22 Stereo hybrid 160 light and bar control question

Fmxr47

Feb 6, 2023
Ohio
I just recently ordered a magic shine handlebar light to hardwire to the Bosch CX motor. I’ve heard some companies prewire the light cable and hide in the frame. Does anyone know if cube does this? I have no issues doing wiring being a mechanic but just curious how far I’d be tearing into this. Already looking forward to dealing with the integrated cable routing in the headset again

Also can I activate the light setting in the flow app or will I need to go to the Bosch dealer. I’ve heard some are already activated and some are not.

My last question is I’ve been wanting to ditch the bulky handlebar remote for the mini Bluetooth one. Is that something I can do myself and connect via the flow app or again need the dealer?

Thanks all, shred on

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Just saw this post.
Cube does not pre-wire bikes for lights so you have to buy the special cabled for front and back separately.
Treck does / or did a few years ago when I added lights to my bike (cube) and my wife's Treck.
As with the light activation, sorry I can't answer that, I have a 2020 cube without the flow app. I got it activated when I ordered / picked up the bike.
Sorry, no idea with the last question.

Fmxr47

Feb 6, 2023
Ohio
Interested to hear how you get on wiring up your magic shine light as keen to do this to
My 160TM

I installed the light after running the wire, wasn’t too difficult to run the wire using some old plastic tubing as a pull once getting it through. Took the bike to a Bosch dealer and that’s where things didn’t go so great. They activated the port like I had asked and also set the wattage to 18w as that was the max spec on the Magicshine page for the light with my motor. The light flashes on then cuts out. I have since powered the light up with a 12v battery and held the button for x amount of seconds u til the red light flashes quickly on the power button. That is suppose to indicate the light has been successfully switched to e-bike mode. Hooked the light back up to the bike and still no luck. Flashes on then faults out the system like it’s a circuit overload. I have sent numerous emails to Magicshine over the last 2 weeks without any response. Quite frustrating, 3 scenarios I’m thinking. 1- shorted cable (but only faults when light is turned on yet the cable remains powered up the entire time until faulted) 2- faulty light, 3- the light isn’t actually compatible with the motor like their chart states.

I’d be am curious to see if others have had this issue. So far I am disappointed in Magicshines ability to respond to support issues on a brand new product. They have no contact phone number listed for support and only shows email correspondence. I even reached out via private message on their Instagram page with same results, radio silence.

The light hooked up to a 12v battery does work and it is very bright, unfortunately I did not buy it for that use and the battery was a power tool battery I rigged up for testing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles