Radon pulling out of UK market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Slightly wrong.........the aim was to negotiate a free trade deal. No one could state in advance that would be successful whilst at the same time securing complete Sovereign independence which for those of us that voted to leave was the primary objective.
LOTS of the Arthur Daleys involved did exactly that. You are entitled to your own opinions Mike, but not your own facts. And the facts are several high profile politicians up to and including cabinet ministers promised continued access to the single market. I promised myself I wouldn't get back into this thread but rewriting history is not on.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
LOTS of the Arthur Daleys involved did exactly that. You are entitled to your own opinions Mike, but not your own facts. And the facts are several high profile politicians up to and including cabinet ministers promised continued access to the single market. I promised myself I wouldn't get back into this thread but rewriting history is not on.
And if I believed them I might have voted leave BUT I listened to the experts whom said it would be very difficult so didn’t !
Now the remoaners are getting the blame for how bad it’s going . Hope it goes well , it’s the last thing we need atm !

Last edited:
Reactions: EME

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
This article is rather more balanced than your rather black and white canvass. I had a pretty clear understanding of the EU and the overall impact of the various Treaties during my career dealing internationally with Govt organisations. I was perfectly clear that membership of the single market was neither a goal nor was it the least desirable given it necessarily included not only the free passage of goods ( the Customs Union) but also meant open borders and no ability to agree FTAs with the rest of the world etc. Making decisions based on personal knowledge and research is always preferable to considering everything said in a political campaign is gospel!!

What was promised about the customs union before the referendum? - Full Fact

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
You can say that personal knowledge stuff all day but the average joe hasn’t a glue about eu law and trade deals so they listen to the mp’s who on both sides said losts of contradictory statements .Atm it looks like most of the remain things are happening and almost 0% of the leave things are .
As said above 99% of leavers won’t get what they wanted WHEN THEY 1ST VOTED ! I ask friends what good things will come and all I get is SOVEREIGNTY , which means jack when trade deals are done !

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I count at least two faleshoods to add to the previous. If your Bredit is so good, why lie about it? Anyway it's like two bald men arguing over a comb. You won, you got your Brexit, yours to own & make work now. Good news for car park builders in Kent, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles