Replacing rear brake hose Orbea Wild 2023

DrDexx

Mar 2, 2024
Longridge
I have changed the rear brake hose and didnt have to drop the motor.

The way i did it was cut the orginal hose at the lever end and pulled it out.
Then pushed the new hose through the rear chain stays and it comes out in the motor area. (it has an inframe tube/guide for the chainstay)
Then I used a gear cable and ran it up from the motor area up the back of battery and out in the headtube area. This then acted as a guide to slide the new hose in.

you can try using a "Reverb Stealth BARB CONNECTOR Tool" (00.6815.066.030)to attach the two hoses together and pull the new one through that way, but i couldnt find one in stock anywhere(for a reasonable price) in the UK. I would probably try this method first if I was to do it again.

It wasnt easy and it isnt something i would want to do again any time soon, but it is possible without dropping the motor and battery. Getting it past the battery was the hardest part.

I also added some cable housing foam to reduce rattle.

BIG-DUKE-6

Feb 21, 2023
Usa

Then pushed the new hose through the rear chain stays and it comes out in the motor area. (it has an inframe tube/guide for the chainstay)
Then I used a gear cable and ran it up from the motor area up the back of battery and out in the headtube area. This then acted as a guide to slide the new hose in.

you can try using a "Reverb Stealth BARB CONNECTOR Tool" (00.6815.066.030)to attach the two hoses together and pull the new one through that way, but i couldnt find one in stock anywhere(for a reasonable price) in the UK. I would probably try this method first if I was to do it again.

It wasnt easy and it isnt something i would want to do again any time soon, but it is possible without dropping the motor and battery. Getting it past the battery was the hardest part.

Do you think there is enough room for braided lines? In the process of bumping up to Hays V4 Thanks

DrDexx

Mar 2, 2024
Longridge
I can't say for certain, but I think you would be okay with braided hoses.

Might be a close fit through the rear chain stay internal tube.

Schlayer88

Sep 21, 2023
Maple Ridge

So you attached the gear cable to the brake hose at the motor area then?

Also what did you have to remove to access the motor area where you can see the brake cable come in?

Thanks,

(Tried the reverb connectors, ripped apart half way, ughhhhhhhh)

DrDexx

Mar 2, 2024
Longridge
So you attached the gear cable to the brake hose at the motor area then?

Also what did you have to remove to access the motor area where you can see the brake cable come in?

Thanks,

(Tried the reverb connectors, ripped apart half way, ughhhhhhhh)
Yes, I passed it though the rear chain stay first.

I only removed the motor cover. I slid the brake hose over the gear cable which acted as a guide.

After a few attempts and a few wiggles it finally came up.

Schlayer88

Sep 21, 2023
Maple Ridge
Yes, I passed it though the rear chain stay first.

I only removed the motor cover. I slid the brake hose over the gear cable which acted as a guide.

After a few attempts and a few wiggles it finally came up.
Finally got it!

Had to use the shifter cable inside like you said.

Thanks
Chris

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles