2022 cube stereo hybrid 160 hpc sl 750

Jul 14, 2019
bexhill on sea
Good morning
I have recently brought a new 2022 cube stereo hybrid 160 hpc sl 750 on tonight's ride it started creaking badly somewhere in the frame or top tube area its not motor or seat as can make it make a noise just moving the bike any ideas also how does warranty stand as got it Mail order from.pauls cycles

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Good morning
I have recently brought a new 2022 cube stereo hybrid 160 hpc sl 750 on tonight's ride it started creaking badly somewhere in the frame or top tube area its not motor or seat as can make it make a noise just moving the bike any ideas also how does warranty stand as got it Mail order from.pauls cycles
A mate of mine had a creak on the same bike, turned out it was one the cables that pop out of the frame down near the motor just needed pulling on a little to take up some slack that was inside the frame. It sounded very much like a bottom bracket or crank type creak/knock you can get on normal bikes and it drove him mad for a few weeks trying to figure out what it was. Once he just grabbed that bit of outer cable and pulled it tight the problem vanished.

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Unfortunately they are notorious for creaking.
However it can be sorted, a case of tracking the source and sorting it.

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Unfortunately they are notorious for creaking.
However it can be sorted, a case of tracking the source and sorting it.
My '23 is pretty much silent, but it's only done about 25 miles so far. My mates '22 had that creak from new, took a while to figure out what it was but was an easy fix.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles