Waterproof trousers

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I’ve done this too. Stick them on top of my trousers / tights on really minging days for an extra layer. They’re thick and pretty bulletproof. Look shit, but they work!
I’ve been taking a couple of large plastic boxes with lids out with me for the last couple of years now (in my boot). One for clean stuff, and one for dirty stuff. Throw the minging shorts / shoes etc in the dirty box after the ride to save it mixing with the semi clean stuff!
Yes muddy clothes gets everything filthy. We used to just whip the leggings down below the knees and drive home , not anymore.

darwink1

Dec 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
If youre willing to try something different NF - Technical MTB Apparel Handmade in Canada makes some killer pants, waterproof and regular. Imop they've got the most comfortable waist elastic deal going and they don't use belts or straps that dig into your mid section.

I've got a bunch of different pants but now only wear the nf ones (regular, rain and winter) because they're so damn comfortable.

Screenshot_20231126-105705_Samsung Internet.jpg

D

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
I feel your pain @DaveG01 I caught my Madison's on my pedal today and ripped a hole in them, gutted
:cry:

Downside to waterproof clothing, it does seem to rip easily.

How are you going to fix yours?

I've seen you can get repair patches, though your wound looks pretty large :(

DaveG01

Mar 27, 2023
Shills
They look great just a shame about import fees to uk
You only pay import fees on
I feel your pain @DaveG01 I caught my Madison's on my pedal today and ripped a hole in them, gutted
:cry:

Downside to waterproof clothing, it does seem to rip easily.

How are you going to fix yours?

I've seen you can get repair patches, though your wound looks pretty large :(
@Hattori-Hanzo Endura offer a repair service. I've not used it before and this is my first experience. Also this was the first run of the first day on new pants. (Onesie) Super unlucky 😂

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
Yeah sucks mate, hope you didn't injure yourself in the process too. Hopefully they can sort it reasonably and quickly
(y)

I'll have to go the patch route, has anyone tried them, any recommendations?

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
I had a jacket repaired by endura last year, think it was a standard charge of only £15 or £20 and took around 2 weeks, they just stick a patch on 🙄

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I am fairly sure that I saw waterproof repair patches in Mountain Warehouse, but it could have been one of the other outdoor clothing shops. It's worth consulting Mr Google.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
If youre willing to try something different NF - Technical MTB Apparel Handmade in Canada makes some killer pants, waterproof and regular. Imop they've got the most comfortable waist elastic deal going and they don't use belts or straps that dig into your mid section.

I've got a bunch of different pants but now only wear the nf ones (regular, rain and winter) because they're so damn comfortable.

View attachment 129815

D
Look good to me . But looks like it's nae got a spaver .

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
Water proofing does degrade after time, especially if you machine wash them.

You can get re-water proofing sprays that will last 3-6 mounts depending on use.

If you want them to stay effective for as long as possible then a quick hand wash with as little soap as possible is best.
I have Endura MT 500 nickers and pants, water-repellent (waterproof seat). I use Nikwax Tech Wash, been making wash/waterproofing products for Goretex type outdoor clothing for years.

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
I got hold of some Tuff tape patches in the end.
Applied to both the inside and outside over the ripped area and it seems to have sealed it well.
It says it should last a few cycles through a washing machine before needing to be re-patched but I try to handwash so hopefully should last longer.

Thankfully the rip in my trousers was fairly small, I think this stuff will repair a larger rip also as long as the material is still intact and there isn't a gaping hole.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles