 - 63 = 149 mm only. The rear triangle may crash into the seattube in case of a hard impact landing. I measured it, I tested it with no air in the shock. I decided not to take the risk, used only 1 offset bushing, and reworked the yoke accordingly.
Just so I am getting this right, can I use offset bushing(-s) with a 210x55mm (coil) shock, or would that (likely) make the rear triangle hit the seat-tube?

210mm-0mm-55mm = 155mm (official spec)
210mm-2mm-55mm = 153mm (seems safe?)
210mm-4mm-55mm = 151mm (still safe?)

TIA!

Last edited:

El Topo

Jul 23, 2022
Germany, Bavaria
Anyone know if the E10 can be fitted with 27.5x4 or 26x4 fat tires?
This has been talked about in other threads already, but you can use the (wider/fat) E23 rear triangle, with the E10 front triangle, for up to 4.8", perhaps even 5" tires. 27.5x4.5" should also fit.

This is not officially greenlit by Dengfu, but there is someone that already did it on Facebook, apparently with success.

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
I tried a 216/63 RS Vivid Air, 35% SAG at 175 PSI. 94kg ready to ride!
I am running 27.5 front and rear and just purchased a Fox Factory 38 170mm Fork, was planning to match it up with the 216x62.5(8.5"x2.5") Fox Float X2 so I can run 170/170 Or get close. I know I need a 2mm offset bushing and 4mm of the Yoke, where do I purchase the offset bushing, and to keep my geometry similar to what I had with 160mm Yari 44mm offset, would the Cane Creek Hell Bend 70 headset be ok, or do you have a specific headset you recommend using. I've read all these forums like 20 times and am still lost, I don't know much so I am trying to ensure I get this right on the first try.

Can you provide link to offset bushing, and a recommendation on the headset I should use?

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
when mounting the 216x63mm shock I have read a few different Answers for the Bushings. Do I need two OFFSET bushings plus take 4mm off of the Yoke, or do I need 1 offset bushing at the frame and 1 Standard Bushing at the Yoke?

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
I would go for a Zeb and a Vivid R2C Coil - would like to know, if the 216 x 63 would fit. That would squeeze some more travel out of the frame. To compensate the effect on the rear, I would combine it with a mullet setup, Zeb 29โ€œ on the front at 170 mm travel. The bigger dia of the front wheel would compensate the longer rear shock, angels remain at same level, only the BB would be appr. 15 mm higher. Ride more plush with more Sag. What do You think?
@thaeber Which side did you buy the offset bushing for to Run your 216x63mm?

PerseverantOne

Aug 31, 2022
United States
The bushings from Offset only have 2 mm offset using 8 mm bolt diameter at the E10 frame. 3 mm offset is only available for bushings with 6 mm bolt diameter. Be careful if You use 2 mm offset bushings on both sides. The reduced shock length of 216 - 4 = 212 mm will result in a fully compressed length of 212 - 63 = 149 mm only. The rear triangle may crash into the seattube in case of a hard impact landing. I measured it, I tested it with no air in the shock. I decided not to take the risk, used only 1 offset bushing, and reworked the yoke accordingly.
Which side did you put the offset bushing on?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles