Loading bike into the Van.

Cocktail_Dave

Mar 7, 2023
Lincolnshire UK
These are the runners about £80 from e bay, I have 2 sets one for the bikes and one kit.
IMG_20230218_185429_704.jpg

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
I’ve covered that already……..! Seriously though if you can’t get your bike into the van then you’re gunna be a danger to yourself on the trails and I would consider doing something else!
My Toyota super custom van is about 2-3 feet taller than me. I'm 73KG 😂 There is no chance I could lift 25KG of bike onto to a roof rack on a hi ace super custom. If you drive a mini then maybe 🤣

Not sure how that translates to being a danger on the trials either 🤣

Freeforester

Nov 6, 2022
Grampian
These are available singly or in pairs, in various lengths. I use a 5’ one for my electric unicycle (49kg) - one half slides inside the other, and is secured either open or closed position by a ball detent. I know this won’t solve your front wheel issue, but it’ll get the bike into the van, from where you can remove your wheel and store as you see best.

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
You can do a lot with some simple bits of timber.

Something like a 8" wide strip of MDF, with 3x2 'sides screwed from underneath and a block of timber to be a 'shoe', with an appropriately placed 15mm hole through it for the axle bolt.

Wheel off, place your block in the forks (the heavier lower part would swing to the bottom as you rotate the front into the 'slot' ) then shove it forwards. If you make a decent job of it the bike will stand up steady whilst you get a strap or something on it for driving.

That said, if you're a VW T6-dweller you probably want some Gucci emperor's New clothes affair that's actually shit and costs a fortune when a few bits of timber would be perfect.

But, hey ho, I tried. :-D

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I’m looking for some ideas.
I have a weak lower back and hefting the bike into the van, rear end first, can be a bit jarring.

I’d like to connect the fork to a fork mount and then lift the rear of the bike and slide it into the Van fork first.

I have a VW T6.

Is there anything commercially available that does this?
I'm struggling now as I'm getting older
I have a weak lower back and hefting the bike into the van, rear end first, can be a bit jarring.

I’d like to connect the fork to a fork mount and then lift the rear of the bike and slide it into the Van fork first.

I have a VW T6.

If you're willing to spend a lot you'll get something. Easy option is to take battery out and wheels off. I have a chest high rack and finding it harder as I get older its very easy to tweek my back etc.

Mark F

Jan 28, 2023
Sheffield
The downside on doing that is that you would have to step up into the van, lifting more weight (unless the bike is heavier than the rider) and hunching you back 😫

I have a VW T6.

Get a scaffold board and ride the bike into the back of the van ( keeping your helmet on at all times)😂

BTTB

Jan 10, 2019
Planet Earth
Check out Tom Cardy van.

May give you some ideas

I personally use Bikestow in my VW , I too have a dodgy lower back which I try to protect as much as possible. I find leaving the wheels on is much less of a strain on my lower back, I simple roll my bikes in backwards, yes you have to lift the rear, but since the weight of bike is supported by the front wheel it's a easy on my lower.

Hope you find a solution that suits your needs

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles