Basic in van charging set up

wbro74

Oct 7, 2022
England
Hi. Now the better weather is approaching im itching to get out for long weekends on the ebike and i'm looking for a cheap, basic set up for charging my bike up in my berlingo, either when parked up, or on the road. Not sure whether 2x car battery is the way to go, or leisure battery/inverter set up? I don't touch electrics so i'm pretty clueless as what would be needed solely to charge my bike. My mates son is a motor electrician, so he will do the fitting. Thanks.

wbro74

Oct 7, 2022
England
I've got a Berlingo and I can't imagine where I'd put it all especially when there's two bikes in the back 🤔
There's only 2 bikes in it for day use. Long weekends it would just be me in my roof top tent, and my mate in his Hilton camper van. Surely the inverter can just be fitted to the van somewhere and maybe the leisure battery under the seats 🤔

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
Yeah I'm sure it can be done but I need all of the minimal space available for my gear , I'm looking into those portable power bank things that you can solar charge, bit expensive but more to suit my needs 🤟

wbro74

Oct 7, 2022
England
Yeah I'm sure it can be done but I need all of the minimal space available for my gear , I'm looking into those portable power bank things that you can solar charge, bit expensive but more to suit my needs 🤟
Yeah i've seen them and they look really good, just out of my budget sadly. Can i see some pics of your Berlingo please, if you have any? Looking to do mine out a bit in the back. Only have some Blok mounts fitted atm.

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
I don't actually have any pics tbh , I bought a mount that I've fixed to the floor for securing my forks when I remove the front wheel,

Previous owner is a mountain biker so installed a custom made shelving unit which is handy for my gear,

If you can wait two weeks for pics (I'm currently offshore working) I'll get you some 🤟🤟

wbro74

Oct 7, 2022
England
I don't actually have any pics tbh , I bought a mount that I've fixed to the floor for securing my forks when I remove the front wheel,

Previous owner is a mountain biker so installed a custom made shelving unit which is handy for my gear,

If you can wait two weeks for pics (I'm currently offshore working) I'll get you some 🤟🤟
No worries, cheers (y)

Aug 18, 2021
St Helens Tasmania
You need a second battery, and an inverter, but after that it’s easy for day rides. For longer trips you need some way to put power back into the battery. Either solar or run the motor. Pretty musch the same as a caravan, or motor home. We run our two e-bikes like this no problem.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles