BLEvo Game Over (with MasterMind TCU)

sebsic

Mar 8, 2022
France
Smart hr and power hr are just available in Blevo. Not in official mission control app.
You have to activate them in Blevo app and configure them. You can follow some existing exemples in the how to guide of Blevo.
But Blevo won't allow Smart Hr and Power Hr if you have a new mastermind TCU with digital screen.

mtbbiker

Sep 15, 2018
Murrieta
Smart hr and power hr are just available in Blevo. Not in official mission control app.
You have to activate them in Blevo app and configure them. You can follow some existing exemples in the how to guide of Blevo.
But Blevo won't allow Smart Hr and Power Hr if you have a new mastermind TCU with digital screen.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm currently using the Smart HR and Power with Blevo app. Works pretty good. I got the Levociraptor Gen 2 because it's supposed to work better with the Blevo app. This is from Levociraptor website: Interaction with the SmartPower of BLEvo to allows a significant improvement in reactivity and fluidity in the delivery of engine power.

All reading I've done, doesn't mention how to activate this Levociraptor 2 to work with Smart HR / Power. I've already connected Levociraptor to Blevo, so maybe it is just automatically does it? Or do I have to do anything else? My goal is to create an EMTB mode like some other systems have.

mtbbiker

Sep 15, 2018
Murrieta
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm currently using the Smart HR and Power with Blevo app. Works pretty good. I got the Levociraptor Gen 2 because it's supposed to work better with the Blevo app. This is from Levociraptor website: Interaction with the SmartPower of BLEvo to allows a significant improvement in reactivity and fluidity in the delivery of engine power.

All reading I've done, doesn't mention how to activate this Levociraptor 2 to work with Smart HR / Power. I've already connected Levociraptor to Blevo, so maybe it is just automatically does it? Or do I have to do anything else? My goal is to create an EMTB mode like some other systems have.
I was able to answer my own question. Yes, once you pair Levociratpor to Blevo and setup the Smart HR and Power, it's automatic. Levociraptor 2 does indeed respond faster to terrain steepness and quick ups. Just using Blevo and Smart HR / Power. I had my power set at 195watts and the power would come on, but usually a few seconds late. Now with Levociraptor paired, I've had to change the Power wattage to 220watts and the extra power comes in almost immediately. I have my Trail mode configured to start at 30% to 99%. I feel like I have the ultimate emtb mode now.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
With Levociraptor Gen2 the Legs power is read faster than via the TCU, so BLEvo is able to detect faster the power request from your legs. To do this, you should enable the checkbox in the Levociraptor menu.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I was a bit nervous about googling that on a work computer but it looks good thanks. @eagerly
Here there are some picture of the installation of the King Kong Mini. I suggest the version 2 because it has the battery 3000mAh and not 2000mAh as the Mini 1.

wildsau2

Jul 6, 2018
Germany, Karlsruhe
i keep my MY 2017 Levo and dont buy a new Levo if thats true in 2022+
I never set my speed limit above 25 because for hilly tracks there is no reason.

I LOVE Paolos smartfeatures, HR and PWR, which i frequently used for my training especially in winter conditions. Keep me away from zwifting.
The combination BLevo + Spesh Levo was the smartest side of eMTBing worldwide ever and seperates Spesh bikes from ALL other brands. thanks Paolo! sad Spesh!

Jack_

Apr 15, 2022
Silesia
There are some threads in forum saying that Blevo isn't compatible with Turbo 2022 bikes. But I guess it's not necessarily completely true.
Versions with MasterMind TCU are not compatible, but versions with "Specialized TCU, 10-LED State of charge, 3-LED Ride Mode display " are compatible and have no problems with Blevo connection and funcionality. According to Specialized.com, these models with standard TCU currently are:
Turbo Levo Alloy,
Turbo Levo Comp Alloy,
Turbo Levo Expert Carbon.

Please confirm if it is true.

sebsic

Mar 8, 2022
France
There are some threads in forum saying that Blevo isn't compatible with Turbo 2022 bikes. But I guess it's not necessarily completely true.
Versions with MasterMind TCU are not compatible, but versions with "Specialized TCU, 10-LED State of charge, 3-LED Ride Mode display " are compatible and have no problems with Blevo connection and funcionality. According to Specialized.com, these models with standard TCU currently are:
Turbo Levo Alloy,
Turbo Levo Comp Alloy,

Not the expert. This one has a Mastermind Tcu.

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
Turbo Levo Alloy,
Turbo Levo Comp Alloy,

2 out of 3. Levo Expert Carbon has Mastermind TCU, so that bike won't work.

Jack_

Apr 15, 2022
Silesia
Ok, You're right. In my country there are two versions of Expert (semi-carbon and full-carbon) with different TCU. But it's not my point. Sorry, I should be more specific. My question is, is it true that Levo 2022 versions with standard simple TCU works well with Blevo, including changing speed limit.

sebsic

Mar 8, 2022
France
Ok, You're right. In my country there are two versions of Expert (semi-carbon and full-carbon) with different TCU. But it's not my point. Sorry, I should be more specific. My question is, is it true that Levo 2022 versions with standard simple TCU works well with Blevo, including changing speed limit.
Yes it will work well. But you can't change speed limit. You will need to install a chip : levociraptor gen 2. Then Blevo will be able to control it with Bluetooth.

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
Semi carbon ??? 🤔 What country???

Jack_

Apr 15, 2022
Silesia
My mistake. I didn't notice that the second one is gen2 (2021). It appeared on the polish website as a current offer.
1650304029936.png

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
Hi,
First time poster here trying to get the lay of the land. I think I understand the situation in regards to 2022 models with the Master Mind TCU. BLEVO will not work with these models. I have a couple of questions about the possible workarounds being suggested please:

1 - Replace Master Mind TCU with basic TCU as suggested by Paolo. This sounds very promising but I don't see any ride reports confirming this is feasible. Has anyone actually tried this approach?

2 - Levocirapotor works with the Master Mind TCU and allows you to collect data and deliver to the BLEVO app but Smart Power functions do not work? Is that accurate? No Smart Power would be a no go for me on moving to a 2022 model.

Am I missing any other options? Thanks!!!

oldfox

Jul 5, 2018
FRG
Hi.
I use Levociraptor Gen 2 on my 2022 Creo SL. Works fine, but I get false speed values on Mastermind TCU. Is there a way getting right ones?

Thanks.

sebsic

Mar 8, 2022
France
Hi.
I use Levociraptor Gen 2 on my 2022 Creo SL. Works fine, but I get false speed values on Mastermind TCU. Is there a way getting right ones?

Thanks.

Hi,
You will get wrong speed and distance on mastermind TCU using levociraptor. There is not any solution to correct that with this chip.
Using BLEvo app will allow you to see gps speed. And you will then see correct distance and power and battery left...
Finally BLEvo is much less usefull with mastermind and I just use a Garmin edge for speed and distance and power (using ant+ sensor for power and ebike don't use cadence/speed sensor).
I keep mastermind for showing mode of assistance and battery left.

++

oldfox

Jul 5, 2018
FRG
Hi,
You will get wrong speed and distance on mastermind TCU using levociraptor. [...}

Thanks!

Is it possible to downgrade the Mastermind TCU of a 2022 Creo SL to the old version plug n play? And back, of course, if it's necessary. Or do i need support from the dealer?

sebsic

Mar 8, 2022
France
Thanks!

Is it possible to downgrade the Mastermind TCU of a 2022 Creo SL to the old version plug n play? And back, of course, if it's necessary. Or do i need support from the dealer?

Hi,

Didn't try myself. I know it is possible on Turbo Levo so I think it will work on Creo too. I would have a look at this chip : Peartune MSO 3.0 for SL

oldfox

Jul 5, 2018
FRG
Hi,

Didn't try myself. I know it is possible on Turbo Levo so I think it will work on Creo too. I would have a look at this chip : Peartune MSO 3.0 for SL

Hi & thanks.

I think I will try it using my 2019 Levo TCU.

I would prefer the Peartune MSO 4.0, but i don't like the cable routing through the frame and necessary motor removal.

And not even the dealer can tell me whether the plus and minus buttons of the Creo together with the Mastermind are sufficient for operating the Peartune.

sebsic

Mar 8, 2022
France
Don't know about a Peartune MSO 4.0 for SL motors, just for the Levo motors.
Advantage is that it will keep real speed on mastermind.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi,
First time poster here trying to get the lay of the land. I think I understand the situation in regards to 2022 models with the Master Mind TCU. BLEVO will not work with these models. I have a couple of questions about the possible workarounds being suggested please:

1 - Replace Master Mind TCU with basic TCU as suggested by Paolo. This sounds very promising but I don't see any ride reports confirming this is feasible. Has anyone actually tried this approach?

2 - Levocirapotor works with the Master Mind TCU and allows you to collect data and deliver to the BLEVO app but Smart Power functions do not work? Is that accurate? No Smart Power would be a no go for me on moving to a 2022 model.

Am I missing any other options? Thanks!!!
I did all the combinations. I have a Kenevo 2020 and a Kenevo SL. I have 2 TCU with LED and 1 MasterMind TCU.
I tried BLEvo successfully
1. LED TCU + Brose Motor
2. MasterMind TCU + Levociraptor Gen2 + Brose Motor (only in read mode, Smart Power doesn't work)
3. LED TCU + SL Motor

Where BLEvo is NOT working is
4. MasterMind TCU + Levociraptor Gen2 + SL Motor

I hope I clarified you doubts..

GuyP

Nov 3, 2019
Knysna, South Africa
I was hoping to read that Specialized would open up the Msatermind TCU to Blevo. A pity they haven't.

I decided that since I can't get BLEVO wih a Gen 3 I would rather buy a Trek Rail. It is taking some getting used to riding without smartpower, but I am enjoying my new bike.

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
If you want a Rail that’s fine but you can get several G 3 Levo models with the LED. The Base level Carbon Levo have it as well as the the two alloy models. So it’s doable. I found a 10 LED and added it to my Expert but that was not super simple to find.

GuyP

Nov 3, 2019
Knysna, South Africa
If you want a Rail that’s fine but you can get several G 3 Levo models with the LED. The Base level Carbon Levo have it as well as the the two alloy models. So it’s doable. I found a 10 LED and added it to my Expert but that was not super simple to find.
Fair statement.

I was looking at a 2022 Levo Expert or a Trek Rail 9.8 (similar specs) but the Levo has the Mastermind. I felt irritated with the decision to block BLEVO so went with the Rail. I like the bike but am missing the quietness of the Levo. It is also odd to not have more control over the power levels although the eMTB mode does work well.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
i change to the old tcu , connect no problem with expert gen3. only wait a minute until light not flash more..
The light are flashing because the internal battery is discarged.. You should change it..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles