Anyone using the Fazua motor on the EZesty

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Has anyone bought a Lapierre EZesty and how are you getting on with the Fazua setup.

I've been looking at going down that route but my local Trek dealer who I know well, is refusing any orders on the E Calibre which use the Fazua, as the general feedback is the motor has its problems. Sadly we don't have a Lapierre dealer locally to confirm yah or nah on or this could be simply Trek dealer talk.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I have two bikes with a Fazua motor. An e-Zesty and a Cairn 01 gravel bike. I had an issue with the BB unit on my LaPierre. Fazua Australia supplied a replacement in 10 days. Other than that I've got absolutely no complaints about the bike or the motor. Very quiet. No drag. Brilliant bike to ride.

Would I buy another Fazua bike? Absolutely...

Gordon

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
I have two bikes with a Fazua motor. An e-Zesty and a Cairn 01 gravel bike. I had an issue with the BB unit on my LaPierre. Fazua Australia supplied a replacement in 10 days. Other than that I've got absolutely no complaints about the bike or the motor. Very quiet. No drag. Brilliant bike to ride.

Would I buy another Fazua bike? Absolutely...

Gordon
Gordon, what sort of mileage have you done on the motors ?

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Not massive kms. Maybe 3-500km on the eZesty and a thousand on the Cairn. I had a couple of months off the bike earlier this year. Also have a Merida e-160 as my main ride.

Gordon

Aikone

May 28, 2021
UK
Not on a Zesty but I borrowed a Fazua equipped Domane + for a few months last year, loved it, never rode it more than 100km in one go but still had 40% battery left even on a cold day.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles