Rise rear brake change hose routing

Benjimax

Feb 3, 2019
U.K.
Hi folks
Has anyone replaced a rear brake on a Rise? Wondering if the hose is routed through internal guide tubes or if its a motor/battery out job?
Thanks!

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
No internal guides & dropped the motor don’t need to remove battery. Its a pain to do! if you can keep existing hose I would, I sold the brakes on complete

Benjimax

Feb 3, 2019
U.K.
Awesome thanks for the quick reply. Didn't think about keeping the hose, good idea. Limits you to shimano and possibly magura I guess

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
Much easier to remove the battery (and very simple to do - it's only two bolts) and with it out it's very easy to route the hose. Many/most brakes now come with the calliper connection crimped on. routing through the loop over the motor housing and through the chain stay was more of a pain.

I used a length of unused hose and a reverb red barb to connect. fed through the 'empty' hose pulling on the calliper and fed through the new (SRAM Code) hose the other way, using the empty hose I'd fed through to guide the new one back,

Benjimax

Feb 3, 2019
U.K.
Great thanks. Think it all sounds a bit involved removing motors and battery so I think I'll stick with shimano and upgrade calipers on the m20 to 4 pots

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Great thanks. Think it all sounds a bit involved removing motors and battery so I think I'll stick with shimano and upgrade calipers on the m20 to 4 pots
I'm expecting to do the same when mine arrives as I'm used to Magura MT7's but have you tried upgrading from 180mm to 203mm rotors first?

Benjimax

Feb 3, 2019
U.K.
I'm expecting to do the same when mine arrives as I'm used to Magura MT7's but have you tried upgrading from 180mm to 203mm rotors first?
Good shout. Haven't tried as waiting for mine to arrive too :) the m10 I demo'd had 180mm plus xt's and I quite liked that combo.

hugoagogo

Sep 14, 2021
UK
How do,

I cut the head off a small screw and used it to join the 2 hoses together and pull the new one through from the headtube to the rear caliper. No need to drop the motor.

Wild-Fins

Sep 24, 2021
SoCal
Running Magura 220 rotor front 203 rear with custom MT5s

I'd like to upgrade the rear rotor to 203 as well but don't know how with the magnet sensor.
Would you mind elaborate how you did it? Which brake magnet to buy and how to install it on the new rotor?
TIA

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I'd like to upgrade the rear rotor to 203 as well but don't know how with the magnet sensor.
Would you mind elaborate how you did it? Which brake magnet to buy and how to install it on the new rotor?
TIA
Is your bike an M20 or M10? The M20 then need a Shimano RT-EM810 203 centrelock rotor, M10 then can remove magnet that’s attached via the 6 bolts holding the rotor to the wheel & buy any 6 bolt 203 rotor, also need a 20mm adapter that spaces the rear brake higher to compensate the 20mm increase in rotor size, otherwise take to your local bike shop

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles