Lapierre Ezesty to Australia

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
There is an importer in Australia. My eZesty arrived last week although you'll be waiting for the next shipment.

Details are:
Andrew Kuhl - SRS Agencies Pty Ltd
[email protected]

I dealt with Andrew directly but he does supply dealers if you don't want to build the bike yourself. You could drop my name but it won't get you anything. :) I'm just a customer. Andrew is great to deal with. Helpful and prompt replies.

Gordon

p.s. I asked a question of the UK team and they didn't want to know me. Closed the enquiry without a response. I got the details from the French head office.

flash

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Gordon, can I ask how you're liking your Ezesty so far?

I really like my eZesty. Great bike. Very different from my Merida, even though the geo is similar. You do notice the weight savings. I've done a pretty comprehensive upgrade out of the box (including new fork and full AXS). I thought the original Guide RE brakes were good but didn't like the GX/NX drivetrain. That's just a personal preference though. I've always preferred the Shimano brake feel. The rear shock needs an extra token but I didn't feel it to be an issue when pedaling like some reviewers did. Then again I'm not exactly a gun rider either. Downhill it's very plush. Geo is middle of the range. A decent all rounder. Very nimble in tight turns. I like the 27.5 wheels.

Range in rocket mode isn't great. I get about 18kms on my local trail (compared to about 30 on my Shimano bike with a 504wH battery) But I have three batteries and can change after each lap. In eco it lasts ages though. The remote is pretty average and it doesn't hook up to my Garmin as well as the Shimano. Battery needs to be dropped to power up. It only takes a second but it's still a weird thing to have to do.

However, it's in the shop at the moment. Won't power up. Tried a new remote and now waiting for a new bottom bracket unit to arrive. It's a bummer but I have another bike. Can't fault LaPierre or Fazua in Oz though. They've been as helpful as posssible. Just one of those things as my other Fazua bike is going strong.

Gordon

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
Thanks Gordon

Like yourself I was planning to get a spare battery anyway for the longer rides, but I liked the idea that there's next to no drag when assistance is off. The Giant is like riding through a tar pit when it's off, or dead (which is too often).
I did read about the rear shock being a bit weak, but a friend of mine is an Ohlins dealer so that's what I'd likely be fitting anyway.
I'll also be fitting Magura MT7s that I bought to upgrade from the (dreadful) Sram Code Rs on my Giant.

I also quite fancy the AXS, even though I've not had a bike with it on myself, I hear that it good?

Cheers
Wayne

flash

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Thanks Gordon

Like yourself I was planning to get a spare battery anyway for the longer rides, but I liked the idea that there's next to no drag when assistance is off. The Giant is like riding through a tar pit when it's off, or dead (which is too often).
I did read about the rear shock being a bit weak, but a friend of mine is an Ohlins dealer so that's what I'd likely be fitting anyway.
I'll also be fitting Magura MT7s that I bought to upgrade from the (dreadful) Sram Code Rs on my Giant.

I also quite fancy the AXS, even though I've not had a bike with it on myself, I hear that it good?

Cheers
Wayne

Over the limit there's no perceptible drag apart from the tyres. And it's joyously quiet, all the time. If you back pedal you get a clicking sound as the BB clicks and occasionally a couple after you stop pedaling (not always though). Mostly though just glorious silence.

Performance wise AXS is no better then SLX/XT/XTR 12 speed. But it's super neat and super cool. I'd definitely do it again just to not have the cables. I don't have enough miles to determine wear yet. My Shimano 11spd lasts forever so we'll see.

Gordon

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Bit of a post revival, thinking of one of these to go with my esommet, can it take a piggyback shock? Also anyone mulleted it yet have mulleted my esommet & love it

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
I had a measure to see if a piggy back shock would fit but there isn't room to the downtube for it, unless you can find one with the can like an Ohlins that goes sideways. It looks like an Ohlins won't fit because it's 'upside down' with the damper body at the bottom and, whilst that's a better design in terms of protecting the shaft from rear wheel debris, it looks too fat to fit in the space available at the bottom.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
That’s a shame so you know the eye to eye & stroke length of the shock couldn’t see on website thanks again for all the info

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles