Anybody wear Endura Humvee ll?

Jimmi

Jun 25, 2018
Harefield
Been having a look for some long trousers for trails. I like the look of the Humvee’s. I thought I’d ask on here before I pull the trigger.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I've got Singletrack trousers, Humvee 3/4s and MT500 waterproof shorts.

The shorts are excellent, especially with Enduras ClickFast liner.
I've never worn the 3/4s, I bought them in the spring when they were on offer for less than the price of the ClickFast liners that were included. I might get them out for cold dry days in the autumn but to be honest, if it's proper cold I wear decent winter tights under baggies.
The trousers were good when new, but have gradually lost their water repellent properties (they are about 5 years old though) despite repeated washes with Nixwax. If you are of a burlier build you might find them quite narrow in the thigh though.

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
I (only) wear the 3/4 humvee's (got the I and II versions) and love them. Really comfortable, good fit, wear and wash well etc. etc.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Got humvee 3/4 (no idea if I or IIs)
and some full length Endura trousers (No idea what they're called)
TBH they're both my least worn lower bike clothing. Mainly down to the ugly tapered fit towards the bottom of the leg/short. That and the fact I have 6 or 7 other pairs of 3/4s and at leat as many pairs of riding trousers I prefer to the enduras.

Try them on before buying. Endura sizing is weird.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Endura sizing is weird.
Agreed. I have stuff that fits me pretty well and I've tried stuff with the same size printed on the label that I don't have a hope in hell of squeezing my fat arse into.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Some stuff has been the other way round for me with Endura as well.
Badly cut baggy arse, loose waist band and stupid narrow leg cuffs.
Add a cummerbund, eye make up and a frilly shirt and it could be part of a New Romantic outfit.

I think someone at Endura might be a Spandau Ballet fan.

Or just very oddly shaped.

Jimmi

Jun 25, 2018
Harefield
Got humvee 3/4 (no idea if I or IIs)
and some full length Endura trousers (No idea what they're called)
TBH they're both my least worn lower bike clothing. Mainly down to the ugly tapered fit towards the bottom of the leg/short. That and the fact I have 6 or 7 other pairs of 3/4s and at leat as many pairs of riding trousers I prefer to the enduras.

Try them on before buying. Endura sizing is weird.
Which full length riding trousers would you recommend?

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
I (only) wear the 3/4 humvee's (got the I and II versions) and love them. Really comfortable, good fit, wear and wash well etc. etc.

Some stuff has been the other way round for me with Endura as well.
Badly cut baggy arse, loose waist band and stupid narrow leg cuffs.
Add a cummerbund, eye make up and a frilly shirt and it could be part of a New Romantic outfit.

I think someone at Endura might be a Spandau Ballet fan.

Or just very oddly shaped.

Opinions eh!

Take Gary’s advice and go try some on. You can always go back home and order online if it’s cheaper...

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I love the Humvee shorts and have several pairs, perfect cut for me as I like baggier fit but not so loose it gets in the way of riding.

I had a pair of the Singletrack shorts though and don’t get on with them at all - in The Humvee I take an L but in the Singltrack I had to go down to an M due to the lack of a belt to prevent them sliding off me, and the fit was just all wrong

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
lol

Think I'd choose the black watch kilt over any of those truely awful fitting low hanging crotch breeks to ride in.

Steady_eddy

Patreon
Apr 25, 2018
Netherlands
Having been issued those trousers in the past, I can confirm that you sound like a crisp packet as soon as you put them on! They're also very hot...

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
McTasty

666F3AD4-B856-455F-832A-D9AF79493955.jpeg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Having been issued those trousers in the past, I can confirm that you sound like a crisp packet as soon as you put them on! They're also very hot...
You got Goretex? Lucky sod! I had to wear the green bin bags they issued in the '80's! You got wetter wearing them than if you didn't!

Steady_eddy

Patreon
Apr 25, 2018
Netherlands
You got Goretex? Lucky sod! I had to wear the green bin bags they issued in the '80's! You got wetter wearing them than if you didn't!

Haha I did, but only ever wore the jackets. IF you decided to wear Gortex in the Army, you were referred to as wet (the irony) so not worn very often! The sounding like a crisp packet was also not great for tactical situations.....

I've worn my pair of Humvee II knickers for over 2 years now and have found they are my favorite for biking. Can't see anykind of appreciable wear in the seat of the pants bottom. On the cool, windy days of early spring and fall, they keep me warm. I'll even wear them in the awful heat and humidity of a New Jersey summer, no problem. Plan to buy another pair this fall. I like the fit overall compared to my Endura Humvee's.

Of course, like everything else, this is all subjective opinion. Someone else may hate theirs. :)

Pottsy

Founding Member
Feb 12, 2018
Northern Ireland
I wear the endura single track long trouser aw17. Size large was fit as expected but I order L and xl just in case. CRC very good returns for this sort of thing.

Plenty room at knees for pads and I like the tighter cut at ankle so nothing is flapping about and getting caught on chainring etc.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles