Endura MT500 Spray pants.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
After much deliberation I chose the Endura MT500 Spray pants and even decided to risk straying from the safe colour option ..black....opting for a colour Endura call Moss.
No used them yet but thought I would give some first impressions.
Firstly they are smart (at least to start with) and very well made......and I like the colour! Subdued and pretty easy to match with various colour jerseys.
Size is always a gamble buying online. I am 34 inch inside leg and 38 inch waist. I bought xl and the fit is spot on for me. The waist fits with some tension on the velcro adjusters so size large may well have been OK...I prefer a looser fit so xl is fine. Large would probably be a slimmer overall fit?
I use Leatt zip knee pads which are pretty bulky and there is plenty of room for them.
There are zips on the lower leg. These allow greater width from just below the knee to the ankle but do not "open" the leg as there is material behind the zips. It does however enable the trouser legs to be pulled up to fit knee pads without having to take the trousers off.
The trouser material is comfortable next to the skin, lightweight and slightly stretchy. The trousers have a showerproof dwr treatment and a fully waterproof seat and rear section.
The trousers could probably be worn most of the year in the UK if you prefer trousers to shorts. Zipper vents at side of each leg would keep them cooler on warm days.
I doubt they will be warm enough on the coldest winter days..at least for me...but I can wear compression tights underneath to fix that.
More feedback after tomorrow's ride.

20211029_131152.jpg

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Got the same pants last year and am so happy with it. Had to buy a size smaller as my usual size. Very water and wind proof even in the Rain, used it even at freezing temperatures with a thermal underpant underneat without a problem

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I also have a pair of MT500 Spray trousers and really like them. Not as much as some of the undergrowth did at the weekend though… 🤬

C45A1D08-8576-42E7-9A31-58549ED51AD8.jpeg

Bugger.

The trousers could probably be worn most of the year in the UK if you prefer trousers to shorts.
I find they get a bit clammy in the dry, although the above modification should alleviate that somewhat. 😂

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
Love mine wear them for commute and trail , mt500 shorts are also my first choice when not in the pants.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
25 miles ride yesterday and it was wet and muddy everywhere............some huge puddles and floods!
So update on the MT500 Spay pants. Firstly I confirmed I was able to wear my Leatt knee pads, albeit the ankles of the Spray pants are too narrow, even with the zippers undone, to put them on from the ankles so it means dropping the pants...no big deal (mine are the zip up Leatt kneepads). The pants did not catch or bind on the knee pads despite the fact the Leatts are quite bulky.
It was 13/14 degrees with a fairly chilly breeze. The pants are windproof and perfectly warm enough for those temps. The DWR on the trousers dealt with all the water and mud splash and the mud dries quite quickly then just brushes off.

Did the arse area stay dry? Yes, but Im afraid the trousers were not given much of a test because I had my Mudhugger large rear mudguard on ( the bike) and my arse, back etc stayed clean and dry............unlike my riding buddy who was plastered and soaking wet!! ( ps tip: the Mudhugger large rear mudguard can be fitted on the bike OVER any existing mudguard set up using re-useable zip ties..........3 minutes to put it on or take it off or swop between bikes, depending on the riding conditions and no need to disturb whatever mudguard set up already on the bike).

Overall I am really pleased with the pants. They are a really good fit, lightweight and feel no heavier or intrusive than wearing shorts. They are also sufficiently packable to stuff into a back pack for a big day out on the bike.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I was dead chuffed to find a pair that fits. Great for mountainbiking (I wus out when it's going to be heavy rain the whole time), but after a forty minute commute in reasonably heavy rain, the front of my legs and knees are pretty damned wet. They're not that old in terms times used, so I don't believe they're worn out.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The clue is the name; "Spray"

They aren't fully waterproof;
Rugged, performance riding trouser with critical seat panel waterproofing.

Peter1979

Jun 7, 2021
South West uk
I've had a pair of these for about two years and use them in winter.
They aren't waterproof, but do a decent job at keep the muck off your legs and splashes from puddles. But if it's raining, you will get wet. Then they get heavy, which can be a problem as they tend to start pulling down and catching the seat. Also, I find there is too much material anyway in the seat area of the trousers and I've ripped them once already. Sent back to endura for a repair, but it looks like they are close to doing it again.
They are ok, not great. I'd be tempted to just get a pair of singletracks and just be prepared to get wet in the rain, or go for some full on overtrousers.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The bum area is waterproof, the rest is showerproof DWR treatment. Everything I have with that sort of surface treatment is treated to a Nikwax wash and Nikwax treatment evry couple of months. Its simple to do in the washing machine............1 cycle with the Nikwax wash, then leave the stuff in the machine and put the treatment stuff in the tray and do another cycle.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Nikwax ..as with any waterproof treatment will only last as long as the next wash ..
Balistol Pluvonin is the best I've used ..but is crazy expensive if buying from Germany ..try finding a UK stockist who doesn't charge for delivery ..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles