Bike Pants (trousers to us Brits)

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
i use tenten for autum they are waterproof and very comfy and for winter I use fleece lined cheap chinese 4cycling ones for the money they are very comfortable and warm and cheap as chips but not waterproof
of this is just for ebiking on a normal bike I think I woud fry

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Me.
pedalling is fine.
comfort is better. I never wear shorts other than 3/4s as I hate the hem moving around your knees/upper leg.
I'm happy riidng in jeans though.

other than a padded under short lycra and baggy shorts makes no sense to me as it offers none of the advantages of lycra anymore.

UKPHOTO

May 21, 2018
United Kingdom
I usually wear shorts + liner, and waterproof seated ones with sealskinz socks in cold/wet weather.
Just wondering about DH pant comfort etc. I'm never stopped so warmth isn't the issue so much, just wondered about fit/comfort Inc wearing pads.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I don't ever wear pads unless I'm riding uplifted DH and know I'm going to have a big crash sooner or later. I hate any pads.
DH pants are made to be worn with pads underneath but they are also made for riding downhill (not pedalling up them). Therefore full cordura DH pants can be very hot to pedal in (depending on your size/fitness/personal temperature control)
Plenty lighter full length pants are available. for all round weather riding I'd look for something with a small level of water resistancy that dries quickly rather than something fully waterproof as they'll be less hot to ride in.

Or go full stormtrooper and soft pedal up all the hills in boost ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles