after market ebike motors

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
does anyone make aftermarket ebike motors with more power that can be fitted to existing bosch or shimano frames? i think i saw someone doing that a while ago at some point but i dont see it anywhere on the internet now that i can find.

i would like to upgrade my ebike to get some real power instead of these stock systems handicapped by legislation. i know we are supposed to be happy with these lower power systems the government wants us to have but i am looking to see what sort of performance can be achieved. i guess i could go with the cyc motor but i dont like the battery and motor precariously hanging off the frame.

i did a 72v conversion on my surron and now im hooked on high power systems

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
what might even be better is if someone could crack the firmware on these motors so we could set the tune higher, the motors are no doubt capable of pushing more watts. i am actually surprised we havent seen this yet, like how they crack the iphone software. that way you want range u leave it in stock power but if you want to play around you push it up to 2kW

MadTurnip

Jan 14, 2021
Dublin, Ireland
what might even be better is if someone could crack the firmware on these motors so we could set the tune higher, the motors are no doubt capable of pushing more watts. i am actually surprised we havent seen this yet, like how they crack the iphone software. that way you want range u leave it in stock power but if you want to play around you push it up to 2kW
The difficult part here is if you fuck it up the motor is a write off. Not to mention Shimano won't help for shit and will just demand you buy a new motor.
How does Bosch implement the 25kmph limit? Is it firmware based with different firmware for EU / NA? Is it just a matter of dumping the NA firmware and flashing it on to get 32kmph?

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
The difficult part here is if you fuck it up the motor is a write off. Not to mention Shimano won't help for shit and will just demand you buy a new motor.
How does Bosch implement the 25kmph limit? Is it firmware based with different firmware for EU / NA? Is it just a matter of dumping the NA firmware and flashing it on to get 32kmph?
cracking the speed limit is nothing, there are kinds of devices for that already. they need to crack the power, free these motors up so we can use them how we want. im not worried about the warranty, i just get a new motor if need be. but yeah it prolly wont happen so i guess i will just do a build with cyc motor and get something really powerful that suits what im looking for. i thought my bosch ebike was amazing for a while but now i want something i can really fly on

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Get a Bafang M620 bike with the 52v controller @ 30A. I don't see a need for any 3000w type controller as it would just be harder on the drivetrain and battery range. Plenty fast, I was riding with my Class 1 buddy today and it was no contest on the hills and I have 20 yrs on him. On the flats forgetaboutit.

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
Get a Bafang M620 bike with the 52v controller @ 30A. I don't see a need for any 3000w type controller as it would just be harder on the drivetrain and battery range. Plenty fast, I was riding with my Class 1 buddy today and it was no contest on the hills and I have 20 yrs on him. On the flats forgetaboutit.
i think im going to hold out for the 5000w cyc gen 3 and do a build on that the more i research. i kinda want the surron like experience but with less than half the weight. im sure the range at power will be pretty dismal but im suspecting i can ride it at low power if i want to do a decent length ride. this motor weighs less than the bafang m620 motor by a margin, just wont have near as clean of an integration is the big downside

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
i think im going to hold out for the 5000w cyc gen 3 and do a build on that the more i research. i kinda want the surron like experience but with less than half the weight. im sure the range at power will be pretty dismal but im suspecting i can ride it at low power if i want to do a decent length ride. this motor weighs less than the bafang m620 motor by a margin, just wont have near as clean of an integration is the big downside
Something like this ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles