Endura Burner Pants ll

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Just pushed the order button on these ..Ive read some decent reviews on them & I'm a big fan of Endura products anyway ( I've just bought my second MT500 Jacket after good service from the original which must have lasted at least 10 yrs) ..but was wondering if any of you lads & lasses are wearing them already ..and more importantly what you think of them ?
I couldn't find anything in the product review section ..but would be happy share my thoughts in due course ..
Cheers in advance ..

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I dont have them, but do have the Singeltrack pants which are great, but not waterproof in any way.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
cheers for the reply ...yeah I get that they aren't waterproof ..which is fine and what I'm looking for ..
Every pair of specific waterproof pants Ive ever had either had me sliding off the saddle or dropped around my ankles when neither option was what I wanted at the time ...

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Sadly Endura only seem to make gear for whippets.

I need some waterproof trousers for MTB & commuting and I really wish the Endura products were an option for me.

I'm 189cm (just over 6'2") with a little mid-life spread, but not much, and I can't even do their largest trousers up, let alone be comfortable in them.

Most of the manufacturers of quality MTB-specific clothing seem to be the same. Leaving us "enormous fatties" to buy the cheap crap. Deeply frustrating.

With eMTBs making the joys of the mountains available to more people, I'd have thought that they would have a market here.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Sadly Endura only seem to make gear for whippets.

I need some waterproof trousers for MTB & commuting and I really wish the Endura products were an option for me.

I'm 189cm (just over 6'2") with a little mid-life spread, but not much, and I can't even do their largest trousers up, let alone be comfortable in them.

Most of the manufacturers of quality MTB-specific clothing seem to be the same. Leaving us "enormous fatties" to buy the cheap crap. Deeply frustrating.

With eMTBs making the joys of the mountains available to more people, I'd have thought that they would have a market here.
This surprises me, as I always thought Endura where one of the few brands that had proper sizing, rather than that suited to an Italian road racer!

There is a big difference between the fit of their lines, with some being slim fit and aimed at racing fit, and others catering for the more generous.

I have a pair of these I use and they are generous in fit

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany

Thank you for the feedback! I'd love a pair of those.

According to their sizing guide, XXL, their largest, has a waist size of 99-104 cm. I'm 111, so it sounds like a non-starter. Do you have the XXLs? If so, might I be rude and ask your waist size? :)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
No I am not that much of a big boi, but their sizing has always been more generous than the brands - I am not a fan of anything tight fitting. I have them in a large, have a 33 inch waste, and they are slightly too big, but a good length (I am 6ft)

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
No I am not that much of a big boi, but their sizing has always been more generous than the brands - I am not a fan of anything tight fitting. I have them in a large, have a 33 inch waste, and they are slightly too big, but a good length (I am 6ft)
Thank you!

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
I've just ordered some Revolution Race Cyclone trousers to see if they're any good along with a heat wax bar.
My Endura Spray trousers are still my favourite so far, but not fully waterproof.
I thought this year's new MT500 waterproof pants were rubbish as they didn't have enough room in for my fat arse, nevermind a clickfast liner.
Edit: I'm not actually fat at 5'8" 150lbs, they're just a much tighter fit than the Spray trousers and ride up when pedalling

Last edited:

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I happened to stumble across the fact that Endura's MT500 Spray Trousers are available in XXXL (note, not the Spray Trousers II). I ordered them on the off-chance that I might actually be able to get them over my horse's arse.

According to the Endura Website, this is for waists of 104-109 cm (41-43 in old money)
My measurements are:
  • Waist: 111
  • Hips: 117
... and they fit perfectly! I even need to tighten them a bit with the velcro belt.

They also come nice and high at the back (also with rubberised strips inside to hold them there), which is important for me to avoid the dreaded cold gap at the back.

I'm dead chuffed!

Now to test them in Hamburg's "Schietwetter"

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Still waiting for my Burners ..they were due in to the stockist on November 6th ..but that didn't happen with a revised date from Endura of " early December " ..could have had a refund but I'm happy to wait ( if happy means that really I'm p'd off but what can you do ?!) ..?

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
Had my burner trousers ( not pants! ) for nearly 2 years and i love them, only the decals have come off after many many washes, they have extra room at the knees for pads. They are very comfortable and great on colder rides, they are offer good protection from brush/thorns etc. A very good bit of kit that just works

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
Still waiting for my Burners ..they were due in to the stockist on November 6th ..but that didn't happen with a revised date from Endura of " early December " ..could have had a refund but I'm happy to wait ( if happy means that really I'm p'd off but what can you do ?!) ..?
They be sat in a container, on that container ship that’s been trying to dock since mid October. Big back log due to panic buying before brexit. Apparently NHS has 11,000 containers of PPE on order. Hope your troos turn up before that lot does else it’ll be next December????

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
This surprises me, as I always thought Endura where one of the few brands that had proper sizing, rather than that suited to an Italian road racer!

There is a big difference between the fit of their lines, with some being slim fit and aimed at racing fit, and others catering for the more generous.

I have the MT500 trousers in XL. I am 5ft 11 and 3/4. 36 waist 32 inside leg and they are slightly long when stood but perfect length when pedalling, enough covering my winter boots to stop water/mud coming in but not too long as to gather up and mess with the chain.

I have Hummvee and Singletrack. Both great for the summer to keep the nettles at bay.

ClickLock is genius.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Everything I have read about them would suggest that they will ..don't know how bulky those pads are but I'm expecting my Dainese trail skins to fit inside ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
I might have been interested..but the first review makes it a fail..
Screenshot_20201201-122747_Chrome.jpg

??
On second thoughts though ...on a really cold day they might just work ...

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Good news for all things Endura..
I've just learnt that they are expecting my pants and a shit load of other stock this week ( wed.) ...coming soon then ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Well that never happened ..so after a call yesterday for an update I was told that it would now be January before I could expect to see them ..
After mulling it over last night I ordered some Endura singletrack pants with a different supplier with every intention of cancelling the Burner pants this morning ..
So f/f to this morning ..Guess what ?
The retailer had just received a very large Endura order..in which were my Burner Pants ..the missus ( god love her ) who was listening to this conversation said to hell ..just get both pairs !...Merry Christmas To Me ?♥️?

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Well that never happened ..so after a call yesterday for an update I was told that it would now be January before I could expect to see them ..
After mulling it over last night I ordered some Endura singletrack pants with a different supplier with every intention of cancelling the Burner pants this morning ..
So f/f to this morning ..Guess what ?
The retailer had just received a very large Endura order..in which were my Burner Pants ..the missus ( god love her ) who was listening to this conversation said to hell ..just get both pairs !...Merry Christmas To Me ?♥?
So you’re gonna ditch the gaffa tape then buddy ? ??

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Let's not be hasty..I think I'm on to something there purely in the fashion stakes ..?
Still waiting for either pair to arrive ..one sent out on a 24..and the other a 48..with Royal Mail ..I thought that meant hours but it could quite possibly mean days .
However to be fair to Congleton Cycle Store ( Burner Pants ) they refunded £6.50 into my bank account ( not asked for) as a gesture of goodwill for my longer than usual wait which made the purchase just slightly over £70.00..
Great customer service which ensures I will return again to purchase in the future.

Last edited:

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Let's not be hasty..I think I'm on to something there purely in the fashion stakes ..?
Still waiting for either pair to arrive ..one sent out on a 24..and the other a 48..with Royal Mail ..I thought that meant hours but it could quite possibly mean days .
However to be fair to Congleton Cycle Store ( Burner Pants ) they refunded £6.50 into my bank account ( not asked for) as a gesture of goodwill for my longer than usual wait which made the purchase just slightly over £70.00..
Great customer service which ensures I will return again to purchase in the future.
:cool::cool::cool::cool:(y)

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Well well...Both pairs have arrived together today ..
Burner left / Singletrack right..and both as comfortable as each other in terms of fit.
I ordered both in large..which covers 35"-37" waist ..and I would class myself as a 35" waist..so the advice from other users on the reviews that I've read saying that they size up slightly large rings true as there is plenty of room for me to expand ! ( not that I intend to ..but hey Christmas is just around the corner and I have been known to over indulge ?.)
I've not yet tried them with knee pads ..but there seems to be more than enough room inside for the Dainese Trail Skin 2's that I wear ..
In terms of styling ..I slightly prefer the Burners which are a little more tailored around the ankles ..and offer a little bit of side of knee protection ...but I'm very happy with both .
A ride review will follow in due course on both pairs ..but unless its a really hot day ..I think my baggies have been retired ..
20201221_114937.jpg
20201221_115033.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles