Change rear brake on 2023 rise

Rod B.

Aug 18, 2021
USA, Orange County Ca.
Hi, did anyone change the rearbreak on the rise 2023?
Do I have to remove the motor to get to the breakwire?

K.r
Gimmick
Gimmick_82,

If you damaged your rear brake line and want to replace the line, it is possible to pull a new rear brake hose through the bike using the old hose. The process requires a bit of patience and finesse. Often times, if you pull too hard, the old hose will separate from the new hose. This is due to a sharp bend at the junction of the down tube, where the motor and motor mounting shell meet. The junction causes a lot of friction as you pull on the line.

Like Juggernaut, I personally find it quicker and easier to just drop the motor and feed the brake line through.

If you are interested in upgrading the rear brakes on your Rise, we may be able to save you the trouble of pulling a new brake line. You may be able to re-use your old brake line with the new brake up grade. If you do wish to upgrade your rear brake, the Forum can answer your questions with more accuracy if we know which Rise model you have, such as the M20, LTD, H30, etc.

Rod

zyonbv

Sep 25, 2023
Wild
I did the upgrade on Wild H10 to Shimano SLX.

I have removed the motor to replace the brake hose. The bike has a protection tube running from the rear triangle to inside the frame(above motor) which makes the routing easy, also from the motor to the headset it's very easy. I have inserted a plastic "fishing" wire from top to motor and pulled the brake line. 160cm is the length of the brake line. :D

Cheers.

caliper.jpg blever.jpg

Last edited:

PureFM

Sep 26, 2023
45°S New Zealand
Just changed the cheap shimano brakes on my Rise H30 to Magura MT5's with 203 rotors front and back.
Managed to pull the hose through with out dropping the motor :) . Someone had written that they used a Machine screw but it pulled out and then I saw a comment about using a wood screw. So I cut down a small diameter woodscrew and threaded one end into the hose at the rear, screwed on the new hose. Added a wee bit of lubricant to the hose and pulled (sort of gently tugged). At one point I thought it was stuck but then it came free ....
Pic taken before I tightened the two hoses together.
IMG_9139.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles