Best carbon fiber emtb in the market

Tao

May 2, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Hello All
I am new here and I ordered the new santa cruz heckler x01 29 reserveright before they increased the price to 14299. The issue now is that I am hearing there is a stop sale until battery falling out issue is resolved. My question is that which other emtb rival SC Heckler or better still? I think its ridiculous to have to wait almost a year before local bike shop can get me one. What do you guys think?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Hi and welcome to the forums. A year is a long time to wait. I was looking at these the other day (showroom floor) and I sure like them. I’m happy with my Rail though, mostly because of the motor (Bosch gen4). I wish SC had that motor.

Tao

May 2, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Hi and welcome to the forums. A year is a long time to wait. I was looking at these the other day (showroom floor) and I sure like them. I’m happy with my Rail though, mostly because of the motor (Bosch gen4). I wish SC had that motor.
Thank you. I was offered a xl rail 9.7 I believe but it just didn't felt like the SC heckler I tried. I definitely agree that Bosch motor is a better value over ep8 on the SC. What build is your rail? Any issues with it so far?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Thank you. I was offered a xl rail 9.7 I believe but it just didn't felt like the SC heckler I tried. I definitely agree that Bosch motor is a better value over ep8 on the SC. What build is your rail? Any issues with it so far?
I’ve got the 2020 Rail 9.7 then I was struck with upgradenitist since then. No problem with the motor or battery …so far🫢.
I agree, SC with the Bosch motor would be fine by me.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I think I know a better bike after looking at the heckler geo, but it's aluminium which I believe is easier to live with too (my preference). The marin alpine trail e2. Shorter chainstay and wheelbase, slacker hta, steeper sta. I've been looking at it myself; it's a bit too long for me re the tight stuff, but compared to the heckler it should be better in both the tight stuff and descending. For you, it's cheaper too I imagine.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles