All New 2023 Orbea Wild

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Great info Rob, thanks!

Assuming this is with the standard 750Wh battery? so with the smaller 625Wh battery it should be ~22.2kg?
I actually already went back and asked if that 23KG weight was with the 750Wh battery or 625... I will let you know!

jsp0511

Feb 18, 2023
Yonkers, NY
Got to see this bike in person today at my LBS here in Phoenix. First one in here. M20. Looks sweet!

Size small. 750 battery
53 lbs. 24.1 kg

View attachment 105823 View attachment 105824
Hello from NY, the eagle has landed.

She rips 🔥

don't mind the droopy chain : )
1B7DB160-5C43-4D92-9154-C0970BB2C811.jpeg

image0.jpeg
image1 (1).jpeg

Last edited:

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway
Thoughts on 170 vs 160 fork?
I was going back and forth myself. I ended up picking 170 when I first ordered, but a few weeks later I noticed that the MyO configurator only stated the 160 version as e-bike specific. Seeing Rob rave about the e tuned damper in a separate thread, I really wanted to try it myself. I sent a question to Orbea. See below.

I ended up changing my order to the 160-version, but may change the air shaft to a 170 version when I do the first service.

efork.png

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I was going back and forth myself. I ended up picking 170 when I first ordered, but a few weeks later I noticed that the MyO configurator only stated the 160 version as e-bike specific. Seeing Rob rave about the e tuned damper in a separate thread, I really wanted to try it myself. I sent a question to Orbea. See below.

I ended up changing my order to the 160-version, but may change the air shaft to a 170 version when I do the first service.

View attachment 107293

Interesting. Pretty sure mine has the 170mm etuned fork as it has the logo on the fork. I’m going to double check that fork code now.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada

View attachment 107293
This is going to sound funny but personally I would select the 160mm travel option so that you get the larger crown on the fork. It looks like when you select the 170mm option you get the smaller crown which doesn't look as nice at the bottom of the headtube on the bike. And then just install the 170mm air shaft.

I know it's just aesthetics but I think it looks much nicer.

jsp0511

Feb 18, 2023
Yonkers, NY
Hey, I see you mounted a bottle. What’s the deal with the 3 screws, if I loosen all 3 there is a plate underneath and I was scared that it drops into the frame. Did you leave the middle screw inside or how did you mount the Fidlock?
Removed all three and used the two for the fidlock mount. Don’t be scared. 🤘

FFM

Feb 27, 2023
Germany

View attachment 107293 Guess they are using the E Tuned 170mm, on Robs Video you can see the "e vol" on the side. Think that is a mistake on their homepage. But maybe Rob can asked them again.

Bildschirm­foto 2023-02-27 um 20.40.42.png

Reactions: K78

OZ-E

Jun 21, 2021
Australia
Thanks, went the 160 as my current 160 fork works well on 80% of my local trails.
Now just figuring if I want 20mm or 35mm rise bars.
Anybody ridden one? Hows the stack height feel? From specs it looks pretty tall up front.

Last edited:

ikaramboo

Sep 21, 2018
Germany
nope, not yet sorted.

Don’t think the wild has an integrated headset. First is the headset bearing, then preload ring and then the headset cover which looks like it has too much clearing. Might be normal, don’t know.
Maybe someone or @Rob Rides EMTB could have a quick check if it’s similar.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
nope, not yet sorted.

Don’t think the wild has an integrated headset. First is the headset bearing, then preload ring and then the headset cover which looks like it has too much clearing. Might be normal, don’t know.
Maybe someone or @Rob Rides EMTB could have a quick check if it’s similar.
I has no headset cups which means that the Wild does have an integrated headset. Bearing rest inside cups built into the frame.

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
Picked up my M10 Wild today. Few notes I can add....

I opted for the 170mm fork. Mine has neither the 38E decals nor says anything about e-tune in the Fox spec for my serial number.

Couple of photos showing the headset gap and fork crown on this bike.

Comes with the MC32TEAM wheels. On the oquowheels.com website they list DT Swiss 350 hubs.
The ones on the bike seem to be their Ebike version which uses 350 Hybrid hubs with 24 POE, rather than the usual 36 POE.
IMG_9289.JPEG

Fork_spec.jpg

IMG_9294.JPEG

IMG_9297.JPEG

IMG_9298.jpeg

IMG_9291.JPEG

Pezzar

Apr 6, 2022
Rugeley, England United Kingdom
I said the same thing when it came on the old model, that fork has no business being on an enduro ebike as capable as the Wild FS's.
Yeah - lovely bike, but it's ridiculous that on a 7k bike you'd basically have to bin the forks and upgrade as soon as you got it home. I'm also not convinced still on these integrated headsets. Be a deal breaker for me, especially as there are so many other great bikes out there.

ikaramboo

Sep 21, 2018
Germany
Picked up my M10 Wild today. Few notes I can add....

I opted for the 170mm fork. Mine has neither the 38E decals nor says anything about e-tune in the Fox spec for my serial number.

Couple of photos showing the headset gap and fork crown on this bike.

Comes with the MC32TEAM wheels. On the oquowheels.com website they list DT Swiss 350 hubs.
The ones on the bike seem to be their Ebike version which uses 350 Hybrid hubs with 24 POE, rather than the usual 36 POE.

View attachment 108148
Could you take another picture where it shows the gap in front? It seem like you don’t have so much space between.

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Could you take another picture where it shows the gap in front? It seem like you don’t have so much space between.
The gap looks about the same to my eyes. My Rise that I had, also had a gap, as it seems to be the norm for most bikes.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Zero gap on all my bikes ( Whyte and Cube) ..as it should be.........otherwise the headset is open to water and mud ingress.

ikaramboo

Sep 21, 2018
Germany
Orbea says they use premium enduro bearings. If there is a gap, how should it be closed when there is no possibility because if the way the headset is constructed.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Zero gap on all my bikes ( Whyte and Cube) ..as it should be.........otherwise the headset is open to water and mud ingress.
What type of headset do those bikes use? Integrated ( IE no separate cups) or some form of separate cup ( either zero stack zs, or external cup ec)?

A lot ( but not all) bikes that use an integrated headset end up with a gap like that,its not ideal but it is normal ( for bike that end up like that) and not indicative of a fault.

Bikes that use zs and ec should have zero gap.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles