ENDURA MT500 Waterproof II Jacket: ExoShell60 vs ExoShell40DR material

Bumpy

Jan 1, 2020
Bristol
To be honest I've been doing the same as you just using a damp cloth to remove any mud which was usually just at the back. I'll give that a go and see if it works, I'll also do it with the trousers and report back.

Thanks budm

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
To be honest I've been doing the same as you just using a damp cloth to remove any mud which was usually just at the back. I'll give that a go and see if it works, I'll also do it with the trousers and report back.

Thanks budm

Just wash regularly in “tech wash” and it will be fully waterproof.

Bumpy

Jan 1, 2020
Bristol
Just wash regularly in “tech wash” and it will be fully waterproof.
Tech wash doesn't fully reproof according to Nikwax, spoke to a rep who said you need to wash first with tech wash then wash again with tx direct.
I've done this process over the weekend and have a ride planned this week with wet weather on the way so can test it.

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
Tech wash doesn't fully reproof according to Nikwax, spoke to a rep who said you need to wash first with tech wash then wash again with tx direct.
I've done this process over the weekend and have a ride planned this week with wet weather on the way so can test it.
I wash mine every week in tech wash and it works fine. £35 for 5 litres

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
I bought an MT500 Jacket v1 this week for £149.99, there are quite a few around vs the v2. Cycle store and EBay.

I went for black.

Yet to really test it but it’s a good design, didn’t find the hood stowing pulled up the bottom of the jacket.

Bought trousers too which kept all the mud and water at bay on and 18 miler through very wet and muddy woods. I have the Humvee waterproofs too and they worked well on the one time I tried them......but had to get the MT500 trousers to match........the Wife won’t notice

Did a 20 miler yesterday and totally got soaked and covered in mud. The MT500 gear performed perfectly. Totally dry.

Endura do their own re-proofing wash and spray.

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
Got caught in a downpour today with mt500 'waterproof' jacket and endura mtr 'waterproof' trousers. Got effin soaked not happy at all considering how much this gear costs. Trousers are 1 month old and this is first time I've worn them in rain. Jacket is 11 months old and only worn around 20 times. Never been in a washing machine. Contacted them direct and they're not interested, just tell me to speak to whoever I bought it from.
Look at their satisfaction guarantee, you can return an item if not satisfied, but i cant remeber whether its within 6 months of purchase or 12

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles