Best folding EMTB

Sep 30, 2019
Chicagoland
I'm looking to buy 2 folding electric bikes that have offroad capability before the end of the year. Ideally I'm looking for something that has full suspension but will settle for front suspension with a suspension seat post. Anyone have recommendations? Currently the number one contestent looks like the lectric bike xpremium.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I guess it would be OK on tarmac and very smooth trails, but as for having "offroad capability" - err, there is no way I would trust a bike that was foldable. They admit it is heavy and with only 7 gears you may struggle on any hills you come across.

I reject the "offroad capability" so it's a no from me, but it looks great for what the "lectric bike xpremium" video demonstrates that it can do (ie. nothing offroad).

Sorry, but I cannot suggest an emtb that meets your criteria, as it is completely outside my experience. I am replying only to help you to avoid making a mistake.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Realistically, any bike like that with "suspension" won't really have anything which will work effectively as suspension - or not how most people would want it to work/react.

You're probably best looking to see which bikes you can buy replacement batteries and other electronics for as a first thought. Otherwise you could just end up with a folding paperweight if you run into problems.

For "suspension" or "off road" ability, I'd be focusing on tyres and what it comes with or what you could fit. In fairness, a bike even with inappropriate tyres can still be ridden off road, it's just more tiring.

You're not going to find anything which is a "mountain bike" which folds - which you'd actually trust to ride on anything chunky. Just heading onto fireroads and so on and anything will do it, just not comfortably.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles