Bafang m510

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
Same using but completely different philosopie. may be better fuctioning ? but your are only the tenant of your buying. During warranty in case of any failure you need to return your bike to the dealer and wait for motor standard exchange. After warranty you need to purchase another bike, nothing spare parts available, same the dealer have not the right to open the motor.

Personally i 'm satified since 3 years by the motor functioning for my use on high mountain, the motor is just an help to up the toy to playing downhill (i never use the max power), i'm not a racer to need more, especially no more functions.

And i'm fully enjoy to could doing has i want with my motor and to be the only one who build and maintin my bike. Good pleasure with your comon bike.
I don't use full engine power either. with the m510 i used pass 2 and sometimes pass3. with bosch i use tour+. The thing that bothers me the most about Bafang is the motor, which does not have a power boost depending on the pedaling power. it's more on-off. and the worst is the loss of power as the battery voltage drops! there is no such thing with bosch, the same power at 100% is the same at 20% battery and at 10%. with bafang, the power is lost little by little, and then the cuttoff is 20 or 30%, depending on the firmware. the big advantage of bafang is the open system and DIY possibility.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
intéressant ton point de vue ! Je suis intéressé par l'achat d'un Frey Evolve équipe par un m510. Ce 1er niveau d'assistance ne peut être modifié par l'application Bafang Go ?

[/QUOTE]
Je conseille le bafang sans hésitation pour les DIY builder, mais pour acheter un vélo complet je conseillerais plutot de prendre une marque reconnue et largement distribué (sans préjuger de tes compétences technique). A prendre un frey tu vas avoir tous les inconvénient du DIY sans aucun des avantages.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I am not saying bafang is bad, but this are pains which should somehow be mitigated by Bafang.

For example, i yesterday tried to search for new controller CXN10.510. In Europe its impossible to find. Major brand must have such replacement part wide available, as controller can go off anytime. Same for the gaskets, lubrication.

I tried to source lubrication recommended by Bafang, which is Mobile Mobilgrease 28. 150 euro for 2kg? Really???? I ended with bosch lubricant, because i need for season 75g for 10e. I am not cycloservice with 10 bikes per day which need motor lubrication.

And so on.
Ask Tosa Bikes. May be they can help with a spare controller. May be not the cheapest solution, but in Europe and a reliable and resposive company.

mgx

Feb 18, 2021
Slovakia
Today i drive 25km with yesterday upgraded fw on 510FC1.0 version I

CRX10NC4814i101003-1-cs.bin

I wait 1minute after powerOn to finish calibration procedure, then I drive my usual circuit. Here are mine observations:

1) motor is quiter then M600 (i have both bikes)
2) power oscillation (aka 'on-off' torque issue) is not present. Tried also on PAS1, also running downhill with minimal caddency on heavy gear, nothing. On tuesday i was able to replicate this anytime (specially on flat terrain i feel every 3rd pedal circle motor go off and on again. This is not now issue anymore. I was also able to see this on HMI241,as power goes from 200W->0->200W. Now its flat.
3) PAS1 is really economode now, power around 100W. Good for long distance cruising, i found PAS2 something like PAS1 on M600, default for me. PAS2 is around 250Wnow.
4) tried PAS9/or Pas5 when using pas1-5 mode= stable 800W.
5) power start is instant (0.5s), shutdown is instant.
6. last check was to shutdown bike. Power ON, no waiting for calibration just pedalling....No issue at all again!!!

I like this fw very mutch and i think I will keep it until there is somerhing mutch more impressive. I will run comparison with other M600 bafang during weekend hopefully using classic circle.

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia

I wait 1minute after powerOn to finish calibration procedure, then I drive my usual circuit. Here are mine observations:

2) power oscillation (aka 'on-off' torque issue) is not present. Tried also on PAS1, also running downhill with minimal caddency on heavy gear, nothing. On tuesday i was able to replicate this anytime (specially on flat terrain i feel every 3rd pedal circle motor go off and on again. This is not now issue anymore. I was also able to see this on HMI241,as power goes from 200W->0->200W. Now its flat.
3) PAS1 is really economode now, power around 100W. Good for long distance cruising, i found PAS2 something like PAS1 on M600, default for me. PAS2 is around 250Wnow.
6. last check was to shutdown bike. Power ON, no waiting for calibration just pedalling....No issue at all again!!!

I like this fw very mutch and i think I will keep it until there is somerhing mutch more impressive. I will run comparison with other M600 bafang during weekend hopefully using classic circle.

It's interesting, I want to try it too. Where can I download this firmware?

mgx

Feb 18, 2021
Slovakia
Here and also copy is on github... its for 510 motor.I version (FC 1.0).

CRC32 checksum of file is CRX10NC4814i101003-1-cs.bin

56FD95E1

Attachments

• CRX10NC4814i101003-1-cs.bin
    87.2 KB · Views: 157

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany

So Your Controller is working? I run that firmware for almost 4 month now and I‘m pretty happy. Like You, no plan to switch until there is something new really promising!

mgx

Feb 18, 2021
Slovakia
Yes, i manage to reanimate him. Long story :). Key world is use RC into S/N number, use Best 1.2.23 and recovery fw i shared. Then keep trying until it works. I wrote step plan few entries above :).

Now bike is fully working, very happy with it.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Yes, i manage to reanimate him. Long story :). Key world is use RC into S/N number, use Best 1.2.23 and recovery fw i shared. Then keep trying until it works. I wrote step plan few entries above :).

Now bike is fully working, very happy with it.
Great! Enjoy mate!

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Hi Guys , find attached the newest m510 48v Firmware. Version 3.5 from 03.sept.

so far I couldn’t test it
Hi man, to which engine you uploaded that?
Could you write the stock firmware that was there?

I am asking about that because second byte is i, but first is different from standard that we're calling i.

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
Tried to flash this on rev e with besst and besst pro - no success. Also running same fw on besst tool. Any idea where to update that? Tried online update but no success. Probably due to hosts file...
Is it possible to get back to Chilli so that she could request the latest fw for rev I and rev E?

mgx

Feb 18, 2021
Slovakia
guys, i checked fw header.

1st byte is 91= this is strange, as it should be 90.
According i know 1st byte is as follows:

88 -M500
89-M600
90-M510
91-???

2nd byte is 69 which is correct.

Sheff73

Feb 13, 2021
UK
Did I read somewhere on the forum that you could possibly change the first byte of the firmware to 'match' your motor and then the firmware should work? Bit of a risk though... Also might not be 'ideal' setup for your particular motor if its designed for a different one.

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
guys, i checked fw header.

1st byte is 91= this is strange, as it should be 90.
According i know 1st byte is as follows:

88 -M500
89-M600
90-M510
91-???

2nd byte is 69 which is correct.
Using this kind of logics should be either m610 or m820. The first one I made up, but who knows 😅

mgx

Feb 18, 2021
Slovakia
Doing HEX edit in fw header and applying against different controller is 100% way how to brick your controller. Feel free to enjoy.
Until there is way how to reprogram it using POMONA clip i strongly not recomend to try this.

Sheff73

Feb 13, 2021
UK
Doing HEX edit in fw header and applying against different controller is 100% way how to brick your controller. Feel free to enjoy.
Until there is way how to reprogram it using POMONA clip i strongly not recomend to try this.

Wise words 🙂👍

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
yepp, thats for experienced players who knows what they do and what effect will be.
The only reason to do it is to put M600 firmware to modded (by shount resistor) M500 controller, or for put M500 firmware to M600 engine for double the M600 power.
In any other cases (known so far) the modification in hex to force update will 100% brick the controller and is highly not recommended.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Guys, looks like third HW version of M510. I have second version of motor and can not also flash v3.5.

So Bafang is complicating it a lot. :(

MGX, you are not right, bootloader should not be overwrited if coded properly. Firmware is flashed after the bootloader and after turn on controller it still starts with bootloader code, if no reply from controller in some timeout it jums to firmware code.
When you change first two bytes in bin file it should flash, but I doubt controller will work properly.

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Guys, sharing 48V version 3.2 and revision " .i " (second version of motors).

Good behaviour, just when you reaching limit speed, you feel heavy resistance in pedals (which is caused with motor current controlling, not a resistance in transmission). So u need to have it speed unlocked.

Attachments

• CRX10NC4814i101003.2.0-28-2230-boot3.0-20220721130110.bin
    90 KB · Views: 155

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles