2020 Stereo Hybrid 160 Batteries .

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Re Stereo hybrid 160 2020 battery .

I was cleaning my bike today and removed the battery .
There are alternative mounting points for a 500 watt hour bosch battery . As printed on the inside of the frame under the battery . Looked to be just a matter of moving the connectors to the other position .

So ,, if you want to use a 500 watt hour battery on your 2020 stereo hyb 160 . It seems to be an option . Not some thing I would want to do trailside . But if I was travelling and wanted to hire a battery or already had another 500 W Hr I would be a happy man .

Any one tried this ?

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
For sure you can use both battery.. my 140 had originally 500 watt then I switch to 625 watt.. But u must move lock lower down the frame tube coz 500 watt is smaller so not posible to just mount it ..

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
[URL unfurl = "true"] Bosch macht E-Mountainbiken flexibel [/ URL]

G `day Bis

I think this is a different system .
It looks to me that the mount can be re positioned . It has labels that say 625 w position / 500 w position . Move the locking system for different batteries . No adapter req .

2z0I2Lr.jpg

A3m71QU.jpg

Reactions: Bis

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
For sure you can use both battery.. my 140 had originally 500 watt then I switch to 625 watt.. But u must move lock lower down the frame tube coz 500 watt is smaller so not posible to just mount it ..

To move the lock .
Is there a nut under the battery holder that the lock mount screws into ? How do you get it out from under ?

Curious , I don`t have a 500 W battery so no need ATM . But I would like to understand what is involved to move it .

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
To move the lock .
Is there a nut under the battery holder that the lock mount screws into ? How do you get it out from under ?

Curious , I don`t have a 500 W battery so no need ATM . But I would like to understand what is involved to move it .
You must move the lock coz batteries are different sizes.. My dealer did it for me in couple of minutes so it can't be very hard, but I wasn't around :( so can't give exact instructions but I am sure it can be done.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles