lapierre ezesty

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I think I'm the only one here who bought an eZesty. Mine's a 2020 model. I've upgraded everything.

I did have an intermittant issue with the motor. Reached out to Fazua directly and it was replaced. From Germany to Australia took 11 days. Can't fault Fazua's service. It's spectacular.

Out of the box some of the bearings were hopelessly under torqued. Check every bolt before the first ride and after about three rides. Since then it's been fine.

I really like the bike although in 2022 it's be hard to go past the Orbea Hydro's.

Gordon

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
Had one new in '20. Motor failed within 200 miles. We were in the middle of lockdown but the service from the dealer and FazuaUK wasa non existent. I had a few exchanges with Fazua Europe but in the end I bought a new motor and fitted it myself. Bike was then sold. I'll never touch their products again. Bike rode lovely though, however I'd go for an Orbea rise now from a local dealer if you have one

dmurdoch25g

Jun 24, 2022
united kingdom
I think I'm the only one here who bought an eZesty. Mine's a 2020 model. I've upgraded everything.

I did have an intermittant issue with the motor. Reached out to Fazua directly and it was replaced. From Germany to Australia took 11 days. Can't fault Fazua's service. It's spectacular.

Out of the box some of the bearings were hopelessly under torqued. Check every bolt before the first ride and after about three rides. Since then it's been fine.

I really like the bike although in 2022 it's be hard to go past the Orbea Hydro's.

Gordon
Hello. Sorry to jump in on this thread. If you have tightened the pivot points up do you know how to tighten the rear pivot point with the C Clip on it? I have some side to side play and the bike is only a couple of months old.

dmurdoch25g

Jun 24, 2022
united kingdom
Hello. Sorry to jump in on this thread. If you have tightened the pivot points up do you know how to tighten the rear pivot point with the C Clip on it? I have some side to side play and the bike is only a couple of months old.

B1456FFB-D40C-4A5C-B254-E17B62351054.jpeg

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Hi anyone got any reviews on the lapierre ezesty bike and it’s reliability in general?
Not sure about reliability just yet after having a long winded problem on a new Ride 50 motor ( noise and motor fault through a speed sensor fault which has no fault code ) which as much as Fazua and Toms Bike Shed did all their best to solve, seemed to take far too much to sort considering just how detailed Fazua logs everything from cadence to speed to faults. Fazua did come up trumps in the end but it took a bit of nudging. Seems as though it has been resolved now, but that lead to another rabbit hole.

One thing though for sure is at first you feel as if the motor is a pig until you work out the bike runs faster than you think and as soon as you are just getting into the bikes stride, you bump into the speed restricter ( there's no speed display ). Its so subtle that you think thats a motor fault dropping back the power, but in fact its you hitting the 25kph limit. I happen to have an American speed restricted motor, an earlier Evation and once you can get the bike and motor in that happy speed bracket ( as in 0 - 30kph ) its a real joy to ride and as a consequence of the motor not cutting in and out, the battery seems to last forever.

The new suite of software is really cool and virtually everything is now adjustible on the motor, except the speed which then just detracts from the whole setup as you constantly power up and then down, sorry but to really get the best from this motor and bike then you need to investigate EPlus but beware Fazua logs max speed under motor and its motor diagnostic output file is 32bit encrypted.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles