Waterproof Trousers

LeightonD

Aug 4, 2019
South Wales
HI, can anyone recomend a pair of Waterproof trousers( with enough room for knee pads underneath )cant decide between 3/4 length or full length.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Don't forget "fit terribly and have a saggy crotch" in the MODs list of features ;)

3/4 cycling specific waterproof shorts aren't massively expensive and are actually cut for cycling in rather than trudging about on foot trying to stay hidden in wet fields while carrying gear for killing people.

Get some that actually fit and don't require taking a pair of scissors to.
Try Madison/Altura/Endura etc.

Full length waterproof trousers are harder to find in a good fit (especially with knee pads) so definitely need trying on.
For commuting rather than proper riding I'll happily wear (Cheapish) generic walking waterproof trousers from the likes of Blacks/Millets/Outdoorwearhouse.

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
Ground Effect stuff is good and I reckon these would go ok as the opening at the bottom of the leg is adjustable - leave it loose with pads and tighten if you're not wearing them and need a closer fit.

Helter Skelters

BigLee

Jul 12, 2019
Lake District cumbria
The ones I got issued was a lot better than the old pvc ones I got given back in the day, also desert cam will be kinda better looking than DPM
? True, get the ones without the cutouts to access your pockets and tbh one they get wet and muddy a bit of dpm doesn't really matter ? at less than £20 they're great, I've had a pair for yonks ?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Altura......great fit. So good I use them whenever I need waterproofs whether on the bike or not. My G Form knee pads fit underneath OK. In the winter I use them with Underarmour leggings underneath. Warm and dry. Once I year I wash them in Nikwax which keeps them water proof.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles