BLEvo Game Over (with MasterMind TCU)

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Big news for BLEvo and Levociraptor are coming soon for 2023...
From the attached image someone might already understand what it is... 🤩
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!!
Auguri2022.png

Jan 5, 2023
Greer Ranch
you are right.. I have to check if it is possible to change the real wheel circumference also when the bike setup is disabled...
I've read through a lot of the forums about this but can't seem to get a straight answer. So I apologize in advance if you're sick of hearing it.
I have a 2019 levo with the 2022/23 motor but the regular TCU. I had an authorized dealer change the wheel size and it messed with the assist etc.
I have 27.5x2.8F/R and I set the wheel circumference to 2281 and my KM/h is 26.2 km/hr and I can not change that. It's supposed to be what for the default setting of 20mph in US?
Does it translate to MC?

If so I just want the proper wheel size (which should basically be a 29") and the factory speed limiter or greater (30mph would be fantastic). How do I go about making that work..?

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
2. MasterMind TCU + Levociraptor Gen2 + Brose Motor (only in read mode, Smart Power doesn't work)
Hi @PaoloBLEvo , I just bought the Levociraptor Gen2 and Blevo to use smart HR with my Levo Gen3 with Mastermind.
I knew that smart power is not going to be supported, but I read people use it for "smart HR".
Yesterday I tried it, I can enable smart HR in Blevo, I can connect to the Levociraptor, I can connect to my Fenix 7 HR, I see my HR in Blevo...
But it doesn't change the power support, no matter what I tried.
Could you please explain step by step how to enable Smart HR with Levociraptor ?
Thank you!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi @PaoloBLEvo , I just bought the Levociraptor Gen2 and Blevo to use smart HR with my Levo Gen3 with Mastermind.
I knew that smart power is not going to be supported, but I read people use it for "smart HR".
Yesterday I tried it, I can enable smart HR in Blevo, I can connect to the Levociraptor, I can connect to my Fenix 7 HR, I see my HR in Blevo...
But it doesn't change the power support, no matter what I tried.
Could you please explain step by step how to enable Smart HR with Levociraptor ?
Thank you!
Sorry but with Gen2 you can read only the data from the bike.. For use the Smart Power or Smart HR, you should buy Levociraptor Gen3..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I'm very happy to say that the Levociraptor Gen3 is available for presale!!
Now thanks to the Levociraptor Gen3 you will be able to use BLEvo also with the MasterMind TCU and the Smart Power will be much more responsive and fluid.
I am attaching 2 screenshots explaining all the new features.
For any information, write to [email protected] or visit the website www.levociraptor.com

Functionalties Levociraptor Gen1-2.jpeg
Functionalties Levociraptor Gen3.jpeg
Levociraptor functionalities matrix (1).JPG

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Everything works except the Smart Power and Smart HR features. They have released the Levociraptor 3 in Europe that works with the Mastermind for Smart features. Waiting for the USA release.
Not true.. BLEvo doesn't work with the new MasterMind TCU... If you use Levociraptor Gen2, you can read the data from the bike.. If you use Levociraptor Gen3 you can also "write" data to the bike (this means Smart Power and Smart HR)..

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
Not true.. BLEvo doesn't work with the new MasterMind TCU... If you use Levociraptor Gen2, you can read the data from the bike.. If you use Levociraptor Gen3 you can also "write" data to the bike (this means Smart Power and Smart HR)..
I misunderstood the question. I thought the question was about WITH Levociraptor 2.0. Sorry for the confusion.

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
Hi!

I received Levoriraptor gen 3 and it is working fine with gen 2 Levo. Space in top tube is limited and it is really tight fit but I managed to put it in place.

I noticed one problem that might be not easy solve. If you pause ride and do something else with phone and after that try to continue ride it seems that there is some connecting issues with bluetooth devices. That also happened before levosiraptor. Also fit/tcx will be corrupt for strava upload. After levocirator installation I get also these error messages.
I had to exit program and Blevo was able to continue driving.

Program has also tried to do backups of some files but it is not completed. It keeps saying some .gpx file allready exits.

1682871802747.png

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I did a video in Italian (I hope with the subtitles you can understand better) how to install and configure BLEvo with the Levociraptor..
Here the link.
Enjoy you view

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi!

I received Levoriraptor gen 3 and it is working fine with gen 2 Levo. Space in top tube is limited and it is really tight fit but I managed to put it in place.

I noticed one problem that might be not easy solve. If you pause ride and do something else with phone and after that try to continue ride it seems that there is some connecting issues with bluetooth devices. That also happened before levosiraptor. Also fit/tcx will be corrupt for strava upload. After levocirator installation I get also these error messages.
I had to exit program and Blevo was able to continue driving.

Program has also tried to do backups of some files but it is not completed. It keeps saying some .gpx file allready exits.

View attachment 113214
This is a problem of the optimization of the phone, where sometimes cut the bluetooth connection for low power mode.. Please setup Android to avoid any optimization of BLEvo app.

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
Try to send an email to [email protected] to get it earlier..
I pre-ordered it already and just waiting for the ship. So you say thay are ready to ship?

Two more questions regarding Blevo after watching your Video (thank you for that!):
1. While using smart power, which device is controlling/setting the power, the Levociraptor or the phone (so the phone needs to be withing BT range all the time)?
2. Is it needed to record the trip with the bike monitor to enable the smart power? I record my rides with the Garmin, so I'd not need another recording by the phone.

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
I did a video in Italian (I hope with the subtitles you can understand better) how to install and configure BLEvo with the Levociraptor..
Here the link.
Enjoy you view

I video it fit so easily. Mine was much tighter. I have medium size bike. Maybe size of the top tube is little bit smaller in smaller bikes. I have also some extra wiring there to the front light.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I video it fit so easily. Mine was much tighter. I have medium size bike. Maybe size of the top tube is little bit smaller in smaller bikes. I have also some extra wiring there to the front light.
I know that the new Levociraptor Gen3 is bigger, but it is more professional and there is a lot space in the tube... you can use also the forward part of the tube..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I pre-ordered it already and just waiting for the ship. So you say thay are ready to ship?
I think next week you will receive it.. The supplier is shipping the units to the UK distributor.
Two more questions regarding Blevo after watching your Video (thank you for that!):
1. While using smart power, which device is controlling/setting the power, the Levociraptor or the phone (so the phone needs to be withing BT range all the time)?
The Smart Power is handled by the BLEvo app when the tour is started. BLEvo sends the command to the Levociraptor that sends the command to the motor. BLEvo should be connected to the Levociraptor for this.
2. Is it needed to record the trip with the bike monitor to enable the smart power? I record my rides with the Garmin, so I'd not need another recording by the phone.
The tour must be started, so the tour is recorded, but no problem if you record the ride also with Garmin.. Just start the tour and put the phone on the bag

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
Hi @PaoloBLEvo ,
I received my levociraptor gen3 and just tried out the smart power with my Levo gen3. It works good so far.
Just one question:
I used the basic settings and set it to a 150w threshold:
1684933545303.png

With that I see that it does a great job preventing me from exceeding the 150 watts. That means, motor power kicks in and turns up fast.
But on flat terrain I noticed that the engine always delivers a bit too much power which results in that my own power just stays between 100 and 130 watts. On flat I never saw it getting even close to 150 watts, while the bike engine was still pushing.
Can I set it up somehow so it keeps me more around the threshold power, uphill and on flat as well?

xiaochew

Feb 8, 2023
Singapore
Hi. I’m sorry to ask. What it’s the value to set for Levo gen rear wheel 2255/2300
And it’s it’s normal to help this message even I have change to levocpri gen 3

Many Tks

IMG_2417.jpeg IMG_2418.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles