All New 2023 Orbea Wild

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
You can get a kit from Orbea to run a standard stem and spacers. The cables still run through the headset area but they go outside of the headset spacers. When you do this you lose the knock block aspect of your stock headset.

If you are on an XL you should be fine. I’m on a large size frame and with a fox 36 fork, my compression adjustment on the drive side, and the air cap on the non drive side, would barely miss the downtube if the bars over rotated in a crash. I would think smaller than large and the controls at the top of your fork legs would likely hit the frame and damage it.

Somewhere in this thread there are pictures of people switching to standard stem and spacers.

Screenshot_20231025_211116_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20231025_211157_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20231025_211215_Gallery.jpg

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
thanks for that.

Another wrinkle, I dropped off the bike to get wrapped with RideWrap and the guy called and said he couldn't really do it because the bike already has a partial wrap from factory so he didn't want to remove that, and didn't want to put a wrap on a wrap and the other option of cutting around it isn't satisfying either.

My mistake for not realising it has a wrap already, but what did other owners do? is the factory wrap good enough, did you remove it and do a proper wrap?
I removed the original partial wrap and installed the Ridewrap Tailored Kit. Kudos to Orbea for providing a stock bike with some initial protection. Ridewrap has much more comprehensive coverage and original wrap only took a few minutes to remove. Ridewrap material is much thicker and better quality.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
What size frame are you on and does your fork clear your frame with over rotation of the bars. That’s a really sharp looking bike with some excellent mods!!
Thanks! I have a size Large frame. No problems with 170mm travel fork clearing the frame. Can honestly state my Wild is the best all-round emtb I've had the privilege of owning/riding. Have a new YT Decoy MX Core 4 that is setup more for dh oriented trails that I absolutely adore. VERY exciting times for new emtb technologies! Happy Trails

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
ordered a 23 XL M20 for 5k, coming from Spain so will have to wait a few weeks. Went for the silver having seen the photos of the raw! Shop are going to inspect it, they said they’ve rejected a few
Got a DPX2 off my old bike to go on for now, Shimano link glide and a set of Hope Tech4 V4s to go on. Need to find a good deal on a set of Zebs or Fox 38s, not riding the 35s…..
Will likely change the wheels and bars and stem at some point
Anyone know what length dropper the 23 XLs come with?

COrider

Sep 26, 2023
Colorado
That’s a great price! Well worth the wait.
As far as the dropper my large came with a 170mm. I thought I had read that the xl came with 200mm but now I can’t find where I read that.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Yeah, I thought that too.

Also found these, to all intents and purposes same as the Ultimate, should be about £470 with VAT and shipping

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
That’s a great price! Well worth the wait.
As far as the dropper my large came with a 170mm. I thought I had read that the xl came with 200mm but now I can’t find where I read that.
£5k UK though. More where it should be, even thoughto be a 5k bike with Rockshox 35s still doesn't feel like that much of a bargain to be honest....

Still, I really wanted the carbon and with the Zebs, linkglide and the V4s it should rip! Just need to find a good price for some DT Swiss hybrids now

COrider

Sep 26, 2023
Colorado
£5k UK though. More where it should be, even thoughto be a 5k bike with Rockshox 35s still doesn't feel like that much of a bargain to be honest....

Still, I really wanted the carbon and with the Zebs, linkglide and the V4s it should rip! Just need to find a good price for some DT Swiss hybrids now
That’s fair. That Rockshox 35 TK silver really does not belong on this bike. I rode it a few times with the 35 while waiting on my new fork and it is rudimentary at best.

That build out that you have planned will absolutely rip!

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Has anyone installed a Oneup 240mm dropper on an XL and if so, can it be slammed?
Collected my 23 M20 yesterday and have started pulling it apart. The shop said it is a 170 dropper, but it isn't, it's 200 (well, actually the drop measures 195, slightly strangely). That can be slammed no problem.

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway
Has anyone installed a Oneup 240mm dropper on an XL and if so, can it be slammed?
Collected my 23 M20 yesterday and have started pulling it apart. The shop said it is a 170 dropper, but it isn't, it's 200 (well, actually the drop measures 195, slightly strangely). That can be slammed no problem.
I am quite sure I've read that you can slam a 200 dropper on the small frame which has a 415mm seat tube. Since the XL has 460mm seat tube , my guess is it shouldn't be a problem slamming a 240mm version (?)

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Thanks @paal .Will leave that one for a Christmas pressie or summat

So, next question - I had a DPX2 off my Crafty which I was going to put on, unfortunately with the side mounted adjusters it fouls the frame spar on one side.
What other air shocks do we know will fit and have reasonably accessible adjusters? X2 obviously but 24 is spendy, trying to keep costs under control. Have got Zebs coming and it would be nice to keep matching (I guess, but not a showstopper) but the super deluxe have the rebound dial on top, anyone know if they fit and possible to adjust when fitted?

dieselbtle99

Subscriber
Sep 1, 2023
United States
Thanks @paal .Will leave that one for a Christmas pressie or summat

So, next question - I had a DPX2 off my Crafty which I was going to put on, unfortunately with the side mounted adjusters it fouls the frame spar on one side.
What other air shocks do we know will fit and have reasonably accessible adjusters? X2 obviously but 24 is spendy, trying to keep costs under control. Have got Zebs coming and it would be nice to keep matching (I guess, but not a showstopper) but the super deluxe have the rebound dial on top, anyone know if they fit and possible to adjust when fitted?
Just fitted a sdu to my wild m10. Can reach all adjusters but need a 90deg adapter to air it up. Working on getting adapters. Will update when complete. I had to unmount from trunion and slide forward to get my shock pump on.

COrider

Sep 26, 2023
Colorado
For some reason I cannot order directly off the orbea website. I’ll have to shoot them an email
I tried ordering directly from Orbea and they wanted to route it through my local retailer. I didn’t end up moving forward so I’m not sure how it’s done.

Also I have a 210mm one up post on a size large that is almost slammed. I started to feel some resistance as I was installing it at the lowest point. It felt like it was just the cable inside the frame binding a bit. I didn’t need it to go any lower so I didn’t keep pushing. Per specs it should be able to slam entirely.

Last edited:

dieselbtle99

Subscriber
Sep 1, 2023
United States
I tried ordering directly from Orbea and they wanted to route it through my local retailer. I didn’t end up moving forward so I’m not sure how it’s done.

Also I have a 210mm one up post on a size large that is almost slammed. I started to feel some resistance as I was installing it at the lowest point. It felt like it was just the cable inside the frame binding a bit. I didn’t need it to go any lower so I didn’t keep pushing. Per specs it should be able to slam entirely.
Called my dealer i purchased the bike from. Gave him a list. Parts are ordered. Now I wait.

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
Just fitted a sdu to my wild m10. Can reach all adjusters but need a 90deg adapter to air it up. Working on getting adapters. Will update when complete. I had to unmount from trunion and slide forward to get my shock pump on.
Be wary fitting the latest RS SDU to a 2023 carbon Wild. RS does not recommend due to interference at the trunion head (specific case I know of was interference on a medium M10 under full compression).

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Ah bugger, just bought a lightly used one. Thought it looked like it would be tight. Would think it's the same on all models as I expect the lay up in that area is the same

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
What is the sizing on the 2023 v 2022. I tried a 2022 in XL, it was too big.

2023 has same reach in L as last years XLat 580 reach. But angles are different.

Current bike is 450 reach but more trail, less enduro angles

I'm 5'10 long legged.
Did you try the 2023 or buy one? If you did what size did you go for?

I´m 5´10 long legged as well and just like you my current trail bike is 450 reach. Trying to decide if I should go for M or L.

Size L Wild would give me the same top tube + stem as on my SC Hightower, but 30mm longer reach.

Never tried a bike with 480 reach but I´ve found the biggest problem with being long legged is the "seated reach" and not the reach when standing. If I ride a bike with a shorter reach than 450 I feel like I´m off balance when stand up pedaling and feel like I have to hold on to the bars to not fall backwards.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles