All New 2023 Orbea Wild

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
ordered a 23 XL M20 for 5k, coming from Spain so will have to wait a few weeks. Went for the silver having seen the photos of the raw! Shop are going to inspect it, they said they’ve rejected a few
Got a DPX2 off my old bike to go on for now, Shimano link glide and a set of Hope Tech4 V4s to go on. Need to find a good deal on a set of Zebs or Fox 38s, not riding the 35s…..
Will likely change the wheels and bars and stem at some point
Anyone know what length dropper the 23 XLs come with?
What shop was this from? Have you received it yet?
Also found great deals for the Wild at ibksport.eu in Spain. But a bit uncomfortable to order from a shop I never heard of before.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Be wary fitting the latest RS SDU to a 2023 carbon Wild. RS does not recommend due to interference at the trunion head (specific case I know of was interference on a medium M10 under full compression).
Got the shock today and can confirm it does touch under full compression. Balls. This is on an XL. Just barely with lock out set to closed but I wouldn't trust it not to flex a bit under a hard compression and do some damage. With lock out open defo hits.
20231106_173656.jpg

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
What shop was this from? Have you received it yet?
Also found great deals for the Wild at ibksport.eu in Spain. But a bit uncomfortable to order from a shop I never heard of before.
Got mine from ebikeshop.co.uk in Farnham. They price matched UK bike depot in Halifax

dieselbtle99

Subscriber
Sep 1, 2023
United States
Dammit. Checked mine this morning and sure enough it hits. Back on the X2 goes for now. Thanks again for checking. Need to get a list or sticky thread of all thebrear shocks that are confirmed fit VS the ones that don’t. Would be some good information to pass on to everyone

Ruebi

Jul 17, 2023
Heidelberg
Guys, I‘m currently waiting for my myO Wild. I ordered in mid August and delivery date was the first week of November. Since then the delivery date is postponed week to week.

Does anybody also has this issue. Or if you received your bike in the last weeks, when did you order?

dieselbtle99

Subscriber
Sep 1, 2023
United States
I was lucky and demoed a mteam in July and the rep kept in contact with me Purchased the demo bike I rode in September. Love the bike. So I technically waited almost 3 months.

RacerX

Nov 19, 2023
Austin Texas
Had my 2023 Orbea Wild color silver for about 2 months. Well as much as I wanted to get a custom paint I decided to order from a shop here in the US as these are in stock across the US. Ordered the 2023 M20 after watching hundreds of EMTB reviews online and it won absolutely every test. Now I know why. This bike can handle everything I throw at it. As soon as I got the bike I purchased a Fox Factory 38 170mm Ebike fork for half price, Galfer 223mm rear brake disk and XTR Clipless pedals. Then went to taking pretty new items off my Bronson that was upgraded. Carbon wheels with Hydra9 hubs (mullet setup), Oneup carbon bars, Ethirteen Helix Race 12 speed, white camo death grips and a few little things. I switch out my rear wheel to use a 29 or a 27.5 depending on where I ride. All I can say is best bike ever!!

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Had my 2023 Orbea Wild color silver for about 2 months. Well as much as I wanted to get a custom paint I decided to order from a shop here in the US as these are in stock across the US. Ordered the 2023 M20 after watching hundreds of EMTB reviews online and it won absolutely every test. Now I know why. This bike can handle everything I throw at it. As soon as I got the bike I purchased a Fox Factory 38 170mm Ebike fork for half price, Galfer 223mm rear brake disk and XTR Clipless pedals. Then went to taking pretty new items off my Bronson that was upgraded. Carbon wheels with Hydra9 hubs (mullet setup), Oneup carbon bars, Ethirteen Helix Race 12 speed, white camo death grips and a few little things. I switch out my rear wheel to use a 29 or a 27.5 depending on where I ride. All I can say is best bike ever!!
How about posting some pics!

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Guys, I‘m currently waiting for my myO Wild. I ordered in mid August and delivery date was the first week of November. Since then the delivery date is postponed week to week.

Does anybody also has this issue. Or if you received your bike in the last weeks, when did you order?
Yep mine is now a couple of weeks away, apparently because they didnt have bars and stems???

Zave

Jul 27, 2022
Surrey England
Did you try the 2023 or buy one? If you did what size did you go for?

I´m 5´10 long legged as well and just like you my current trail bike is 450 reach. Trying to decide if I should go for M or L.

Size L Wild would give me the same top tube + stem as on my SC Hightower, but 30mm longer reach.

Never tried a bike with 480 reach but I´ve found the biggest problem with being long legged is the "seated reach" and not the reach when standing. If I ride a bike with a shorter reach than 450 I feel like I´m off balance when stand up pedaling and feel like I have to hold on to the bars to not fall backwards.
I bought the 2023 large size model. Fits perfectly.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles