Crestline Bikes

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
I ordered a 2024 Boxxer, will be here tomorrow so will give it a go.

Also got a Vivid / Ohlins Coil just tuned by J-Tech / DHX2 tuned by Fox for testing.

I really liked the Ohlins DH38 on the Haibike NDURO 8 that I have in for test, although thats only 180mm, so if I have time i'll get that changed to 200mm to test aswell.

Crestline really is the perfect test bench for this kit!
Sweeeeeet, plenty of toys to play with there. I really look forward to hearing your views on all of these things!
What offset did you go for in the end?
Are you tempted to fit the DH38 @ 200mm to the Crestline and compare new Boxxer vs DH38?

Last edited:

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen

Also got a Vivid / Ohlins Coil just tuned by J-Tech / DHX2 tuned by Fox for testing.

I really liked the Ohlins DH38 on the Haibike NDURO 8 that I have in for test, although thats only 180mm, so if I have time i'll get that changed to 200mm to test aswell.

If you have time try the DH38 at 180, Before changing to 200, Be Nice to hear feedback re front height too, Especially if your staying mullet.

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
Good to know thanks - will definitely keep an eye on it then. I noticed @Lightme has one on his bike. Any clearance issues you've noticed so far?
Nope, I was worried about this but it fits well with plenty to spare - see the clip. I am on full 29 however, not sure if this would make a difference, though it shouldn’t.

Attachments

• b33e4c97-7eaa-4548-9c62-e0798d152a19.mov
    1.9 MB
Last edited:

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney

Keen to know how the '24 Boxxer goes! I had a 2021 Boxxer just sitting around so I thought I my as well see what it's like. If I like it, I'll upgrade to the latest version.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada

Interested in hearing your thoughts on the Vivid Rob, I have one on order for my Voima.

Back ordered till May though.

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Shiny.

IMG_2093.jpeg

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
Might be freezing but the trails are riding perfectly. Even some dust around! I tried 500Wh Vs 750Wh battery. 1kg lighter but it's barely noticeable. Perhaps should have got 2x750Wh.
IMG_20240119_130156.jpg

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
I would have thought the 3lbs of weight difference between the 750 vs 500wh battery would have been fairly noticeable.
Yeah, I thought I'd notice the difference. I think part of the problem is the battery spacer is at the bottom (so that it doesn't need a male and female socket + wires passing through), which means the 1kg saved is at the BB. If the kg saved was at the head tube end maybe it would help 🤷‍♂️

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I would have thought the 3lbs of weight difference between the 750 vs 500wh battery would have been fairly noticeable.
I'm a weight weenie, but cant notice the difference bewteen full drink bottle nearly 1 kg and no drink bottle.

On a 25kg bike its 4% change. So i guess the % change is minimal.

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
i would have thought a few psi, or turns of preload on a coil would negate 3lbs. But the lower you can get all the weight the better, it's why ebikes handle so well. Just wish all my weight was in my ankle's...
Must be a nightmare for all the big head's....

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I'm a weight weenie, but cant notice the difference bewteen full drink bottle nearly 1 kg and no drink bottle.

On a 25kg bike its 4% change. So i guess the % change is minimal.

I think I can safely get my K1 Voima down to 23-23.5kg with some part swaps. That includes some new carbon wheels I'm building up using DT Swiss 240 hubs with Berd spokes. Going to switch from DH casings to double down. and a few other things like that. And that weight is with using the 750wh battery.

I know people say why worry about the weight, but I work in the industry so it doesn't cost me that much and it's fun to me.

Jhagst

Dec 31, 2021
California Bay Area
I had the Ohlins DH38 @200mm on mine for a while, I couldn’t get it to work for my conditions. It was super harsh no matter what I did. I ended up putting the RFX38 m.2 back on and love it. I think if I would have had the DH38 revalved to the RFX specs it would have been great, but I’m not that patient.

I’m interested in hearing how the new boxer feels.

Robstyle

Nov 17, 2021
New Zealand
I had the Ohlins DH38 @200mm on mine for a while, I couldn’t get it to work for my conditions. It was super harsh no matter what I did. I ended up putting the RFX38 m.2 back on and love it. I think if I would have had the DH38 revalved to the RFX specs it would have been great, but I’m not that patient.

I’m interested in hearing how the new boxer feels.
It's a pity you're not close to NZ I'd gladly take it off your hands 😅
One come up on marketplace close to me, I was too slow 🤦‍♂️

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
Few laps. Back to full 29, Vivid and Boxxer.

I’ll get some more time and give some feedback but felt pretty damn sweet on the first runs.

Original geo pretty much. Love the adjustability on the Boxxer / dual crowns, with scope to change axle to crown etc.

View attachment 132805
So even at 200mm travel you can keep original height, So send the forks up through the clamps just like a motorbike then, Thats another scope of adjustability, front and rear ride height adjustments.. Easily adjust for different terrain, days out, lower for trails, higher for DH.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
So even at 200mm travel you can keep original height, So send the forks up through the clamps just like a motorbike then, Thats another scope of adjustability, front and rear ride height adjustments.. Easily adjust for different terrain, days out, lower for trails, higher for DH.
Essentially yes. Although there’s limits to how far you can adjust but it’s great to be able to change the crown height by sliding the forks up/down the clamps.

I’m going to Finale Ligure in a few weeks so will likely keep it in this config for a proper test over 4 days.

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
Essentially yes. Although there’s limits to how far you can adjust but it’s great to be able to change the crown height by sliding the forks up/down the clamps.

I’m going to Finale Ligure in a few weeks so will likely keep it in this config for a proper test over 4 days.
Mint... Yes, Same as track racing, once we had preload, comp and rebound dialled we would leave it, Just lift or lower the front for different circuits. i'm trying a runt in my 38's atm, but like you say need few days to test really.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I think I can safely get my K1 Voima down to 23-23.5kg with some part swaps. That includes some new carbon wheels I'm building up using DT Swiss 240 hubs with Berd spokes. Going to switch from DH casings to double down. and a few other things like that. And that weight is with using the 750wh battery.

I know people say why worry about the weight, but I work in the industry so it doesn't cost me that much and it's fun to me.
If you then add the 500wh battery yourl be down to 22 kg and that is likely going to be in thr noticeable range.

I've already go carbon wheels, light cranks. But heavier link glide, cpild shock the carbon wheels aren't the lightest at 1850 gram but man you they take a hit ! So I'm around 25kg. I'd compromise performance too much if I weight weenies to 23.5kg

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
How are you finding the suspension @Rob Rides EMTB ? Not sure why, but I couldn’t get my Vivid feeling much good. Gone to a SDU coil to see how that goes. My Boxxers (previous gen) are feeling really good. Had to stuff it full of volume reducers, but feels great now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles