Cube stereo hybrid 160 sl 750 owners

simonwwfc

Jul 26, 2022
Bucks
Well ordered mine and paid deposit Saturday delivery 7 days time this will be my first proper ebike how are you owners finding them ? Any thing you would upgrade straight away ? I’ve got a new bel air seat , grips and peddles on order with the lock bottle and attachment. Plus side stand ( tin hat ready ) only thing so far is rear and front lights plus bell or horn lol 😂 I’ve bought the polar silver and orange 🍊 one it’s a 2022 model with smart system all new to me again only had cheap Chinese bikes I’ve down loaded the flow app ? Is there anything else I need to read up on ? Who’s fitted a speedbox / chip thingy ? Are they worth it ?

Clean

Subscriber
Jul 1, 2022
West Yorkshire
Helmet, gloves, knee and elbow pads, glasses…….

Pedals, too….. they don’t come with pedals!

And a taxi to see your Bank Manager to extend your overdraft for all the other goodies you will want to buy!

Welcome to Club Cube; lovely place to be.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
...Any thing you would upgrade straight away ? ...
My list is longer than I first planned:

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Convert to tubeless and look into mudguards to keep crud out of the gaps in the battery cover. Rear mudguard low down to protect pivot points & motor.

simonwwfc

Jul 26, 2022
Bucks
Cheers all just been advised bike is now with courier service , just gotta find a spare date with them to deliver it . No need for overdraft or bank manager just have a very understanding wife who pays for my man toys

Wombat Breath

Sep 26, 2023
Western Australia
*Snap* (see my profile for mine)... accessories will depend on what you end up using it for, so give that some thought and spend some time with it before you open your better half's purse (otherwise you end up buying a load of crap that you never use, like me)

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
Velcro straps for the battery, if you're planning to do anything more than country roads. 400mm long minimum.

The Bosch battery tray is a real weak point and there are many cases of it coming loose.

If you ride bike parks, tech trails with big drops etc I'd invest in some.

I don't use my bike without them now.

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
I've no idea what's going on with your battery covers but mine and a friend's 2022 bikes have no issue. Stiniog, bpw, dyfi... no problem at all.
Can only assume something isn't right because that button clamps the cover on tight, I really have to press it in to release.

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
Same, I've not had an issue with the battery cover at all, it can sometimes be difficult to get off. You can adjust the location bolt at the top of the frame to make the cover a little tighter if needed.

I was referring to the actual battery and battery holder tray that can come loose.
I use the velcro straps around the frame and directly onto the battery and then clip the cover over the top of them.

After breaking one of the battery tabs off of the connector when the tray came loose I'm not taking any more chances.

Thanks to Bosch who sent me out a replacement connector swiftly 👍

IMG_20231001_181454~2.jpg

Last edited:

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Same, I've not had an issue with the battery cover at all, it can sometimes be difficult to get off. You can adjust the location bolt at the top of the frame to make the cover a little tighter if needed.

I was referring to the actual battery and battery holder tray that can come loose.
I use the velcro straps around the frame and directly onto the battery and then clip the cover over the top of them.

After breaking one of the battery tabs off of the connector when the tray came loose I'm not taking any more chances.

Thanks to Bosch who sent me out a replacement connector swiftly 👍

View attachment 126694

Ah sorry misread.
The bolt under the locking mechanism does need taking out, locktite adding and then tightening back down.
No issues in the year since I did that. Poor QC really, it should have locktite and spring washer as standard.

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
Yeah I've had to remove the bolt and reapply thread lock also.

My bolt did actually have thread lock but it was the kind that comes pre applied to bolts and in my experience isn't as secure as the liquid thread lock.

Hopefully I won't have anymore issues with it, I am still however going to continue using the velcro straps.
Considering the weight of the battery and that there are only 3 bolts holding the tray to the frame, doing jumps and big drops still concerns me. It also stops the battery from rattling which is a bonus 😆

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Yeah I've had to remove the bolt and reapply thread lock also.

My bolt did actually have thread lock but it was the kind that comes pre applied to bolts and in my experience isn't as secure as the liquid thread lock.

Hopefully I won't have anymore issues with it, I am still however going to continue using the velcro straps.
Considering the weight of the battery and that there are only 3 bolts holding the tray to the frame, doing jumps and big drops still concerns me. It also stops the battery from rattling which is a bonus 😆
I put a small sticky foam block on the battery tray that the battery pushes into. It means the battery is tight against the locking mechanism and is rattle free😁

golfatha

Jan 17, 2023
Northumberland
Well ordered mine and paid deposit Saturday delivery 7 days time this will be my first proper ebike how are you owners finding them ? Any thing you would upgrade straight away ? I’ve got a new bel air seat , grips and peddles on order with the lock bottle and attachment. Plus side stand ( tin hat ready ) only thing so far is rear and front lights plus bell or horn lol 😂 I’ve bought the polar silver and orange 🍊 one it’s a 2022 model with smart system all new to me again only had cheap Chinese bikes I’ve down loaded the flow app ? Is there anything else I need to read up on ? Who’s fitted a speedbox / chip thingy ? Are they worth it ?
Hi welcome to Cube good choice I basically upgraded everything on mine bar the dropper post fork
IMG_0944.png
IMG_3921.png

Last edited:

Glynmorgans

Dec 21, 2022
New forest UK
Only use Volspeed, tried Speedbox contestant error codes

checksum

Feb 28, 2024
Berkshire
Ah sorry misread.
The bolt under the locking mechanism does need taking out, locktite adding and then tightening back down.
No issues in the year since I did that. Poor QC really, it should have locktite and spring washer as standard.
Does anyone know how tight to torque the bolt under the battery lock? And also the two bolts at the bottom end of the battery bracket? I've applied locktite but don't want them to come loose, nor overtighten as they clamp the carbon.

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
Not overly tight, maybe 4-5nm, use good quality thread lock and they shouldn't come loose.

Like you say, you don't want to overtighten them as the studs are bonded directly to the carbon frame and if that breaks it could be expensive to fix.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles