Bafang m510

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
Today a first short ride.I'm a bit disappointed with the response. The engine has more than enough power, but it cannot be dosed well. I may need to do a calibration as I changed the firmware from 36V 19A to 48V 14A. I can't imagine that this programming should be taken seriously.

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
Today the 2 Ride a little longer. I reloaded the firmware and calibrated the position sensor. Unfortunately no improvement. The engine reacts too little to the pedal pressure. The performance development is only satisfactory at high cadences. I am afraid the torque sensor is not as sensitive as on the M600. There is also no wattage of your own performance displayed 🤷 If it weren't 1kg lighter than the M600, I would remove it straight away
BC15958C-88D4-4A76-9220-FCD628A07780.jpeg

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
Today the 2 Ride a little longer. I reloaded the firmware and calibrated the position sensor. Unfortunately no improvement. The engine reacts too little to the pedal pressure. The performance development is only satisfactory at high cadences. I am afraid the torque sensor is not as sensitive as on the M600. There is also no wattage of your own performance displayed 🤷 If it weren't 1kg lighter than the M600, I would remove it straight away
View attachment 86136
he's a little too sensitive to me. but the giant syncdrive pro motor has the same kick when start. which I had before bafanga. for now it seems ok engine. I guess firmware will come out that will fix things.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
View attachment 86136
bad news, sorry for you. But classic from bafang, first users perform develloping, it is their "policy" since the BBS. Have you submit the problem to mayebikes ? only them have power to act on bafang, but does it want to do? i don't know if bafang invoice the upgrade of software to the sub-supplier ? I curently in purchase step from mayebikes, i don't know if ther are others here ? but if we are several to request upgrade of software befor finalise, may be that will accelerate the process ? the best way is to identified the best soft available for M500 who satified the majority and give it for model

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
Perhaps you have gotten used to 1200W's on the other motors and "you" need to put more effort in :cool:
If I ride up the hill in level 3 at medium cadence, the display shows 350 W. If I increase the pedal pressure, the power remains the same. Only when the cadence increases does the power increase to 450 W. With the M600, the power is increased depending on the pedal pressure, regardless of the cadence. That's what I meant by not sensitive enough.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
You may find that’s more to do with the amount of copper windings in the motors, if to reduce weight Bafang have minimised the Stator to reduce weight in the M510 then at low revs there’s just not going to be the same torque. In my view the M600 is a lazy mans motor in that it just has so much torque right across the rpm range that it loses the mtb attributes and becomes more scooter.

in some ways I hope what you are saying is correct in that the rider does have to get a nice cadence on and has to put effort in right across the rpm range, that to me is a much more balanced EMTB.

OneCosmic

Mar 1, 2021
Prague
What max power readings in watts are you guys getting with the M510 and with the M600? I have the M500 now but i want something more powerful and can't decide which one to get.

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
If I ride up the hill in level 3 at medium cadence, the display shows 350 W. If I increase the pedal pressure, the power remains the same. Only when the cadence increases does the power increase to 450 W. With the M600, the power is increased depending on the pedal pressure, regardless of the cadence. That's what I meant by not sensitive enough.
I think these are firmware settings.If we had a full access to the Programing software,than it will be easier to fine tune this behaviour.
You can try to ask Tosabikes to reprogramm your m510.At least they are testing and riding and the reprograming costs 20 euro or so ,but you need to send the motor to Poland.

Migli54

Jun 6, 2021
Swiss guy
I think the m510 engine still has a lot of work to do. I bought 2 of them and they are both unusable after less than 500km... It cuts and brakes all the time, and as mentioned above, increasing the pressure on the torque sensor has little/no influence.

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
The most important question is, do you think that the M510 motor is likely to increase the difference to 4 amps more than the M500?
I mean with future updates.
It have a plastic gear as far i know so rather not, 18A range is for M600.

There is also one more thing - the temperature. 18A is genererating more hot.
My M500 is on 18A at now, its working like a charm, but i think my way of use a bike is less demanding than other members of this forum so my plastic gears may have less pain to gain.

I may be wrong but it seems the M510 is just M500 pushed to the limits with a little engineering upgrade to keep competitions and more durablity. That may be good engine. I liked M500 on 13A, M510 will just be better :)

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
It have a plastic gear as far i know so rather not, 18A range is for M600.

There is also one more thing - the temperature. 18A is genererating more hot.
My M500 is on 18A at now, its working like a charm, but i think my way of use a bike is less demanding than other members of this forum so my plastic gears may have less pain to gain.

I may be wrong but it seems the M510 is just M500 pushed to the limits with a little engineering upgrade to keep competitions and more durablity. That may be good engine. I liked M500 on 13A, M510 will just be better :)
Do you use the 18A M600 Firmware on your M500 ?

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
I think the m510 engine still has a lot of work to do. I bought 2 of them and they are both unusable after less than 500km... It cuts and brakes all the time, and as mentioned above, increasing the pressure on the torque sensor has little/no influence.
how do you think the engine cuts and brakes? give a little description of what's going on?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles