Can the Defung e10 frame and Bafang 510 motor handle big-hits?

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
Anyone riding stuff like this on their Defung e10 frame?

I'm looking to replace my Commencal Meta Power that has an unreliable Shimano system. I need a frame and motor that can handle stuff like this. This is the kind of riding i want to do on my eBike

1658167509701.png

1658167464810.png

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
I have seen a YouTube video with a young looking dude sending huge jumps on an e10.

I think you would want to be able to hit your landing perfect everytime though. Going too deep would be a pretty rough landing, and you might blow through the 150mm travel.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany

I'm looking to replace my Commencal Meta Power that has an unreliable Shimano system. I need a frame and motor that can handle stuff like this. This is the kind of riding i want to do on my eBike

View attachment 92687

View attachment 92686

Depends on Your riding capabilities. If You land the jump into the flat, the frame may brake. If You know how to ride such stuff, it‘s capable. My budy has the Commencal Meta SX as well, and I ride with him the gnarly and hefty stuff. Not as big as this, but 1,5 m to flat without any problems.

michael.kozera

New Dad ! 👶
Feb 3, 2021
calgary
150mm of travel ( wth any bike Chinese or not) can be enough if your suspension is tuned correctly and your skill is good enough, however there still is a chance you land wrong and hurt your self real bad. for jumps more then a few feet, minimum 180mm of travel front/rear.

ive ridden Chinese frames all the time, and ive never had one break on me, if anything i would say they are just as good as a name brand frame, apart from the obvious weight differences, as china frames tend to be heaver for the same amount of specs.

Depends on Your riding capabilities. If You land the jump into the flat, the frame may brake. If You know how to ride such stuff, it‘s capable. My budy has the Commencal Meta SX as well, and I ride with him the gnarly and hefty stuff. Not as big as this, but 1,5 m to flat without any problems.

no idea how a frame would automatically brake for you during an impact event? i suppose if u hit hard enough to flex in the rear triangle may lock the brakes up or perhaps the rotor might flex enough to start slowing you down??? but i doubt that would happen, like ever.

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
150mm of travel ( wth any bike Chinese or not) can be enough if your suspension is tuned correctly and your skill is good enough, however there still is a chance you land wrong and hurt your self real bad. for jumps more then a few feet, minimum 180mm of travel front/rear.

ive ridden Chinese frames all the time, and ive never had one break on me, if anything i would say they are just as good as a name brand frame, apart from the obvious weight differences, as china frames tend to be heaver for the same amount of specs.

no idea how a frame would automatically brake for you during an impact event? i suppose if u hit hard enough to flex in the rear triangle may lock the brakes up or perhaps the rotor might flex enough to start slowing you down??? but i doubt that would happen, like ever.
I think he meant after a (or many) hard bottom out. I've heard some pretty horrible creaking/cracking noises come out of my e22 when I've bottomed out. It's my first CF frame so I don't know if it's normal or not, but I certainly wouldn't want to put the bike through it too often or too hard.

michael.kozera

New Dad ! 👶
Feb 3, 2021
calgary
I think he meant after a (or many) hard bottom out. I've heard some pretty horrible creaking/cracking noises come out of my e22 when I've bottomed out. It's my first CF frame so I don't know if it's normal or not, but I certainly wouldn't want to put the bike through it too often or too hard.

creaking/cracking noises in any frame ( more common in carbon frames/parts)
usually means it was assembled incorrectly by either not enough assembly lube and or too much or too little torque on various parts.

however please note ive noticed that sometimes Chinese parts can be off spec. as in made fractions too big or too small which would throw off any torque values u use to assemble them. this is very rare but can happen.

most likely was assembled wrong / not enough lube.

hope this helps

Endoguru

Aug 21, 2019
Usa

View attachment 92687

View attachment 92686
I’ve got a Kenevo Sl and it is perfect for Coler and the other good stuff around Bentonville. I rode it at Angel Fire and it was a blast. I actually had more fun than on a DH bike. They are silly expensive, though.

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
creaking/cracking noises in any frame ( more common in carbon frames/parts)
usually means it was assembled incorrectly by either not enough assembly lube and or too much or too little torque on various parts.

however please note ive noticed that sometimes Chinese parts can be off spec. as in made fractions too big or too small which would throw off any torque values u use to assemble them. this is very rare but can happen.

most likely was assembled wrong / not enough lube.

hope this helps
While it's certainly possible there is assembly issues. I doubt it is that. Building things up is something I have done many times before. I have built and repaired everything from tarmac rally cars to underground drill rigs. I build and repair complex electrical and mechanical systems all day, everyday professionly. While it is my first carbon frame, it's definitely not my first bike. Or my first time swinging wrenchs.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany

Sorry mate. Just misstyping - may break, not brake…😂

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles