Changing 2021 to 2023 Rise - Freeshift

Grendel

Subscriber
Dec 20, 2021
Texas
I have a 2021 M10 Rise. I've thoroughly enjoyed it. So much so that I want a second ebike and am just ordering a 2023 M-Team because I can get it for 25% off. My intention is to usemy current bike as my backup bike, girlfriend bike for city rides, mountain bike rides with my grown daughters or a son-in-law on occasion, other friends, etc. I'll know in a few weeks but I'm curious how the ep801 compares to the ep800 and whether the XTdi2 freeshift feature is a gimmick or useful. Does anyone have experience with both motors and/or the di2 freeshift? If so, what are your thoughts?

Frankyspec

Dec 3, 2022
Belgium
Congrats on the sale 👍 I ordered January 2023 a m team custom with 15% and delivery November, finally. Also curious about the auto shift.

Grendel

Subscriber
Dec 20, 2021
Texas
They are saying about 3 weeks delivery on mine so hoping for late Oct/early Nov. I've loved my 2021 M10 so much that I want an extra Rise for friends/kids/girlfriend. Let me know how you like yours when it comes in and congrats back!

Grendel

Subscriber
Dec 20, 2021
Texas
Per the local bike shop, Orbea is now giving 20% off directly and he added another 5% on his end. You may want to check with your shop to see why you didin't get the 20% that is de rigeur from Orbea. They have a glut of 2023 bikes post-covid and the 2024s are coming out. My bike shop said they are trying to get rid of the 2023s. I've seen some info that shows 2024 vs 2023 is no change (unlike all the big changes from '22 to '23) so a 2023 works great for me. See if you can negotiate an extra 5% off. If you ordered today, you would get it. In fact, I think Contender Bicycles is giving an additional 10% off for an online purchase for a total of 30% but I decided to eat $500 to support my local shop.

batmantis

Sep 7, 2023
Denver, co
Well that is good to know thank you. Wonder if it's because I'm specifically looking for the wild and not the rise. Oh well worth a shot!

Grendel

Subscriber
Dec 20, 2021
Texas
Maybe so. It's possible that they have fewer Wilds and don't feel the need to discount them as much to clear the inventory prior to the '24s being released. Regardless, I'm sure you will love it and happy riding!

batmantis

Sep 7, 2023
Denver, co
Yeah or they could be staggering their sales. Either way worst case I'll be evaluating the Black Friday sales but might as well email and see. Thanks for the heads up.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles