Mullet....on Cube Stereo Hybrid 160?

Fmxr47

Feb 6, 2023
Ohio
I know it's along time ago this thread But I've been giving info to Superstar components in regards to a angled headset and they didn't seem to realise that that Cube use a 56 cup top and bottom
So checked posts on here took some time but come up Trumps with you in this thread
Cheers buddies this has help me out

If only there was an option for the newer stereo’s with integrated cable routing through the headset.

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
If only there was an option for the newer stereo’s with integrated cable routing through the headset.
I suppose its because your messing with the geometry by doing that alone
Front centre and wheel base get extended and you end up with slower steering and it go on and on

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
The bike started off second hand stereo 140 medium which had 29" wheels 140mm fork travel in the intension of swapping out stuff to see what happens with the geo
What I've done is replaced the back wheel with a 27.5 in doing so, I've swapped out the rear shock which was a 185 x 55 for a 205 x 65 super deluxe ultimate to raise the back, I've put 170mm Zeb Ultimate up front,
I have 150, 155 and 165 cranks I will play around with, I'm in the throws of slackening it, I've got 1mm and 2mm winging their way from a company in Staffordshire UK
So this will be interesting to see what sort of Frankenstein bike I've made
also put a 500watt battery in it to keep the weight down
🥴 🤮

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
Got to admit over the last year, I've pulled together some decent parts
Its working out nearly half price from the year before that 👌

Doug85

Feb 8, 2024
Scotland
I know it's along time ago this thread But I've been giving info to Superstar components in regards to a angled headset and they didn't seem to realise that that Cube use a 56 cup top and bottom
So checked posts on here took some time but come up Trumps with you in this thread
Cheers buddies this has help me out
Hi mate, I just got the 160 Action team 27.5 abit concerned about what's been said about the headsets on it are they really that bad or just crushing under the 29er rise? Cheers

Schlayer88

Sep 21, 2023
Maple Ridge
Hi mate, I just got the 160 Action team 27.5 abit concerned about what's been said about the headsets on it are they really that bad or just crushing under the 29er rise? Cheers
I have 800km on my stereo

Prob half of those with mullet setup
Went down to 160 fork on the front.

No headset issues yet

Fmxr47

Feb 6, 2023
Ohio

I probably send it a bit more than the average rider and I destroyed my lower headset bearing quickly. Replaced it with a cane creek bearing and it’s been great since.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles