All New 2023 Orbea Wild

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I don't buy it.
Repacking a new bike in another box won't cause paint runs or bubbles.
Similarly unless the repackaged box was full of rocks too I don't see how any packaging would cause damage to hard to get at areas like those shown in the pics around the bearings.

I think this is simply a decision by Orbea to ignore QC and ship bikes as fast as possible no matter what.
Once you have worked for a Distributor & shop you will realise quality of some people’s packing. I am guessing you have never bought a bike from wiggle/CRC internet full of people moaning about marks & a scratches on their bikes. But yes it’s also QC issues also I wasn’t saying it’s all from packing it certainly isn’t but also couriers are not known to be gentle with handling bikes 😂

billium

Jul 10, 2022
Sussex
Once you have worked for a Distributor & shop you will realise quality of some people’s packing. I am guessing you have never bought a bike from wiggle/CRC internet full of people moaning about marks & a scratches on their bikes. But yes it’s also QC issues also I wasn’t saying it’s all from packing it certainly isn’t but also couriers are not known to be gentle with handling bikes 😂
I accept that damage in shipping is a real hazard so a scuffed or scratched downtube in shipping? Sure - shit happens.
But look at this pic posted earlier in thread and imagine how such damage to the paint could occur at all.
How could even the most incompetent shipper do this?
No, this damage happened before or during the attachment of the link and someone decided it was good enough to ship anyway.

1682523999562.png

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
There's no way mine was done in shipping. You can clearly see where the paint spray has faded away on the frame during the painting stage.

20230321_145533.jpg

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Most likely done at the factory. & not good enough. Only other way is the sat spanner monkey checking torque of all the bearings & motor bolts etc.

thewanted

Apr 2, 2023
UK
Looking for UK-specific advice.

I’ve found a decent deal on a 2023 Wild, but the shop is hundreds of miles away from where I live. Do you need to use the same shop for warranty purposes, or can any Orbea dealer assist?

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway
My M-Team was finally delivered today. My "local" distributor took 20 days before they sent it to me(!)

All components were supposed to be XT (standard for M-team), but I got SLX cassette, SLX shifter and deore chain.
Not the end of the world, but still annoying! (n)

O-Wild.jpg

FFM

Feb 27, 2023
Germany
My M-Team was finally delivered today. My "local" distributor took 20 days before they sent it to me(!)

All components were supposed to be XT (standard for M-team), but I got SLX cassette, SLX shifter and deore chain.

View attachment 113579
Painting looks good from here. Did they told you before about the other parts?

I send my frame back and will hopefully get the new frame within this month.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada

View attachment 113579
You're better off with the SLX cassette, the SLX shifter would kind of piss me off though.

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway
Painting looks good from here. Did they told you before about the other parts?

I send my frame back and will hopefully get the new frame within this month.

Painting was OK. I got quite worried seeing your posts. Mine only had few minor hiccups that wont matter in a few months anyway :p

Last edited:

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent

View attachment 113579
Looks mega that mate! what colour and finish was that? Matte and mouse grey?

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway
Looks mega that mate! what colour and finish was that? Matte and mouse grey?
Thanks.
Yeah, its all mouse grey with black logos. Matte finish.
Probably a bit too "simple" for most, but I like the clean look. (I just have to replace that tiny orange sticker on the shock. It's SO loud! :LOL: )
I originally wanted the Military Green. It looked awesome in the MyO configurator preview, but the metallic finish turned me off a little.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Thanks.
Yeah, its all mouse grey with black logos. Matte finish.
Probably a bit too "simple" for most, but I like the clean look. (I just have to replace that tiny orange sticker on the shock. It's SO loud! :LOL: )
I originally wanted the Military Green. It looked awesome in the MyO configurator preview, but the metallic finish turned me off a little.

I love them, think they are an awesome looking bike and would be my first choice if looking to replace my Levo.

Had a play around on the personalisation a few times and it’s similar to what I picked! 👍🏻 So good to see it in the flesh

7D1579D5-CCB5-4029-A2C4-20FD9165C28E.jpeg

Batts

Apr 25, 2023
USA NY
Received my 2023 M10 on Wednesday, finally got a chance to ride it this morning, been raining a ton here in the Northeast USA. Paint is amazing, sorry to those having issues. I guess I am lucky. Probably would have lived with it though. I added XT brakes and upgraded the suspension, 170mm fork and X2. That is on my non-E bike so I am used to the set up process.

I only ride the E about once a week, I ride 4-6 times a week. I am coming off of an Intense Tazer Expert. It has the e7000 motor which is 60 or 65nm?? So my quick review is more based on the bike than the motor as I knew it would have a lot more power. The Bosch feels amazing.

For set up I mirrored the settings that are on my v1 Transition Sentinel with a Cascade Link. This felt great, conditions this morning were wet and slick so it was a good test, traction felt amazing. Will do some more minor changes but I am very close to where I like it. Adding air to the X2 is a pain in the a$$.
I ordered it with the EXO+ tires and on the rear changed it to a Double Down with maxterra as they last a little longer than the DH with maxgrip. Wish they would make a DH casing tire with maxterra.
Bars, got the Carbon bars, different feel from the One Up's but not bad, cut down to 770 to match my other bikes. I went with the higher rise again to match my other bikes.
The headset is going to be another pain in the a$$. I had to cut the dropper housing down and that was not easy, likely because it is so short with the headset routing. I will need to lower the stem a little, they send you plenty of spacers for the top to do this which is great, but also expected as it is proprietary. The GPS mount is a nice touch also.

My local trails are very rocky, rooty, and technical. Not long ups or downs but a lot of short steep tech. The bb height seems appropriate and did not get a lot of pedal strikes but I am used to a low bb. I felt that the bike was very nimble and "light feeling" for an ebike. I felt more comfortable on the first ride than I did after 2 years on the Tazer. No major jumps or drops today, just some small ones and was very predictable, again felt like my Sentinel. I did like the mullet of the Tazer and slightly concerned about a full 29er but my Sentinel is a 29er and with them sitting similar this was confidence inspiring. I could really push it into the turns, the bar height was a little high, but once I take a spacer out it should be even better to get more weight over the front. Bike feels very balanced, also easy to move around on. Never felt like I was too far forward or too far back or that I needed to be. Hoping to get more jumps and drops in soon to see but based on the smaller stuff and popping off of things it feels again predictable.

Battery: coming off the Tazer with a 504w battery that seems to be losing life the 750w was very much needed. The ride I did this morining would have just about drained the 504w battery. About 15 miles with 1600 ft of vert. Because it is relatively flat I would ride in trail on the Tazer to keep moving. I kept it in eMTB mode today again to keep moving and get to work on time (I started my ride at 6am) used about 2 bars. So plenty of life left in the battery to keep going, that is going to take some getting used to in a good way.

The bad: I do not like headset cable routing, the Transition Repeater was another bike I was looking at and that had it also, so I guess it is here to stay. Again adding air to the X2 is difficult but manageable. Cannot use my fancy shock pump. Hopefully not too many other things come up, but we will see.

Wild1.jpg

BermJunky

Mar 13, 2023
Nanaimo, BC
Received my 2023 M10 on Wednesday, finally got a chance to ride it this morning, been raining a ton here in the Northeast USA. Paint is amazing, sorry to those having issues. I guess I am lucky. Probably would have lived with it though. I added XT brakes and upgraded the suspension, 170mm fork and X2. That is on my non-E bike so I am used to the set up process.

I only ride the E about once a week, I ride 4-6 times a week. I am coming off of an Intense Tazer Expert. It has the e7000 motor which is 60 or 65nm?? So my quick review is more based on the bike than the motor as I knew it would have a lot more power. The Bosch feels amazing.

For set up I mirrored the settings that are on my v1 Transition Sentinel with a Cascade Link. This felt great, conditions this morning were wet and slick so it was a good test, traction felt amazing. Will do some more minor changes but I am very close to where I like it. Adding air to the X2 is a pain in the a$$.
I ordered it with the EXO+ tires and on the rear changed it to a Double Down with maxterra as they last a little longer than the DH with maxgrip. Wish they would make a DH casing tire with maxterra.
Bars, got the Carbon bars, different feel from the One Up's but not bad, cut down to 770 to match my other bikes. I went with the higher rise again to match my other bikes.
The headset is going to be another pain in the a$$. I had to cut the dropper housing down and that was not easy, likely because it is so short with the headset routing. I will need to lower the stem a little, they send you plenty of spacers for the top to do this which is great, but also expected as it is proprietary. The GPS mount is a nice touch also.

My local trails are very rocky, rooty, and technical. Not long ups or downs but a lot of short steep tech. The bb height seems appropriate and did not get a lot of pedal strikes but I am used to a low bb. I felt that the bike was very nimble and "light feeling" for an ebike. I felt more comfortable on the first ride than I did after 2 years on the Tazer. No major jumps or drops today, just some small ones and was very predictable, again felt like my Sentinel. I did like the mullet of the Tazer and slightly concerned about a full 29er but my Sentinel is a 29er and with them sitting similar this was confidence inspiring. I could really push it into the turns, the bar height was a little high, but once I take a spacer out it should be even better to get more weight over the front. Bike feels very balanced, also easy to move around on. Never felt like I was too far forward or too far back or that I needed to be. Hoping to get more jumps and drops in soon to see but based on the smaller stuff and popping off of things it feels again predictable.

Battery: coming off the Tazer with a 504w battery that seems to be losing life the 750w was very much needed. The ride I did this morining would have just about drained the 504w battery. About 15 miles with 1600 ft of vert. Because it is relatively flat I would ride in trail on the Tazer to keep moving. I kept it in eMTB mode today again to keep moving and get to work on time (I started my ride at 6am) used about 2 bars. So plenty of life left in the battery to keep going, that is going to take some getting used to in a good way.

The bad: I do not like headset cable routing, the Transition Repeater was another bike I was looking at and that had it also, so I guess it is here to stay. Again adding air to the X2 is difficult but manageable. Cannot use my fancy shock pump. Hopefully not too many other things come up, but we will see.

View attachment 113640
Just a quick note on adding air to the X2. The if you haven’t already, try coming from underneath and inside the frame brace. Way easier than trying to make the angle over the brace.
Great looking bike!

Batts

Apr 25, 2023
USA NY
Just a quick note on adding air to the X2. The if you haven’t already, try coming from underneath and inside the frame brace. Way easier than trying to make the angle over the brace.
Great looking bike!
Only way I could get to it....

goiner

Apr 18, 2023
Shoreline
Wow that’s so disappointing. Orbea needs to fire their quality control team. These are beautiful bikes but they
How in the world does qc ship something like that out?
I had serious questions about paint job on orbea wild 2023 carbon. I had it inspected by a composite engineer who said that is the way they wanted to build the frames. Slightly sloppy but intended to save weight by not doing finish paint. Ugly but rides great.
are damaging their reputation by letting these leave the factory. I mean, this is inexcusable. I now feel fortunate that mine is not affected.
Come on Orbea! WTF. These are $$$ and this should not be acceptable.
Sorry you have to deal with this, OP.

paal

Jun 26, 2022
Norway

View attachment 113640

Looks great! :love: Can you share your suspension settings? (and weight) :)

goiner

Apr 18, 2023
Shoreline
I had serious questions about paint job on orbea wild 2023 carbon. I had it inspected by a composite engineer who said that is the way they wanted to build the frames. Slightly sloppy but intended to save weight by not doing finish paint. Ugly but rides great.
I am contacting dealer for frame replacement. Hope these pics come through.

20230411_154401_resized_2.jpg 20230411_154253_resized_2.jpg 20230411_154002.jpg 20230411_130423_resized_3.jpg 20230411_153611.jpg

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA

1ma2t

Nov 21, 2022
Utah
I may receive some negative feedback for this, but I would like to suggest starting a new thread specifically for discussing wild paint defects. Personally, I would prefer to see pictures of people's bikes rather than reading about their complaints. While it's possible that the pictures aren't conveying the full extent of the defects, I don't believe that any of them are significant enough to warrant so much attention and complaining. When I received my bike, it had a small clear coat bubble that I was able to fix with some clear resin. In my opinion, we don't need to focus so much on the paint of an Enduro Mountain bike, which is meant to be ridden hard and may not have perfect paint after just a few rides.

Overall, I am thoroughly impressed with the quality of the bike. It rides like nothing I have ever owned before, and I found it to be very reasonably priced. In my opinion, there is no other ebike available from a mainstream manufacturer that offers such a great combination of speed, agility, style, and affordability.

IMG_1908.jpeg IMG_1818.jpeg IMG_1901.jpeg IMG_1821.jpeg IMG_1838.jpeg

BermJunky

Mar 13, 2023
Nanaimo, BC
I ha
Tough to tell in pics what you’re referring to. It’s a carbon view color so you’ll have the layup of the carbon come through thru the metallic. What are the paint issues? Overspray, orange peel, Clearcoat?
I have the blue carbon view. I love the carbon weave and “imperfections”. Then again, my paint is awesome.
Hard to tell with those pics and not saying there isn’t an issue.
Hope you get satisfaction.

BermJunky

Mar 13, 2023
Nanaimo, BC
I may receive some negative feedback for this, but I would like to suggest starting a new thread specifically for discussing wild paint defects. Personally, I would prefer to see pictures of people's bikes rather than reading about their complaints. While it's possible that the pictures aren't conveying the full extent of the defects, I don't believe that any of them are significant enough to warrant so much attention and complaining. When I received my bike, it had a small clear coat bubble that I was able to fix with some clear resin. In my opinion, we don't need to focus so much on the paint of an Enduro Mountain bike, which is meant to be ridden hard and may not have perfect paint after just a few rides.

Overall, I am thoroughly impressed with the quality of the bike. It rides like nothing I have ever owned before, and I found it to be very reasonably priced. In my opinion, there is no other ebike available from a mainstream manufacturer that offers such a great combination of speed, agility, style, and affordability.

View attachment 114018 View attachment 114019 View attachment 114020 View attachment 114021 View attachment 114022
Agreed. Was out on mine again tonight. Can’t ride it enough! Performs so well. Absolutely rips turns and chunky lines.

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland

View attachment 114018 View attachment 114019 View attachment 114020 View attachment 114021 View attachment 114022
I get what you're saying however the reality is that for several new owners of the Wild in here, they/we've not yet had a chance to experience the thrill of the ride as our bikes have arrived in an unacceptable condition.

I can assure you, for me anyway, that once my frame is back and I get to ride it, I'll most certainly add some positivity to this thread.

P.s stunning bike!!

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
500 Mile Update

Just passed 500 miles after 2 months owning my M10 with 750W/h battery.

Thought I’d share some ride stats accumulated over 19 rides.

Average ride = 27.7 miles

Average elevation climb = 3233 feet

Average battery use = 78.4%

Running four modes:

TURBO (set at +5 assist, +3 dynamic)

EMTB (set at +3 assist, +5 dynamic)

SPORT (set at +3 assist, +3 dynamic)

TOUR+ (set at +2 assist, +5 dynamic)

Mode use to this point:

TURBO 25 miles (5%)

EMTB 417 miles (83%)

SPORT 15 miles (3%)

TOUR+ 48 miles (9%)

Batts

Apr 25, 2023
USA NY
Looks great! :love: Can you share your suspension settings? (and weight) :)
Sorry, been riding the regular bike lately to get ready for my first enduro race.

I want to get another ride in and do some minor changes then will let you guys know.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles