'Cheat' - best riposte?

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
A number of people have mentioned that they often get called out for 'cheating' - as they go quickly up the boring parts of trails! - and i'd be interested to hear of good ripostes to this.....

"I'm really fast downhill, so I might as well be uphill as well" might work, if you're actually any good.....

what others do people use?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Yelling "Milkfloat coming through!" usually preempts any shouts of "Cheat!" although our riding group will often shout it at other eBikers, just to get a rise.

HikerDave

Feb 9, 2019
Tempe
Cheating who? Would be my response.

Who are we supposed to be cheating anyway?

In my case I’m generally cheating old age and physical degradation. Today coming home from the day’s work I cheated a strong and gusty headwind. I haven’t been called a cheater but an eBike-curious mountain biker called my bike the soul crusher. I’m keeping the name.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
I prefer hand signals

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 9.03.34 PM.png

Well not really but it isn't anybodies business but my own what I ride..

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I´m usually enjoying the riding to pay atention to :poop: people . Just pay atention to people if they want to engage in a positive conversation .

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Here, E bike Acceptance is growing. More often these days people I pass ask if I have tow rope !

Here too. I got the "cheating" thing last weekend but it wasn't aggressive. It was almost "I wish I had one of those right now". We were half way up a 1km fire road slog. 95% of the time they are curious or want a go. Monday as I came up on a group they pulled over when one guy said "let the eBike through". We had a quick chat at the car park after and they were all thinking about one. It was just the cost that was holding them back.

Gordon

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles