Bafang M500 and M600 motors

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
That is right, only when u have second revision of M600 controller. So you wont flash this firmware 46.2 into old M600. Why the hell is firmware number less then latest firmware into old M600?
And yes, it works with Besst Pro.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
only M510 FC 2.0 can change power level via BESST Pro
have you pics of this power level change with BESST pro ?
I have last rev of BESST pro and i can adjust current limit percentage for each level, but not the power level ? currrent adjust is applicable on my M510 rev 1.0, not on M500 and 600.

parameter adjust.png

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
By power level I mean Current Limit Percentage. Sorry. It is almost the same.

Here is M600:
OK we speak of the same thing. For my part i can only modified seeting of the M510, i can't for my M600.
it's you seeting of the M600 ? impossible to apply that on my M510 ?

i have an question about about these current limits. Does somebody know exactely at wich current limi coresponding the 100% of each level ? In use, with original seeting (all at 100%), The max power level increased when you increase the level. I have tried 80% at level 1 and in fact that reduce a lot the power (too many). That whould mean that the 100% of the level1, is in fact already an reducion of the max power, of how many percent ?

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
so u change parameter of m600 46.2 version with your blackbox or also can change with besst pro?

Hello Temon

Yes, BB3 is sending same configuration packets, but without password needed. ;) You can set also in Besst Pro as you can see from my pictures. I just noticed this on my BB3 device, when I was testing it on different motors.

And this M600 motor I bought like 4 months ago. I just let it stay in a box as I thougt it is just normal M600 with older firmware. 🤦🏼

Finally possible to change max power on M600. And I guess next version of M600 will have controller from M510 FC2.0 - so even more setup parameters.

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
OK we speak of the same thing. For my part i can only modified seeting of the M510, i can't for my M600.
it's you seeting of the M600 ? impossible to apply that on my M510 ?

i have an question about about these current limits. Does somebody know exactely at wich current limi coresponding the 100% of each level ? In use, with original seeting (all at 100%), The max power level increased when you increase the level. I have tried 80% at level 1 and in fact that reduce a lot the power (too many). That whould mean that the 100% of the level1, is in fact already an reducion of the max power, of how many percent ?

Sorry mate, been reading your post 3 times, but dont understand to your questions. ;))

100% current on pass 1 can give you full power on pass 1.
With M510 FC2.0 controller, where you have also support level percentage setting ( something like sensitivity to your pedalling, or how much torque should add motor to your legs torque. Can be set 0 to 500%) , it could work also with rediculously high current levels even on pass 1.

Reality - when it was on default 50% current on pass 1 - I have again not even pushing into peddals and was going fast as hell. ;) I am suspecting the torque sensor is not so sensitive.

Last edited:

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Sorry mate, been reading it 3 times, but dont understene to your questions. ;))

100% current on pass 1 can give you full power on pass 1.
With FC2.0 controller, where you have also support level percentage ( something like sensitivity to your pedalling, or how much torque should add motor to your legs torque. Can be set 0 to 500%) setting, it could work also with rediculously high current levels even on pass 1.

Reality - when it was on default 50% current on pass 1 - I have again did not even pushing into peddals and was going fast as hell. ;) I am suspecting the torque sensor is not so sensitive.
sorry for my bad english (i"m also not more clear in my language sometime o_O)

I whould mean that full power (100%) on pass1 is not the same of pass5, that whould mean that the 100% of the pass1 is in reality allready less percentage than the full power (i'm clear ?). I asked if somebody know how many reducing percentage on each level would mean the 100%

About the sensibility of your settings. It's very different on my M510 rev 1.0 (i have replaced my torque sensor) ?

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Hello Temon

Yes, BB3 is sending same configuration packets, but without password needed. ;) You can set also in Besst Pro as you can see from my pictures. I just noticed this on my BB3 device, when I was testing it on different motors.

And this M600 motor I bought like 4 months ago. I just let it stay in a box as I thougt it is just normal M600 with older firmware. 🤦🏼

Finally possible to change max power on M600. And I guess next version of M600 will have controller from M510 FC2.0 - so even more setup parameters.
Just try it on 46.2 firmware and it can be tuned with Besst pro. thanks bro

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
i have a new problem with m600.When i connect the magnet sensor cable ,motor wont start.If i disconnect it displays powers up.Did you have something like this?
I will test with other sensor the coming days.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Hmmm, that does not make sense to me.

Anyway, somebody knows if possible to buy M510 controller ? If so, where?

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Crazy Bafang. With firmware 46.3 or 46.4 power settings are failing in BESST Pro - and not possible to read.
Have 46.4 48V if somebody wants.

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Crazy Bafang. With firmware 46.3 or 46.4 power settings are failing in BESST Pro - and not possible to read.
Have 46.4 48V if somebody wants.
Some source said that before M510 FC 2.0 the controller made by third parties factory and have lot problem. So weird that controller have to be the most quality control.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Please share only rev do you have tested and you are sure that able to download to your controller (mention your controller rev end your country location).

BAFANG have share with me several rev 3.6 (for M510), only one uploading to my controller.
I suspect (whitout any certitude) several revision with same Nb following your countries and your speed limit ? when i open the files .bin, the first 2 digit are not the same following rev who download and those don't

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Mate, I dont have time to test every firmware - it is time consuming.

There is a mess in firmwares, lot of versions for different controllers, which are not compatible each other. M510 has now 4 controllers, M600 has two. As you said, it is diferentiated by first byte in bin file. If Besst wont start downloading firmware, your controller is not made for this firmware. Just dont understand why Besst can not give you any error message.

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Some source said that before M510 FC 2.0 the controller made by third parties factory and have lot problem. So weird that controller have to be the most quality control.
Interesting, where did u get this info? Could be they have disabled now power adjustments in new m600 controller just because of issues you writing.

I guess FC1.0 is now death and replaced by FC2.0.

Mida

Oct 23, 2022
ČR
It's great news that with the new controller for the M600 you can program the performance using Beest pro.
I have an M500 motor, so if I swap the controller from the M600 in it, can I program the power in the M500?
Is my assumption correct?

Assuming, of course, that I reverse the power wires when changing the M600 controller to the M500 motor.

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
It's great news that with the new controller for the M600 you can program the performance using Beest pro.
I have an M500 motor, so if I swap the controller from the M600 in it, can I program the power in the M500?

Assuming, of course, that I reverse the power wires when changing the M600 controller to the M500 motor.
remember only controller with 46.2 firmware can set parameter with besst pro. if u put m600 controller to m500 motor i think u have to change 1 cable connector.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava

Assumption is correct. ;) You can change even better for FC2.0 controller...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles