Change wheel size, ep8?

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
Had my ep8 motor replaced a couple of months ago. Now speed is all messed up. My GPS reads 17.5 km/h and bike displays 25km/h.

Can’t find a setting for wheel size in the e-tube app. Guessing that is what is wrong. (Bullit, mullet setup)

Plz don’t tell me I need dealer help to change that setting…

Oct 26, 2021
UK, South
The EP8 replacement motors ships from the factory with a very large default value for cirucumference. Wheel size (circumference value) is locked from the factory, since it can be used to gain extra top-speed.

If you reduce the circumference value to the minimum the firmware supports (1300) you get a massive top-speed boost, but also you'll mess up your speedo reading.

Ideally you should go back to the dealer and tell them to set up the circumference value corresponding to 27.5" wheels.

However, if you want to do it yourself, buy STUnlocker app for your phone and license it to your Motor. This will allow you to simply select 27.5 for circumference and click apply. Job done.

Yoryino

Jun 28, 2022
Spain
Ok, understood. Don’t want to mess with warranty, so back to LBS again.. :/

Hello, I am in the same situation, could you tell me what is the measurement of the circumference that the engine with the santacruz has from the factory?
Thanks for the help

l3moncho

Nov 28, 2021
Sofia, Bulgaria
I'm sure you can do that with software such as eTuning | Ebike Tuning App for Shimano Steps Motors
But then original software will show un-authorized mofication like mine, which is very bad for support :(
So did you manage to get it setup propperly?
This is my thread asking how to remove that entry

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles