The "Cheat" Tally

Gofurtherfaster

Oct 10, 2018
The woods
How many times do you get called a cheat while riding?

I've been called it maybe 3 or 4 times ever but I'll start it from today.

I got called it by 3 people today, so I'm on 3.

Share your tally if you can :-D

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Never. But I generally speak to everyone I meet on the trails.

Have had plenty. "I want one"s shouted behind my back after I pass though.

Gofurtherfaster

Oct 10, 2018
The woods
Very different mentality over here, half of the chaps i try and talk to when im riding give me the strangest looks, don't respond to hello etc, bit frustrating really cos I see loads of other places with great emtb communities. I just hope in time it becomes a bit more normalised here, my city is always about 5-10 years behind the rest of the UK even :/

Gofurtherfaster

Oct 10, 2018
The woods
The last group of lads who called me out did also ask for a pull up the hill, I offered to ferry each of them up solo and they just laughed and we wished each other well, so its not everyone thats a rotter out here, dont want to rubbish my city too badly :-D

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
My tally is zero so far too, sorry :) But I don't tend to see many people when I'm on the trails.

Mostly I see other cyclists on the road when I'm heading to the trail and they're going the other way. I nod/wave hi and get the same number of greetings back whether I'm riding my road bike or emtb.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Took a levo out on a demo, didn't even pass some guys on a climb or trail, they were pulled over just chatting and one shouted as I passed "lazy cnut". Charming. I thought it was my mate in front otherwise I'd of turned around.

If I pass someone on a climb I get in before they do with "don't worry, I'm cheating"

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles