Guy called me a cheat, so I rode slowly with him

Gofurtherfaster

Oct 10, 2018
The woods
and we got to talking and what a great fella!

Turns out he was among the very best DH riders at a younger age before breaking his neck.. horrific :/

But the point of this thread is just to say WOW... if you ever get a chance to ride with someone much faster and more skilful than yourself, take the chance!!

Its one thing seeing it on TV but when you drop into a trail and the guy in front is out of eye sight within about 15 seconds, its just awe inspiring really.. on the first run before he mentioned anything about his credentials, the speed at which he hit the first rollers and then launched into a rather stylish tailwhip left me in a fit of actual hysterics, I knew I had no chance at staying anywhere near him, but on the following runs he went far slower and gave me the chance to at least see what he was doing relatively closely.

Cant wait to learn more, what an awesome day of riding.

Gofurtherfaster

Oct 10, 2018
The woods
I can't actually remember his name, but I am going to meet up with him again next Monday hopefully so can provide a bit more info, his name is on the tip of my tongue... he was 41 and had a good beard, if that helps...

He got to 16th rank in the UK but I don't know in what category etc, obviously a very talented rider though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles