Lapierre EZesty

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Just comparing specs as listed on e-bikeshop and the original announcement it seems they have changed a couple of things:

Increased the reference weight from 17.5kg to 18kg
Front forks from 160mm to 150mm?
Tyres from 2.5" to 2.8"? Although I can't actually find High Roller 2 in 2.5" anyway (2.4" is the closest)
- Trail = https://www.maxxis.co.uk/catalog/tyre-466-18-high-roller-ii
- Plus size = High Roller II Plus | Fat Bike Tyres | Maxxis Tyres UK
- Downhill = https://www.maxxis.co.uk/catalog/tyre-466-52-high-roller-ii

Look forward to trying a test ride on one when they finally arrive.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
FWIW @mark.ai I have a set of HRIIs here in 27.5x2.4 exo. They're pretty much indistinguishable size wise from a 2.5 DHF
and IMO pretty much the perfect size for a light(ish) weight Eeb like the new E Zetius

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I quite liked the idea of the narrower tyres for a lighter bike, so I guess I'm wondering why they might have increased the size. But I suppose it comes down to personal preference somewhere.

I really need to start trying some different tyres on my own bike first and see how much I can notice the difference :)

D

Deleted member 1275

View attachment 6205

Closer look vid now out for Patreon supporters.

Looks like a very interesting bike, 18KG, Fazua motor, top spec components, £6699.

That's a seriously good looking bike and you would barely know it was blessed with 'e'! As much as £6699 is big wad of cash to drop on a bike, at 18kg that has certainly interested me.

I'm only about a week into ownership of my new eMTB but at 26.1kg (good grief!) 18kg looks very attractive.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
That's a seriously good looking bike and you would barely know it was blessed with 'e'! As much as £6699 is big wad of cash to drop on a bike, at 18kg that has certainly interested me.

I'm only about a week into ownership of my new eMTB but at 26.1kg (good grief!) 18kg looks very attractive.
Wow, 26.1 kgs? @Ygau What ebike do you own?

D

Deleted member 1275

eFatTrike. Nice and yes. Oh for that third wheel to keep tyre side down! :)

D

Deleted member 1275

Wow, 26.1 kgs? @Ygau What ebike do you own?

Mondraker e-Crafty RR+ - really enjoying the bike but having covered 1000s of miles since 2001 on my Spesh Enduro (13kg - Hope M4s, XT etc and the last new mtb I had), I'm really noticing the weight. But I'm getting old so what do I know! Love the bike, but my god it's heavy.

I would like to say that the pedals I've put on weight 8kgs but alas....

D

Deleted member 1275

Crap! Wish I had seen that bike before my recent purchase! :);)

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Mondraker e-Crafty RR+ - really enjoying the bike but having covered 1000s of miles since 2001 on my Spesh Enduro (13kg - Hope M4s, XT etc and the last new mtb I had), I'm really noticing the weight. But I'm getting old so what do I know! Love the bike, but my god it's heavy.

Is it one of these?
009DA07A-58AE-4856-A224-BFE598D47C9B.jpeg

D

Deleted member 1275

Yep, that's the beast. Love it but only had a chance to put on about 20 miles since purchase.

I've never been particularly talented at manuals (I can but nothing spectacular) but you guys would have laughed at my pathetic efforts on it! :) Long wheelbase and chain stays aren't helping but still. Despite weight, I am really enjoying the bike.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
You'll get used to the weight. To manual them you need to pre-load and kick the pedals forwards much harder. so hard infact that if you jump back on a non-Ebike and do the same you'll knock yourself clean out on the ground behind the bike while it ghosties to a halt on the road upside down.
Getting the kick wrong, not quite reaching the balance point and trying to force it up higher a few times is a lower back ache and a half.

D

Deleted member 1275

Many thanks @Gary. Appreciate the advice. Will keep practicing - hopefully out of sight of anyone! :)

Roll-on power wheelies on my Ducati never seemed so easy! :)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I actually spent a couple of weeks re-dailling in my manual technique when i got my Ebike. I normally manual brakeless and had to teach myself how to use the rear brake. mainly because the blance point is so much higher than any of my other bikes.
I can switch back and forth from manualling a 25lb 4X hardtail to a 47lb 170mm emtb at will now

D

Deleted member 1275

Thanks @Gary. Good to know about the higher balance point on the e. If I ever find it I'll let you know if I agree! ;)

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Yep, that's the beast. Love it but only had a chance to put on about 20 miles since purchase.

I've never been particularly talented at manuals (I can but nothing spectacular) but you guys would have laughed at my pathetic efforts on it! :) Long wheelbase and chain stays aren't helping but still. Despite weight, I am really enjoying the bike.
Are you sure that is the weight of the bike? It doesn’t look like a 26 plus kilo bike as there appears to be some reasonably top shelf kit on it.

D

Deleted member 1275

Just a Large but weighed it on what I consider some accurate scales. 26.1kg including old DMR v8 pedals and mudgaurds (light plastic).

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
That spec and weight make no sense at all.
One can only assume it's all the alloy used in order for Mondraker to span two postcodes with the wheelbase..

Air sprung and It doesn't even have heavy DH carcus tyres a lot of Emtbs come spec'd with.
i think your scales might need re-calibrated.

That's 10lb heavier than my 170mm Emtb

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Alloy bikes with the Shimano integrated battery can weigh 24 something kg. The Bosch motor is 1kg heavier, add pedals and 26kg is within reach. Alloy frames for this kind of integrated battery are quite heavy. Eebs with external battery, such as the Vitus, Meridas and Commencal are quite a bit more lightweight.

D

Deleted member 1275

@Gary

Perhaps. However, my Omron scales are within +/- 0.2kg of both the scales at my gym and my GPs - when used for my weight. Additionally, the weight of my wife’s small Cannondale Moterra LT1, based on my Omron scales at home, aligns very well with the weight I found online. If mine need calibration then without going to callibrate with an SI kilo standard (where is it, France?) what do I do and who is to say whos scales are ‘close enough’?

Put it this way, it does ‘feel’ very heavy. Solid and good quality but damn heavy!

I have to admit, I can’t find how much the Large 2019 Crafty RR+ ‘should’ weigh. All I can go on is what my scales say and the fact it does feel very heavy.

————-
Another google search:

Just found Biketart.com reporting 25.2kg but they dont make it immediately apparent what size frame that is.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles